Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Most Nigerians Don't Like Helping Those In Need - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Most Nigerians Don't Like Helping Those In Need (284 Views)

Why Is It That Nigerians Don't Like Paying For Services. / Why Nigerians Don't You Patronize Online Business / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Nigerians Don't Like Helping Those In Need by Spacewalker(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
In Nigeria,it is very difficult to find someone who is willing to help those who desperately need assistance which could be financial or otherwise.

In Nigeria,when u ask someone for financial assistance either online or offline,most times they don't take u serious or they think u are lying.

It is even worse if u beg online,u will get all manner of insults and abuses from some of them..some will even curse u for not looking for work to do and if u tell them that there is no work,they will say u are lazy embarassed

Sometimes its not their fault,its just the way the country is and also their mentality.it is hard to trust someone u don't know before for fear of been a victim of scam, fraud and other potential dangers.

But then,this is not always the case,some people who ask for help actually need it and they are sincere about it.

I remember asking for monetary assistance from a guy on WhatsApp and he shuned me saying how can I be online and am chatting him to help me.I explained to him that having data subscription does not mean that I have money or that am rich.I see the guy as someone who could afford to help me with a little money because in his profile pix,there is a car there and he claimed to own that car,and I see how the guy flaunts stack of cash on a daily basis on his WhatsApp status .I don't understand why he cant help me with even 5k,cos I can imagine how much he spends in a day.Even the car he put as his display pix should not be less than 3.5million if am right and if he truly owns it..He went on to say I was deceiving myself by begging for money just because I had 70mb to enter WhatsApp which is nothing compared to what he will have as monthly subscription.

So I just told him the truth that he his myopic and thinks anybody who needs assistance is lying.I really needed money at that time and he was just talking off point.

I don't blame him though,its just the way his mind works and his mentality just that if everyone was like him then nobody would help anyone at all. undecided
Re: Most Nigerians Don't Like Helping Those In Need by Heylius(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
True bro
Hypocrites

But when dey sees you doing fine.they start acting nice claiming to have helped you.

(1) (Reply)

5 Political Advice Every African Youth Should Know / The Secret Behind The University Of Ilorin Admission (join The Class Today) / Tecno Surprises Everyone With 77,000# In Display Fingerprint Phantom 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.