Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) (3241 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited / Bore Hole, Roof Trusses, Steel Tower, Portal Frames Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by ojib(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2019
I need urgent advice please! I dug a new bore hole in my house two weeks ago using the local fabricated machines method (what is common here in IJEBU ode). the water always becomes brownish after hours of pumping after settled with oily surface.

I called the driller, he told me to keep pumping away the water till it becomes clean that its my area formation. I became so worried after 5days of continuous pumping with no much improvement. the driller keep saying it will be clean with time. I am scared.. because I have heard of some people abandoning well because of bad water. I expunged my savings on the well.

I need your advice pls...

Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by Or11: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Looks like oil, keep digging, you might find oil there grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by ojib(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2019
another picture of the water after one week

Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by twinskenny(m): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2019
ojib:
I need urgent advice please! I dug a new bore hole in my house two weeks ago using the local fabricated machines method (what is common here in IJEBU ode). the water always becomes brownish after hours of pumping after settled with oily surface.

I called the driller, he told me to keep pumping away the water till it becomes clean that its my area formation. I became so worried after 5days of continuous pumping with no much improvement. the driller keep saying it will be clean with time. I am scared.. because I have heard of some people abandoning well because of bad water. I expunged my savings on the well.

I need your advice pls...

i dont think they dig to the right water... this look like just surface water
Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by LuciferTasbih: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2019
The rust will take more than a week to clear up, however, the oil will remain permanent.

It simply means there is a leaky NNPC pipe around that area & it has contaminated the entire groundwater in that vicinity.
Check with your next door neighbours if theirs is oily too. If it is, then just resign yourself to patronizing wheelbarrow ab0kis forever.

This is Nigeria.

*spits angry
Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by ojib(m): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
oh... this is serious
Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by Tammynator(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
I can't explain it. But, we have similar thing in Bonny, Rivers State. Once the water is exposed to oxygen, it turns rusty. Obviously because of the too much iron content in it. No matter how deep u dig, u still get that rusty looking water coming out.
A water treatment plant is set up, where the water is treated with chlorine and neftraco( don't know if that's the correct spelling). Before it is good for consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by ojib(m): 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
I m tired indeed
Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by ojib(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
thanks all for your contributions.. iron problem has no solution except setting up a treatment plant or digging a deeper well.. I dug a new well of 10meters deeper than the first one..
and everything is fine..

2 Likes

Re: Help! My New Bore Hole Water Is Dirty (full Of Iron) by daddy001: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
ojib:
thanks all for your contributions.. iron problem has no solution except setting up a treatment plant or digging a deeper well.. I dug a new well of 10meters deeper than the first one..
and everything is fine..
how much did you drill the new borehole and what depth?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Prime Estate Igbesa N600,000 Per Plot Payable In 24 Equal Monthly / In Need Of An Apartment In Lagos For A House Party / What Will It Cost To Deck A 4 Bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.