Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments (27582 Views)

Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each / Prof. Augustine Nwagbara Tasks Government And Universities On Diaspora Phenomeno / Video Of Nigerian Prof. Austin Nwagbara That Made Ghana Sack Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Beninwitch: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
I know this Prof from the University of Lagos. Was Head of Department of English at one point.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nukilia:

Shame on you! You know why you are a coward..... Its simple ..... You expect everyone to keep quiet while you maltreat them...
You'll be surprised to see him get another job... grin grin grin

We know your type
it is not about keeping quiet

The man went on a senseless rant that has placed him in a difficult situation
I just pray he doesnt end up in prison because the charges are quite serious.

It may be innocent but he did something similar to what cause the genocide in Rwanda

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nukilia:

grin grin cheesy grave kwa... Kill him and see what happens. Ghanaian criminal cheesy grin grin
His life is not worth the sweat

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nukilia:

Don't be fooled by the corrupted history passed over to you! These same Ghanaians started this deportation thing first in the late 1970s by Dr. Busia a well known tribal bigot who incited the Ghanaian people against Nigerians and supervised the capture of Nigerian properties in Ghana. Ghanaians are such a hate-filled begins. When they see Nigerians succeeding the get sad. The only way to make a Ghanaian sad is to be successful as a Nigerian. Its so pathetic when we have such people in this part of the world. I strongly condemn those Nigerians who are involved in criminal activities and I advice them to turn a new leaf.
Alien compliance was not a deportation

Ghana brought in all those workers
Give them free housing, trained them and offer them work.

They werent economically viable to Ghana again so they had to be sent back to their home country.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beninwitch:
I know this Prof from the University of Lagos. Was Head of Department of English at one point.

he wasnt a professor in unilag, Unilag wouldnt make him a professor. Ghana offered him a role as a professor and then he proceeds to denigrate the system under which he benefits calling it substandard.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beninwitch:

he wasnt a professor in unilag, Unilag wouldnt make him a professor. Ghana offered him a role as a professor and then he proceeds to denigrate the system under which he benefits calling it substandard. ingrate!!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Berankis:

I read your comments with so much disgust! What is special about useless Ghana? Is it not the same country in which Nigerians are attacked for being successful and killed?
The fact remains Ghana will always be lesser a country to Nigeria! Badly behaved bunch of fools!! I totally agree with what the Professor has said, I only pity Nigerians for we suffer for our unpatriotism. The Professor should return and be given automatic employment here, these are the people we need in this country, people who can turn things around, people who can talk sense with courage irrespective of whose horse is gored. People with credibility!
im laughing grin grin grin grin

But your country has also been the underdog when compared to Ghana
So what are you saying

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
babytoun:

I have summarised the message from his statements ...look at the page before this you will see my submission ..

Now I want you to articulate your grievance possibly in 4 lines ...and you are asking me to get an interpreter ...How is the prof wrong by stating the obvious about the standard of education ?

Feeding my question back at me is an act of gulibility. The prof disgrace academia fraternity and you shouldn't be here Seen licking his ass. Be objective enough to know when it is wrong.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Beninwitch: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Ghana is democratic and she is not run by fools. His prestige had been cut off and his appointment terminated( That alone is enough). He just experience psychological torture . I bet you it will be difficult for him to get similar job aborad now. He is indeed foolish.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. That Prof is very established and experienced. He has lost no prestige. He simply picka another appointment elsewhere.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beninwitch:

Sorry to burst your bubbles. That Prof is very established and experienced. He has lost no prestige. He simply picka another appointment elsewhere.
Not in Ghana or elsewhere aside Nigeria . Even in Nigeria,, if he has a political ambition he should stay clear of it from now as his chances look very dimming and damaging.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Beninwitch: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
Just30:
it is not about keeping quiet

The man went on a senseless rant that has placed him in a difficult situation
I just pray he doesnt end up in prison because the charges are quite serious.

