Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue (25964 Views)

What Was The Biggest Challenge You Overcame This Year? / Which Addiction Would You Love To Leave In 2020? / 4 Tips To Help You Become Free Of Your Every Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Jinad50: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lovexme:
Ashamed to mention what the addiction was?
It doesn't matter. That is his private life.

What is more important is to follow those steps if u are suffering from any addiction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Jinad50: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bbbwings:
Nonsensical write up
What are your battles?
What is your addiction?
Understanding is a privilege reserve for the wise.

If u can't dig, then u need help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Jinad50: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bbbwings:
Nonsensical write up
What are your battles?
What is your addiction?
Understanding is a privilege reserve for the wise.

If u can't dig, then u need help.
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Jinad50: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
marvin906:
can someone tell me what the OP was addicted to am lost
The essence is to tell u how he overcame his addiction, not to tell u the addiction he suffered from.
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by yomi007k(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Aliens undecided
grin

No wonder...
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by mcteddy01: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
tank bro ... it was really informative

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by mosallah(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
Maybe him family Don start there own league, grin
Omo9ja147:
Baba...season done finish..which match una still want fix na... Hunger go kill u ... Idiot, play your 101 percent sure games and win your millions alone...
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by trapQ: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
Anyone can overcome an addiction if they truly strongly desire to put an end to it.

I used to have an addiction, today it is no more. I also know someone who was addicted to taking snuff and couldn't do without it. He has long quit and has not gone back for in about 15 years.
emwye:
At the risk of sounding like a prick:
1. You don’t overcome an addiction, one simple manages it. The age old adage “once an addict, always an addict” rings true.
2. I believe addiction is a disease that needs treatment and there are a few addictions which stopping cold turkey could actually be fatal.
3. Addicts need a very strong support system, it’s easy to slip into depression otherwise
4. Address the real issue that pushed one into it in the first place. Friends e.t.c
5. When you slip, don’t beat yourself up but be thankful you survived it and learn from your mistakes.

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by neonly: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I don't get it though... Experimented smoking but felt foolish. I simply don't see the essence. Sometimes I crave that herb that brings laughter but lucky I can hold myself.

Some of us don't have Dat yur kind of grace to stop or quit totally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by jaxxy(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
U did not even mention what ur addiction was?
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by moshuur(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
trapQ:
You are a fool. Anyone can overcome an addiction if they truly strongly desire to put an end to it.

I used to have an addiction, today it is no more. I also know someone who was addicted to taking snuff and couldn't do without it. He has long quit and has not gone back for in about 15 years.
Sir....u could av corrected him without abusing him.That's his opinion and I think he's entitled to it.He might be wrong/right but he made some very good points

1 Like

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
pautex:
I am not understanding this write up undecided
To are you addicted?
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by tomdon(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lovexme:
Ashamed to mention what the addiction was?

Thank God I didn't waste time reading
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by akposking(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm addicted to falling in love.

Any cure undecided
come this girl, if u ever say u addicted again. I might woop ur a**.
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by meobizy(f): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
A lot of productive and non-productive youths are addicted to betting of all sorts.
God will punish whoever brought that white man's filthy habit to our shores.
I prefer someone being a habitual masturbator to the ever-destructive habitual handicap called betting.
Can one imagine people now remove ten percent or more of their salaries to indulge in Bet9ja?
They are effectively gifting the company the result of their hard earned sweat -- something they could otherwise use to purchase valauables.
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Djbryt: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
interesting
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Myself2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
bro4u:

Lol, trust me you ain't better than me financially

grin angry grin grin
Only poor people talk like this. Chronic broke azz niggahz
I won't get into that argument with you,,,mits the 21st and I'm reviewing my staff payroll,,,I pay them before month end. I'm kinda busy ya see ??
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by abbatoir(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm addicted to falling in love.

Any cure undecided
Please chat me up on...08091110234

Tony by name

Regards
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by abbatoir(m): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
eldav:
Only Jesus can help anyone to truly stop any form of addiction. Any other strategy cannot stand the test of time.
Bravo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by berbs: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
pautex:
I am not understanding this write up undecided
Same here
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by trapQ: 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
His first statement was condescending.
That's why I insulted him. You can go back and read his comment.
moshuur:

Sir....u could av corrected him without abusing him.That's his opinion and I think he's entitled to it.He might be wrong/right but he made some very good points
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Jaymaq(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
People are more interested in what his addiction was so that they could judge him. SMH. Better take the lessons and apply to your own addiction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
abbatoir:

Please chat me up on...

Tony by name

Regards
Kindly gimme one reason why I should
Re: How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue by emwye(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Managing and overcoming are 2 very different terms. An individual predisposed to certain addictions is more likely to slip into said vice even after several years given the right set of circumstances. This is why I used the term manage instead of overcome. An alcoholic has a sponsor in AA for the reason of being accountable for life. I fail to understand why people refuse to debate with respect for each other (referring to previous replies to my initial posts not directed at you). Have great day!
trapQ:
Anyone can overcome an addiction if they truly strongly desire to put an end to it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keke Napep Driver Slammed On The Road For Driving On A Wrong Lane In Lekki (Pix) / What's The Perfect Height For Guys? / Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.