Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? (1170 Views)

If You Have Any Of These Qualifications,you Are Eligible To Apply For Npower Job / Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? / Showoff Your Qualifications Here, Let Your Employer Find You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
Age...............31
S.S.C.E..........Math. E8
NCE...............Economics/Political Science (Credit)
B.A.(Ed).........History/International Studies (2.1)
My Issues:
1. My course of study is almost irrelevant in this age and place. Where there is any demand for it, connection has to be involved(civil service).
2. I have very little job experience in the formal sector. Most of my experience is in the "street"(I will highlight my skills later)
3. Not having a credit in math, even when I have it in all other subjects, seems like a big issue now.
4. As for teaching as a career, having a degree in History whereas the subject is no longer taught in Nigeria, and having NCE in subjects that cannot be taught in the junior secondary, is another issue.
5. Having skills without the certificates, and experiences that can hardly be recorded on CV.
My Skills:
1. Extensive knowledge of the practical use of the internet.
2. Computer hardware/Software Solution
3. Mobile phones hardware expert.
4. Talented oratory and communication skills.
5. Extensive knowledge of people and cultures.
My Problems:
1. I have spent a lot of time doing very many different kinds of job just to sustain life and learning many things instead of focusing on one.
2. While I can never run out of ideas, money (capital) is a big challenge.
3. Location is a problem. Going out to physically look for job while not neglecting networking is ideal. But when you stay where there are no job opportunities, and everyone too is "searching", and you still have to pay your bills, then there is a big challenge.
Summary:
I have tried a lot of online business, but what I need is something that can give quick result. I can do any kind of job as far as the result is obvious, be it mental, psychological, physical or otherwise.
Conclusion:
With this my qualification, what recommendation(s) can you give me? I'm very open to every positive suggestion.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please Nairalanders, I will appreciate your opinion
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
I created this post in career section many days ago, but I didn't get the needed suggestions that was why I created it again.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by merit455(m): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
Stop downgrading your personality........
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by odutolasodiq(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
Try applying for NGO jobs.

1 Like

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by internationalman(m): 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
When the job is destined to be yours in Nigeria even a deposite slip will get it for you

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by OgaVoltron: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
Forget paper qualifucations.

You seem inclined towards I.T Why not try & learn soft skills in that sector & build yourself up. And there's no fast way brother. I'll advise you to keep tabs on the business section.

3 Likes

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
OgaVoltron:
Forget paper qualifucations.

You seem inclined towards I.T Why not try & learn soft skills in that sector & build yourself up. And there's no fast way brother. I'll advise you to keep tabs on the business section.
Thanks a bunch. I'm learning a soft kill, but the problem is that I need to pay my daily bills... On keeping tab on the business section, I've been doing that. But most businesses I've been interested in didn't work largely because of money. But nonetheless I'll keep searching

1 Like

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
internationalman:
When the job is destined to be yours in Nigeria even a deposite slip will get it for you
Smile! Thanks for making me smile

2 Likes

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
odutolasodiq:
Try applying for NGO jobs.
I've tried that on several occasions but have never been invited for any interview or sort. Do you have any link or a tip on how to go about it?

1 Like

Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by TGM2015: 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
uncleck:
Please Nairalanders, I will appreciate your opinion
Have you try applying for marketing job? That is the most fastest route though very stressful and unreliable. But if you must choose this, accept offer with minimum guaranteed pay, that is, monthly salary plus commission.

The best bet is to start your own business but you mentioned the capital unavailability.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
TGM2015:

Have you try applying for marketing job? That is the most fastest route though very stressful and unreliable. But if you must choose this, accept offer with minimum guaranteed pay, that is, monthly salary plus commission.

The best bet is to start your own business but you mentioned the capital unavailability.
If only I could see such a job?
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by TGM2015: 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
uncleck:
If only I could see such a job?
Good News... FG has directed history to be taught in all primary and secondary schools starting from next session (September 2019). You might need to start looking towards career opportunities in schools.

Age limit for government work is generally 35 years if it has not changed with the New National Youth Policy.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by vheckthor1: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
My case is similar to yours, had a nice degree in Biochemistry but technologically inclined (hardware, software ) , hoping to build a business but currently broke, Actively seeking a job to pay bills and help get 4equired stuff for the soft skills am learning.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by vheckthor1: 11:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
We will all make it at last, just keep up the faith, try applying for any job openings you see.
If you are on "Telegram " search for Job Planet, there use to be a lot of job posting there.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
TGM2015:

Good News... FG has directed history to be taught in all primary and secondary schools starting from next session (September 2019). You might need to start looking towards career opportunities in schools.

Age limit for government work is generally 35 years if it has not changed with the New National Youth Policy.
Yea. I've already started processing my TRCN certificate. But my fear is the shady nature of government recruitment. Two of my friends got fg job this year, one paid N650k while the other paid 1m.
Re: With These Qualifications, Can I Still Get A Job? by uncleck: 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
vheckthor1:
My case is similar to yours, had a nice degree in Biochemistry but technologically inclined (hardware, software ) , hoping to build a business but currently broke, Actively seeking a job to pay bills and help get 4equired stuff for the soft skills am learning.
Paying bills and financing further skills acquisition is the biggest challenge.

(1) (Reply)

Roommate On The Island / Vacancy Vacancy Valid Till 10th Of May 2020 / Massive Recruitment At Brentex Petroleum Nigeria 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.