It may be innocent but he did something similar to what cause the genocide in Rwanda

I would like to know where you get your supply!!! It is obviously tampering with your reasoning.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by budaatum: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
but Buda, sensitive lssues demand objectivity. Where you are, it is humanity first before nationality. And that to me count.
My objectivity is my mind and not somewhere in Ikotun, Brighton or the Orolu Kingdom so where I am counts for nought to me.

I guess I'm just not like you vaxx.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nukilia:

The Ghanaian media is filled with pathetic souls who are doing the dirty jobs of the Ghanaian crooks. Their agenda is simple.

1. Blackmail Nigerians using the media and takeover their properties in Ghana..

#EndGame
so the media shouldnt report a crime because a Nigerian was the one that committed it ?

sometimes when you guys talk do you listen to yourself at all.

No country will tolerate any group of foreigners from any demographic to commit 13 heinous crimes all in the spate of a week.

That demographics will be profile because they more prone to crimes.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by jadams: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrAnele:

9. The University apologises to Ghanaians for Prof. Nwagbara’s disparaging remarks about this country’s educational system and further indicates that the comments were full of factual inaccuracies.

An incorrigible liar will never change irrespective of his/her level of education.
why lie if you have nothing to hide ?

Igbos are undoubtedly the curse of Nigeria, Africa and the Black Race

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

My objectivity is my mind and not somewhere in Ikotun, Brighton or the Orolu Kingdom so where I am counts for nought to me.

I guess I'm just not like you vaxx.

Theatrical
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by budaatum: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Theatrical
That's buda for you. Eko for show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8uS5Qy8X1w
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Feeding my question back at me is an act of gulibility. The prof disgrace academia fraternity and you shouldn't be here Seen licking his ass. Be objective enough to know when it is wrong.

You want to force it down my throat that he is wrong ...and I say ...NO WAY

It's your duty to sell the grounds you think he is wrong to me ....if that's too tough a job for you then run along .
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
ken6488:

You dare not compare Ghana and Nigeria...

We hold there economic...

Our problem here is weak president and tribal problems

But rest assured that Ghana will soon feel our heat
you dont even hold your own economy

how can you hold Ghana's competitive economy ?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by yaaeekean: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
they should leave gh and face d bad gov in naija
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
obama30:

The man did not commit any offence, we need people that can speak and defend their people as he do without minding peanuts call job while his people is about to wipe out. Bro I thanks God for you and God will bless you more. Million's can condemn you act but One person thanks God for using you to save millions and God will surely bless you and give you protection where you need to be protect as you lose your partial job to save others you will never go without blessing.

The poster post what he likes. the man call on Nigeria media at Nigeria to start broadcasting about crime committed in Nigeria by Ghanaian’s living in Nigeria the way Ghana castigate Nigeria even when the offender is not Nigeria.
He made the comment based that Nigeria high profiles in Ghana has meets with Ghana authority for identification of the said criminals and kidnappers but the Ghana police fail to prove the suspect ID. They now beg to meet the suspect face to face yet the authority decline.
then even the Ambassador get angry that you don't want Nigerian in Ghana to see the people to believe that they are Nigerians yet the Ghana media was busy broadcasting all manners of evil comment sighting xenophobia against Nigeria and you think people will be silent.
Yes the professor is a hero because among all high profile Nigeria in Ghana he and Ambassador and Eze-Igbo are the only people that speak up, while the people that commit the kidnapping are from warri and one Calabar men.
But the Ghana media refuse to mention the 11 Ghanaian's that commit the crime with just only 4 non identify Nigeria and only one confirmed man from Calabar.
The way Ghana media take the issue if not for intervention of this man, xenophobia have already started in Kumasi against Nigeria. but because this man call on Nigerian media AIT, NTA and others to raise up and start broadcasting against Ghana that's reason xenophobia that have started in Kumasi die down.
There’s no time he call on Nigerian community in Ghana to raise up against Ghanaian's. The poster just post what suits him to condemn Nigerian more but forget that people lives’ in Ghana and watch the whole things life.
The media can release filted news only in Nigerian but not things that didn’t happen in Nigeria. I first posted the original how it happens yesterday but Nairaland never post in at front page.
do you know who a criminal is and who an accomplice is ?

the Ghanaians who were arrested were all accomplices and they will equally face to laws for aiding and abetting a crime

This rant of yours is stupid
How do you go to the British police to ask them to allow you to go and confirm if the people they arrested are nigerians or not?
The police already have their mandate and they have their systems of identifying the identity of any national.

