Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Here Is Why People Pay Exorbitant Fee So Their Kids Can Attend Expensive Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Here Is Why People Pay Exorbitant Fee So Their Kids Can Attend Expensive Schools (493 Views)

UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) / Why Do MOST Nigerian Parents Rush Their Kids Through School? / Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria You Can Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Why People Pay Exorbitant Fee So Their Kids Can Attend Expensive Schools by crackclap: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2019
This is one of the most exciting topics I will write on, just love the untold discovery and the fact about it.

One of my Uncles was complaining about his friend paying ₦80,000 per term for his kid’s Nursery education. No doubt, the tactical term is, cut your coat according to your cloth. I will come to that shortly.

Again, there was another story of a Dad sending his kid to a public Secondary School whilst he was saving more money so his kid could attend a Private University.

The big question is, why, why and why? I mean, it is ridiculous to send a kid to a Nursery School of ₦80,000 or more.

I can hear you say, but their parents are politicians. Nah, not all of them. So, here is the fastest fact.

“That’s why a governor’s daughter would never marry a gateman as we see in movies �… They look for someone on their level, love or not. They need to keep the money in the family. Only thing left for us to do is hustle oh, make we reach their level – Paul, said.

Before we jump into this fully, here is it.

I met a super talented friend via a theological program we attended for 2 weeks (WOFBI). To cut the matter short. We became friends. And as friends, she knew what I was doing (writing and designing WordPress websites).

What happened is that she linked me up to one of her mentors who paid me to work for him. Can you see the collaboration?

What if I had 10 of such friends, maybe from Nursery, Primary, and High School, do you think I would make a 10x profits? Get the idea? If yes, that is one of the reasons a parent will pay ₦100,000 to see through their kid of 5 years per term in a school calendar year.

In Davido’s voice, if you no get money, please hide your face because you are about to be blown away now.

Attend Expensive Schools

Untold Discovery: Why People Pay Exorbitant Fee So Their Kids Can Attend Expensive Schools

When people pay exorbitant fee so their kids can attend expensive schools, it is not just the education they’re paying for.

They’re paying to secure valuable future networking for their kids, to have a seat at the rich’s table. The rich stay rich by networking among themselves.

What the wealthiest folks spend all their time doing is attending dinners, fund-raisers, weddings, birthday parties, golf games etc.

It is in such gatherings that the juiciest deals are struck, wealth is carefully redistributed and old friendships are strengthened. Middle class folks who understand this don’t even flinch paying through the skin to use their kids’ education as a leverage.

Attend Expensive Schools
(Photo: Pinterest)

Not only do they stand a chance to meet folks from the upper class in an informal setting (PTA meetings etc?), they’re also placing your kids on a pedestal. You see, the kids of the wealthiest parents today are very much likely to be the wealthiest tomorrow.

They might not be as rich as their parents (say, Dangote), but they’d control a substantial amount of wealth.

Wealth normally creates more wealth: Wealth = CAPITAL.

So, if, say Billionaires like Isuamfon Offiong, Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga send their kids to Covenant, here’s what happens when a middle class family gets their kids to Covenant:

#1. They have a link to the Otedola/Isuamfon/Dangote/Adenuga family. Say, the kids become friends… Family friends? Boom. Juicy friendship. And do not forget juicy deals and contracts evenly distributed.

#2. They’re ensuring their kids get a ticket to wealthy club of the future, because the future families of Dangote etc. are most likely a control future wealth.

So ensuring your kids “roll with them,” means giving them a seat at tomorrow’s “rich men circle.” Sorry, but this leaves the non-rich ones jealous and hateful why their mother did not marry Dangote. That was a question of a kid that saw hardship in life.

He had no other choice than to sum up the courage to ask her mom IF she did not see a Governor to marry, or those that marry same had different heads, this was a beautiful mom by the way.

