Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! (3677 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ads: Too Harsh?! / I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by omogenaija(f): 2:35am On May 10, 2007
take it day by day and remember that prayer can do it
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by elbeyah(f): 8:32am On May 10, 2007
been reading all your replies, dont know wheter to laugh or cry sad becos:

1.i once thot my mum was strict, later on as i got older i only found out that it was only "an act of love" to prepare me for some harsh realities of life. funny enough, i can say i am a better person becos of this "harshness" from my mum.
2. my mum passed on to higher glory in 2003 and i wish i could freeze some of the moments we had together.belive me i would give anything to hear her voice again, no matter what she is saying.

in summary to those complaining:cherish what you have, its for your own good.but if you think its too much, call her and talk to her with love.afterall shes your mother, the reason why your here and not an unfeeling monster.also both parties should be able to come to a compromise.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by onyekang1(f): 10:21am On May 10, 2007
@ poster , i tink d problem basically is lack of communication and d fact dat she has been thru a lot. you know raising u all without a father.my advise is u all should consider talking 2 her gently with a tone dats got love in it,ask her wat xactly she is going thru,make her feel u all love and appreciate all wat she has done n gone thru 4 u all.and probably take her out sometimes to have fun 2gether,am sure dis would work. wink wink
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by afrikangal(f): 11:07am On May 10, 2007
dude u need to grow up if she is being mean u have to step up to her level. try something out that would make her stop being harsh toward u. ur not daft right, u've got initiative use it n stop wasting ur time sending all this crap infact peoples time replying this nonsence n making them know about ur business or although it might a scam angry man am just fed up angry remove this shitty topic ur above that level. for a sec dnt even think i know u
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by feminefa: 1:21pm On May 10, 2007
I think you just have to be patient. You'll be out of the house soon - you said you guys are now grown up.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by tunneryboy: 9:19pm On May 10, 2007
My dear don't worry be happy for having mother that is caring about you.Never rude to your mother even if she is on the wrong side just be patient in sorting things out with her okay.
Hope when are you marry and have baby,you will know why your mother is behaving like that.Simple as A B C,your mother is doing all these to you out of love.
Take good care of her before it is too late okay
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by donan(m): 1:55am On May 11, 2007
Just pray! i believe dat is d only solution. U know its not easy to struggle to raise children.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by pisces20: 5:40pm On May 11, 2007
@ topic
uuuhhh just try to endure it's part of life and she's doing it cos she loves you.

But if you can no longer endure it then why not disown her. i think that'll be better.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by redsun(m): 2:57am On May 12, 2007
It's more like a concept for parents to be harsh in africa and in almost all cases,they do it for love and like every other thing,it will change with time.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by Seun(m): 12:04pm On May 12, 2007
"She's doing it because she loves you" is bullshit. She's just trying to brighten her miserable life by torturing you.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by anabell(f): 6:03pm On May 12, 2007
my dear, most of us have harsh parents.IT better to have harsh mum than not havin a mum
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by needeeg(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2007
Well, i asume u guys u should take that as natural thing as well, but ur own is really different, hard it been is Grand ma, ehen will say maybe she's old or something like that sha!, but mom u guys should just be praying her natural thing should change tho!
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by sisimose(f): 3:07pm On May 26, 2007
Seun:

"She's doing it because she loves you" is bullshit. She's just trying to brighten her miserable life by torturing you.

what an irresponsible post, very disrespectful seun, do you know her mum to call her life miserable? habba think now!
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by donny1: 4:57pm On May 27, 2007
You need to let her know that you are now getting matured and she should realize that you are now independent.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by omoekun15: 8:18am On May 30, 2007
[i][/i]
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by mazaje(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2007
Some parents are really unbearable am serious if you love your children and respect them you won't shout on them all the time, if you have  respect for your childern you will try to build confidence in them not destroy the little confidence they have, my mum is like that too she is the best mum i know(scarificed all she has for me and what not) but the most hot tempered and most unbearable person i know it got so bad that on day i told her if she continues she will never see me again in her life, she thought i was bantering until she never saw me for two months after that she called me and we talked and i told her my mind, i don't and wont tolerate being shouted upon over nothing, i know its her temperament but how will she feel if i keep on shouting on her all the time? does she see us her kids behave like that to each other? if she respects me she won't shout on me and i swore to her that i won't tolerate it. life is all about harmony and peaceful coexistance even though she is my mum she will never see me again if she continues that way , she cried and told me that she knows for me to take such a drastic action means i have been pushed to the wall that was in 2003 till date she has never shouted on me again am serious once she starts shouting on others and i come around she immediately stops and continues when am gone. some parents are  just too unbearable life is not about providing for your kids and killing them at the same time.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by rowlandwhy: 6:44pm On May 31, 2007
@poster
What is she doing you that makes her look so harsh as such to u?
More explanations can help us advise u, because a little parental correction administered to some girls of nowadays makes them think someone is harsh. while it is just a mere advice or correction.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by hannydarl(f): 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
I think its because of the stress in bringing you guys up.My ma was like that when she had some problems with ma da and she felt like it s because of us kids she had to put up with all the shit and she gets realy mad at us when she feel we did somthing wrong and we are not appreciative of the fact that she is trading her joy to keep us as a family but we had a talk with her and told her she is special and that she shouldnt think we dont notice the trouble she went through for us this reduced the screaming and yelling but she hasnt changed completly i guess it has eaten deep into her. Maybe you guys should talk to her i tell you at first she will feel like its a coup against her by her kids but she will get the message that you guys dont have patience anymore for her grumblings and she will kool down a bit.
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by omogenaija(f): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2007
dupebaby:

@ fuloshola, maybe im a little bit young, but my mum still do the same thing for me, im 17 and my mum picks my cloths, tell me what to do and not 2 do, it might seems harsh but i know she loves u that why, with tyme and patiences u will overcome this, maybe u all should sit your mum down and explain to her, she can;t beat u since u are 2 grown for beating, she might yell but she will still get the message, [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

na wow o , thats tough and rough
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by Saddam: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
@fuloshola
Get a Horse whip & trash ur mum if she shouts on u, Simply No long thing
Re: My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! by finemocha(f): 2:03am On Jun 11, 2009
@folushola

i completely understnad where u are coming from, but u know what sometimes u have to stop and think of ur mom.
try to understand the kind of child hood she had.
the type of parents she had, where they loving or cold and distant.
Imagine her marriage to your father, watchin him with all those wives and probably having to fight for a place for herself and you guys
most importantly try to think of what she gave up for u all as her children. Sometimes mothers give up sooo much for us that its only natural for them to be alittle harsch and demanding.
last but not least, learn to appreciate and deal with her. i mean after all u should be used ot her harshness by now. IT SHOULDN'T SURPRISE YOU AT ALL.
and remember, she will always love you guys no matter what, hence y she is soo demanding on her children

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Father Is Cheating On His Mum, What Should He Do? / Call For An Open And Honest Online Friend. / Mother Gives Birth To Son’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.