If they are serious, they should go and meet the lawyers o those criminals

Calling on Nigerians to raise up against Ghanaian is the reason why hes in trouble
a call to arms is a crime according to the laws of Ghana.

what he did is the same thing that brought about the genocide in Rwanda
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
babytoun:

You want to force it down my throat that he is wrong ...and I say ...NO WAY

It's your duty to sell the grounds you think he is wrong to me ....if that's too tough a job for you then run along .
Be updated instead of going forth and back.

The prof is actually begging now.

General NewsThu, 20 Jun 2019
Sacked ‘inciting’ Nigerian Professor Nwagbara claims video was doctored

Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara.png
Professor, Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara

Embattled visiting Nigerian Professor, Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara who has been sacked by the University of Education, Winneba(UEW) says the videotape that has led to his dismissal was doctored.

According to him, he did not utter some of the things attributed to him on the video which are considered to be disparaging to Ghana.

The University of Education on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, terminated the contract of the visiting Nigerian professor who was seen in a video inciting Nigerians against Ghana.

The decision to terminate the contract was taken after a Disciplinary Committee of the university conducted a probe into the content of the video.

Content of the video has been widely condemned by Ghanaians over fears it could further polarise the recent tensed relationship between locals and Nigerians residing in the country.

The Public Relations Officer of the University of Education, Ernest Azutiga, told Host Kwaku Owusu Adjei on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa FM that the remorseful Prof. Nwagbara denied many of the content on the tape when he appeared before the Disciplinary Committee.

“On the issue of Nigerian universities being 80% better than Ghana’s he said he never said that. On the issue of revenue that the University of Ghana accrues as a result of Nigerian students schooling there, he said he never uttered such claims and that he has no statistics to back that, also the fact that UEW begged him to stay in Ghana he claims he never said that. He stressed that the video was doctored and doesn’t fully reflect what he said."

“Prof. Nwagbara when he appeared before the committee regretted the content of the video and apologized for the disgrace caused the reputable university even though he insisted the video was doctored. He was shocked the video came out because he didn’t see anyone recording the meeting,” Mr. Azutiga added.

Mr. Azutiga noted that his own investigations have established that Prof. Nwagbara is a fine lecturer, only that he got carried away by nationalism during his meeting with his compatriots hence the kind of utterances he made.

Source. Kassapfm.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by rampantlover: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
ken6488:
sad I am beginning to hate all this Ghanaians

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL....WE HATE YOU ANIMALS TOO cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by PetroDollaxx: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
A very, very foolish man indeed grin he should be jailed as well. Next time you go to another country, you leave if you don’t like the country. Don’t ever bad mouth your host. After all nobody asked you to stay and work in Ghana? What nonsense is that?
isthatso:
serves him right, foolish man!!
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by PetroDollaxx: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
grin

rampantlover:

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL....WE HATE YOU ANIMALS TOO cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by rampantlover: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
THE BASTARD IS BEGGING NOW grin grin grin grin grin HE HAS BEEN SACKED AND NEED TO RETURN TO HIS FULANI CONTROL COUNTRY. HE IS GETTING REMORSEFUL BECAUSE HE WILL MISS THE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY HE ENOJYS IN GHANA COMPARES TO THE ZOO THAT HE COMES FROM. grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
Beninwitch:

I would like to know where you get your supply!!! It is obviously tampering with your reasoning.
Sorry
im not a Nigerian
I dont do drugs

how many bottles of codeine have you taken sense morning

surely making you stupid
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Be updated instead of going forth and back.

The prof is actually begging now.