So when people pay that huge amount for “education”, there is more to it. Education in itself is quite cheap. But networking is expensive. Networking is Transcorp, Networking is golf, and Networking is covenant Uni. Or any social setting where the Rich thrive.

Secure that future�

Facts Before You Take A Move

We know that not every expensive school offers this sort of valuable networking. But that does not make the fact that the rich kids connect a bluff.

Some schools are just expensive to give off an aura of wealth: they have little/no history, the wealthy don’t patronize them. They just exploit the avarice and ignorance of the Nigerian middle class.

But there are schools, churches, clubs, Hotels, locations that the truly wealthy patronize. Those places have an aura of class (not just luxury.) Those are the sort of places I am talking about.

It is okay to pay yourself into such circle using your kid’s education. It’s an investment.

Facts Before You Kick Against this Topic

In a comment, someone said this,

“It’s actually true except that we don’t know the success rate. Some people will still attend these schools and may not end up with the wealthy”.

Now, I had a course mate, during our Industrial Attachment, IT, his dad linked him up to his friend to get an experience with an ongoing construction site, that was a pure breed on-site experience as a Civil Engineering Student.

What happened? Later on I saw him bought a Wine to that man – his dad’s friend, site engineer (or something), do you think he had already connected the dots or formed a relationship? I bet he did.

At another time, his dad almost got him a good job which meant, he would have been given a Hilux van, but not that he did not complete his 1 year National Youth Service Corp (because of the discharge certificate).

If all these can be possible, then what are we talking about here?

No one says, there is a sure Bet, not again.

Furthermore, but we ain’t praying against it, right? Right.

With certainty, there is no assurance that every kid from a wealthy family will end up rich. But truth is that they’re more likely to end up with substantial amount of wealth compared to a kid from a poor family who’s working hard from scratch.

Or haven’t you heard of the story of Jesus telling a Woman that this is not children’s bread? What did she say in reply? Read about it.

So, there may not be a straight guarantee of these kids being rich but the crumbs that fall from the table will be used to feed them, anytime and if possible.

This leaves the Middle/lower class Kids to work their ass off or get dammed to struggling (unless you are graced up, favored and a child of providence).

But see a complete solution for you if you are from a Middle/lower class home, that is if you would want your kid in highly respected Schools/Relationships.

The Popular Belief That Kids From Wealthy Families Mostly Will End Up Spoilt?

Check the backgrounds of the families of Otedola, Dangote, Alakija, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg etc

They’re all from wealthy families. They are just as brilliant as anyone out there. The whole idea of spoilt rich brats is a Nollywood/Hollywood stereotyped creation.

So as you’re going to your regular school and scoring As, a rich kid is getting similar As in a more conducive environment, networking opportunities and other support systems.

Believe it or not, these kids from rich homes have mostly better IQ, self-confidence, and manner of approach than (most) someone from socially-strained family.

Still in doubt? Well, well, just as Kelvin Odanz (his thread of

this) said, he had a firsthand experience with this.

Attend Expensive Schools
Still adamant or arguing?

You do not need to argue, like me, just about 4 weeks ago, for the first time of my life, I talked on phone for over 1 hour with a Kid ( I mean a kid, 15 or 17) (friend, whatever, we did leave together before her dad built his house and sent her to a private school).

I mean, the brilliance of this girl wowed me, the sudden transformation, I was a little bit flabbergasted or say, why on earth is life unfair?

Well, it may be your dad is just too greedy to spend on you. Sorry, but life hasn’t been and will never be fair. Some persons’ experience though.

And I forgot to add, this girl wrote her first book in her SS2.

MC Oluomo’s Son

The attached is MC Oluomo, son, the best graduating student and the governor of Georgia and wife celebrating the son.

https://crackclap.com/why-people-pay-exorbitant-fee-so-their-kids/

Give you kids the best if you can.

(1) (Reply)

WAEC To Release Result This Week / Advice On Textbooks On Electrical Engineering / Unilag Direct Entry 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.