Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Learning Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning Programming (785 Views)

Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming / Help I"m Loosing Intrest Fast In Learning Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Programming by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hello Everyone

I am a beginner in python (even though I've using the beginners tag for months now) and I am struggling with creating clean codes to run simple tasks.

I met someone who advised me first to learn HOW TO PROGRAM before going into programming language. According to this guy, with learning how to program first, one can adapt to any language easily.

So I want to know from experts here, what logic about programming can you advise?

I need help guys
Re: Learning Programming by Daejoyoung: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
l think what he means is that you first learn Data structures and algorithm or stuff like that, which l believe is important.
On the other hand, the best way to becoming a better programmer in my opinion is by becoming a bad programmer. Try everything, write useless codes as they come to your head, get errors, try debugging the errors, read codes from various sources etc.
Always take a break in between all these, especially when the errors start flying in.
Then try to create simple games and projects, and answer any short tutorial question you can lay your hands on, you execute this step by googling your way through and solving different questions related to that topic of python e.g for functions, start by repeating simple examples from various tutorials and books, while doing this you'll be able to pick out the common theme across these examples(such as return or print), then you move on to more complex stuff.
l learnt Django and in the process html this way. This is my way though.
Practice various questions related to thesame topic for at least 2 hours everyday(before you go to sleep and when you wake up). solve new problems (related to that topic) before you sleep, get some errors, think about debugging them as you shower in the bathroom, and then you go to sleep. When you wake up, go back to those errors(errors are fun) and continue that way. The following week you can move on to a different topic.
After sometime, try coding fun stuff you may like, Probably like a guessing game, snake game, machine learning for predicting weather, etc.
Note..You learn faster when you are interested.
Re: Learning Programming by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
Daejoyoung:
l think what he means is that you first learn Data structures and algorithm or stuff like that, which l believe is important.
On the other hand, the best way to becoming a better programmer in my opinion is by becoming a bad programmer. Try everything, write useless codes as they come to your head, get errors, try debugging the errors, read codes from various sources etc.
Always take a break in between all these, especially when the errors start flying in.
Then try to create simple games and projects, and answer any short tutorial question you can lay your hands on, you execute this step by googling your way through and solving different questions related to that topic of python e.g for functions, start by repeating simple examples from various tutorials and books, while doing this you'll be able to pick out the common theme across these examples(such as return or print), then you move on to more complex stuff.
Practice various questions related to thesame topic for at least 2 hours everyday(before you go to sleep and when you wake up). solve new problems (related to that topic) before you sleep, get some errors, think about debugging them as you shower in the bathroom, and then you go to sleep. When you wake up, go back to those errors(errors are fun) and continue that way. The following week you can move on to a different topic.
After sometime, try coding fun stuff you may like, Probably like a guessing game, snake game, machine learning for predicting weather, etc.

thanks a lot bro
Re: Learning Programming by nigg(m): 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]
Daejoyoung:

Thank you buddy for this tips

(1) (Reply)

Installing Multiple Plugins On Website / Flash Sale For Training In Data Science, AI And Machine Learning!!! / Please I Need A Recent Java Youtube Tutorial Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.