General NewsThu, 20 Jun 2019
Sacked ‘inciting’ Nigerian Professor Nwagbara claims video was doctored

Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara.png
Professor, Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara

Embattled visiting Nigerian Professor, Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara who has been sacked by the University of Education, Winneba(UEW) says the videotape that has led to his dismissal was doctored.

According to him, he did not utter some of the things attributed to him on the video which are considered to be disparaging to Ghana.

The University of Education on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, terminated the contract of the visiting Nigerian professor who was seen in a video inciting Nigerians against Ghana.

The decision to terminate the contract was taken after a Disciplinary Committee of the university conducted a probe into the content of the video.

Content of the video has been widely condemned by Ghanaians over fears it could further polarise the recent tensed relationship between locals and Nigerians residing in the country.

The Public Relations Officer of the University of Education, Ernest Azutiga, told Host Kwaku Owusu Adjei on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa FM that the remorseful Prof. Nwagbara denied many of the content on the tape when he appeared before the Disciplinary Committee.

“On the issue of Nigerian universities being 80% better than Ghana’s he said he never said that. On the issue of revenue that the University of Ghana accrues as a result of Nigerian students schooling there, he said he never uttered such claims and that he has no statistics to back that, also the fact that UEW begged him to stay in Ghana he claims he never said that. He stressed that the video was doctored and doesn’t fully reflect what he said."

“Prof. Nwagbara when he appeared before the committee regretted the content of the video and apologized for the disgrace caused the reputable university even though he insisted the video was doctored. He was shocked the video came out because he didn’t see anyone recording the meeting,” Mr. Azutiga added.

Mr. Azutiga noted that his own investigations have established that Prof. Nwagbara is a fine lecturer, only that he got carried away by nationalism during his meeting with his compatriots hence the kind of utterances he made.

Source. Kassapfm.

This does not answer my question ....statements about begging are unverified ....if at all he is begging ...may be for his job ...

But I insist that his statements are not wrong
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
babytoun:

Call to arms ? How ?

Breached social norms ? By calling the Nigerian media to cover the positives of Nigerians living in Ghana since the Ghanian media enjoys only negative reports on Nigerians ?
by insighting the nigerian community against the Ghanaian nation

Breach of public norms by causing fear and panic
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by rampantlover: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
PetroDollaxx:

A very, very foolish man indeed grin he should be jailed as well. Next time you go to another country, you leave if you don’t like the country. Don’t ever bad mouth your host. After all nobody asked you to stay and work in Ghana? What nonsense is that?

Charlie Nigerians are the most stupidddd people I have ever come across. Very primitive people with the brains of a nematode, a bunch of idiotts with foolish pride and ego. They think the whole world hates them because they are God's chosen people. grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by PetroDollaxx: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
I have to agree with you. Most of the problems nigerians are facing in Ghana today are because of Igbos. I don’t know how they were created, but they are something else. They want to drag everything with you. You can come into a country and want to challenge the local people. It’s impossible. When you hear people say they the ones building Ghana, they are likely to be igbos.

Yorubas have lived in Ghana for more than 100 years and we have never had issues with them. But the igbos who came recently are always always looking for trouble with Ghanaians. Fuckeduppedness

jadams:

An incorrigible liar will never change irrespective of his/her level of education.
why lie if you have nothing to hide ?

Igbos are undoubtedly the curse of Nigeria, Africa and the Black Race
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by rampantlover: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
We will continue to teach Nigerians how to live and behave like humans. No wonder Buhari is more interested in the welfare of cattles than Nigerians grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by PetroDollaxx: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
The way they reason is amazing. They claim to be smart, but reading their posts tells me a different story. grin
rampantlover:

Charlie Nigerians are the most stupidddd people I have ever come across. Very primitive people with the brains of a nematode, a bunch of idiotts with foolish pride and ego. They think the whole world hates them because they are God's chosen people. grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. / Oyo Teachers Write Exam Questions On Blackboards To Protest Unpaid Grants / The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post-utme (e-test) Cut-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.