Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? (1006 Views)

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
I have a driving habit I'm worried about and I feel I should ask people.
For some years now, I have discovered that I can't drive without playing music. It's not like I'm a musician but I love music and listening to music definitely motivates me in everything I do. Back when I was in school, I couldn't read without listening to music and my friends den thought I was crazy but I did well in school so nobody had the chance to blame anything on music.
Now since I bought my first car in 2016 and then my second in 2018, I realised the addiction has grown even more serious.
I always feel like there is something off when I'm driving and music is not playing... Coupled with the fact that hearing the sound of engine is a turn off.
Now I'm worried about it, just last week, I drove for more than 1 hour without noticing that there was a noise coming from the suspensions of my front wheels and it was really uncomfortable to the hear.
Then I've had a few instances where music will prevent me from hearing horns from other vehicles trying to overtake me.
Not that I play loud music.... Damnit, I play loud music when on the highway but not on the streets cuz I hate being noticed.
Question is, what are the likely dangers I'm exposed to by doing this?
Is there a way I can stop this?
And is there a law that says drivers are not allowed to play loud music when driving?
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by Jmk9292(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
Music is not bad except when it hinders you from hearing things happening outside..... Don't play loud
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by RZArecta2(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
Don't worry, when time reach you'll revert. It's not really a problem though as long as it doesn't disturb concentration
Re: What Can I Do To Stop This Driving Habit? by laivwire(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
It’s like you don’t drive lonely roads late at night. You won’t be warned before you mute the radio.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Need To Check Before Buying A Used Car / The New Tesla Pick Up / Few droplets Of Water Dripping Off From My Car Exhaust pipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.