Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic (14878 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 Sedan Timing Belt Cutting Problem / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Guys, I almost sold my Honda Civic because of belt. I have spent close to or over 200k because of belt. Gone to different mechanics.
Most of the times when the belt cuts the adjuster bolt will break inside the engine. I will need to drop the engine then get the service of a blacksmith.

They said buy original belt, I bought. Buy new adjuster I bought. Change your pulleys I did but belt was still cutting.

How I solved the problem.

I met a mechanic who discovered that the belt was wrongly fixed.
He told me to buy Belgium belt size 2160.

Before I have been using size 2130.

I bought the Belgium belt 2160 gave it to him you fixed it in the proper way.

I have been driving for two months now I have not experienced any cutting.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by richeeyo(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Congratulations Sir
I no what a relief this would be for you
Especially in this management season

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2023
richeeyo:
Congratulations Sir
I no what a relief this would be for you
Especially in this management season
I cried
Modified
The first picture shows how the belt was fixed. According to the mechanic, fixing it in this way made all the pressure to rest on the adjuster therefore making the belt to cut.
Each time the belt cuts na to drop engine. And sometimes I will repair it while driving it to my house from the workshop the belt will cut again.

The second picture shows how the belt should be fixed.

Till today 12th January the belt has not cut again.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Angrigowt: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
It might still cut. Just be prepared. Once it eventually cuts. Sell it off ,as scrap final and rest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2023
Sir kingreign thank you for all your help. I have finally overcome the belt cutting wahala

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by richeeyo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
AbelAbdul:
I cried
At least you ended up not selling
I hope
It never got to a point you thought, abi is it spiritual 🤣

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
richeeyo:

At least you ended up not selling
I hope
It never got to a point you thought, abi is it spiritual 🤣
I thought it was spiritual o. At a point when i see people drive my kind of car I will stop them and ask them if the had such experience. Their responses were 'NO'. So I thought it was spiritual.
jbellzz:
Hello @AbelAbdul I am currently experiencing this exact same problem with my Honda civic 2006. I'd try buying the 2160 belt you mentioned. I've also changed adjuster and now on the verge of changing the power steering pump. I am really considering selling the car as this is the most pressing issue I have with it. My number is 09096777544. Pls feel free to reach me on WhatsApp with any other recommendations. I'm really frustrated
Mine is Honda Civic 06.
Check the diagram I uploaded and see the correct way to fix the belt. Also buy Belgium belt not new belt.

I was told by olaboyeh that the problem is perculiar with the Honda Civic 06

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by AbelAbdul: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
olaboyeh I overcame it at last.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by searchng4love: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for sharing
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by jbellzz: 10:28pm On Jan 02
Hello @AbelAbdul I am currently experiencing this exact same problem with my Honda civic 2006. I'd try buying the 2160 belt you mentioned. I've also changed adjuster and now on the verge of changing the power steering pump. I am really considering selling the car as this is the most pressing issue I have with it. My number is 09096777544. Pls feel free to reach me on WhatsApp with any other recommendations. I'm really frustrated

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by searchng4love: 10:35pm On Jan 02
jbellzz:

Don't sell. Get a sincere honda tech that knows his onions. The fuel economy is second to few

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by olaboyeh(m): 4:22am On Jan 03
AbelAbdul:
olaboyeh I overcame it at last.
how lol ..
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by jbellzz: 10:07am On Jan 03
Okay I am in Abuja. Do you have any Honda tech or does anyone in this thread have one. Please share contact, So I can meet up with him.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by searchng4love: 10:20am On Jan 03
jbellzz:
Okay I am in Abuja. Do you have any Honda tech or does anyone in this thread have one. Please share contact, So I can meet up with him.
What you need is a real offline kazeem. Go to zuba call +2348065442022 he's one of the most notable dealers there he can give you someone to handle your matter thoroughly.

Or 08074650143 he's a reliable mechanic at zuba.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by jbellzz: 3:49pm On Jan 03
Thanks much. I'd reach out to both of them.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by searchng4love: 7:06pm On Jan 03
jbellzz:
Thanks much. I'd reach out to both of them.
Kindly keep me informed

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Originalsly: 3:31am On Jan 04
Hmmm .... mechanics that don't know the correct belt nor how to fit the belt correctly... and we wonder why certain cars have certain problems. We need to check online for correctl parts and not depend on the mechanics.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by EngAbba: 7:05am On Jan 11
Pls kindly assist me with the mechanic number
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Writer50: 7:32pm On Jan 12
Contact me to write any of your school assignment (projects, thesis, proposal, PowerPoint, dissertation), plagiarism check etc.
You can check my signature for details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by deavicky(m): 7:36pm On Jan 12
AbelAbdul:
I cried
you cry true! True?. I know say u go dey think say nah ur Village people dey you.
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Port443: 7:37pm On Jan 12
You've been driving for just two months, no rejoice yet grin grin grin the belt fit no gree for you ooo

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Hiytech: 7:37pm On Jan 12
Good
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Godjone(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12
Honda 2wahala too much. From shaft wahala to overheating, to belt etc. I don't like that product at all
Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by uuzba(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12
Today in our office, Nepa gave steady light from 6am .
And our inverter was bad. So we were using direct light.
My heart was cutting...
My head was expanding...
7, 8, 9, 10:00 I was sweating and fearing.
11, 12, 1pm, 2..3...4...
I wanted to collapse..
Finally at 4:30 pm they took light and I could finally relax.
Then we changed over to generator.
Ah. I don't know if this is normal behaviour. Anybody with advice please give.
I nearly got serious fever because Nepa GAVE light. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by Reelmii: 7:39pm On Jan 12
grin..Honda..from leg to belt...that brand needs to upgrade

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by davades(m): 7:40pm On Jan 12
Thank God you don overcome am , tell us what you did that stopped the cutting of the belt. So others that have the same problem can learn

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by stano2(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12
Sharp

1 Like

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12
deavicky:
you cry true! True?. I know say I go dey think say nah ur Village people.
grin grin grin

Very funny

E reach to cry a cry of joy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by BestTrades: 7:42pm On Jan 12

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by okerekingsley90: 7:42pm On Jan 12
Godjone:
Honda 2wahala too much. From shaft wahala to overheating, to belt etc. I don't like that product at all

What car can someone get without issues Belgium used for like 2.1M?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Stop "Belt Cutting" Wahala In My Honda Civic by akinmusi(m): 7:45pm On Jan 12
Sometimes oil soiling the best makes it prone to cutting and unnecessary threading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I got the Pontiac Vibe / What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? / FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.