Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials (746 Views)

I Was Defrauded By Canada-Based Nigerian, Not His Accomplice — Lawyer / How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by eboigbedavid1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
hello everyone.. about 3 months ago, my mom gave out her ATM card details and pin of two of her first bank account and to fraudsters impersonating Firstbank officials. The two accounts were emptied by the said fraudsters. we went to the police and also to the bank. they blocked d two accounts with the ATM cards also. after the stress and everything, we dropped d case bcus we were spending much money on it unto Nigeria police matter. we went to the bank and we were told to write to a manager of any branch so dey could unfreeze it and we did so.. then we were told to change the ATM card, pin and other stuff wish we did. the bank den told us dat we can go dat everything is safe and we could send money into any of the accounts. On Monday, I went to make a deposit on d account. Today money, my mom called me dat she have been receiving SMS dat I should check it for her. when I did, I found out dat all d money in d account have been transferred from her account.. we went to d closest Firstbank to report and dier reply wasn't encouraging... She didn't give out her new ATM card details and pin. Infact she haven't used d ATM card. The bank told her that her account was safe and everything have been disabled dat she could go and pay money in. How then did anyone emptied the account if it wasn't the bank officials bcus she was given fresh ATM card and dey had new pin.. Is the bank not responsible for this? shouldn't the bank pay her back her money dis time around since d bank system was compromised or d officials didn't carry out dier duties by disabling everything concerning d first one.. Is it not the negligence of the bank that caused d loss?.. please can someone give a solution.. lawyers in the house, can we sue the bank for negligence? my mom is just a wo
man struggling to survive. any idea or information will be useful....

Pls mod, push it to front page

my mom is really down bcus d money is for thrift society
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by overdrive(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
that's first bank for you.my mom lost #250k last two years when her ATM card was compromised and they did nothing till date even when some of the money was transferred to another first bank customer.
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
I taya for dis country
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by Olorunnim: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Early this year those wankers froze My Account because of Bulk transfer of 635k It happed on a Friday and they we're constantly deducting 1k Each day the money was in the account till the Following Monday when I went to complain till date those wankers haven't refunded My 3k
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by temmyt20(m): 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
if withdraw was authorized using her atm and pin, the bank wil never accept been liable
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by eboigbedavid1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
overdrive:
that's first bank for you.my mom lost #250k last two years when her ATM card was compromised and they did nothing till date even when some of the money was transferred to another first bank customer.

so sorry.... This happened bcus d banker dat was suppose to disable d previous ATM card didn't do it due to negligence... d compromise came from Dem... when we go to d bank on Monday, it's either d bank kills her or dey find solution
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by eboigbedavid1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
temmyt20:
if withdraw was authorized using her atm and pin, the bank wil never accept been liable

nope... she changed her ATM card and the pin.. the banker dat was supposed to disable d previous ATM card didn't do even after she was issued another card
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by dominique(f): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
Sorry about the loss

I think the compromised ATM card is still active and the fraudsters that wiped her account are still transacting with it.
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by overdrive(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
eboigbedavid1:

so sorry.... This happened bcus d banker dat was suppose to disable d previous ATM card didn't do it due to negligence... d compromise came from Dem... when we go to d bank on Monday, it's either d bank kills her or dey find solution

Same thing happened to her also.she started getting alerts and rushed to the bank to block the card,she was assured that the card had been blocked but on getting home she received two extra alerts bringing the total to #250k.
She went back to the bank and was told to get a police report which she did.
Till date nothing came out of it.
Fear First Bank.
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by eboigbedavid1(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
dominique:
Sorry about the loss

I think the compromised ATM card is still active and the fraudsters that wiped her account are still transacting with it.

but the bank told us dat d ATM card have been deactivated, dat we can make deposit
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by Hoodbilonia: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Simple
No need to shout
Buy a pack of benson.
Buy a backpack
Buy 5litres jerrycan
Load it with pms and put inside backpack
Make sure u dress neat on that day
Enter bank,greet everyone.if bank has upstairs .pls walk up stairs. Light up the baaz,den tell them your name. If they dont answer u guys . Hug the backpack with the benson in your hand
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by capitalzero: 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
eboigbedavid1:
hello everyone.. about 3 months ago, my mom gave out her ATM card details and pin of two of her first bank account and to fraudsters impersonating Firstbank officials. The two accounts were emptied by the said fraudsters. we went to the police and also to the bank. they blocked d two accounts with the ATM cards also. after the stress and everything, we dropped d case bcus we were spending much money on it unto Nigeria police matter. we went to the bank and we were told to write to a manager of any branch so dey could unfreeze it and we did so.. then we were told to change the ATM card, pin and other stuff wish we did. the bank den told us dat we can go dat everything is safe and we could send money into any of the accounts. On Monday, I went to make a deposit on d account. Today money, my mom called me dat she have been receiving SMS dat I should check it for her. when I did, I found out dat all d money in d account have been transferred from her account.. we went to d closest Firstbank to report and dier reply wasn't encouraging... She didn't give out her new ATM card details and pin. Infact she haven't used d ATM card. The bank told her that her account was safe and everything have been disabled dat she could go and pay money in. How then did anyone emptied the account if it wasn't the bank officials bcus she was given fresh ATM card and dey had new pin.. Is the bank not responsible for this? shouldn't the bank pay her back her money dis time around since d bank system was compromised or d officials didn't carry out dier duties by disabling everything concerning d first one.. Is it not the negligence of the bank that caused d loss?.. please can someone give a solution.. lawyers in the house, can we sue the bank for negligence? my mom is just a wo
man struggling to survive. any idea or information will be useful....

Pls mod, push it to front page

my mom is really down bcus d money is for thrift society
requesting for new card automatically reactivated card services and since
new atm card has not been activated and default pin changed, those criminals 're still using the atm.
My advice
1.Money is probably gone
2.Asked your mom not to use atm. she should do over the counter withdrawal
3. Write petition to first bank and copy cbn and efcc. just try,hope for nothing.
cpd@cbn.gov.ng.
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by jcross19: 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
eboigbedavid1:

nope... she changed her ATM card and the pin.. the banker dat was supposed to disable d previous ATM card didn't do even after she was issued another card
this is what they did , her account details was cloned immediately they changed the ATM card and the pin it reported their scams mail through it they siphon the money.
Re: My Mom Was Defrauded By Bank Offiicials by arithcom(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
eboigbedavid1:

From my experience, it was not possible to issue another card on same account without disabled the old card. Is either the fraudsters used mums biodata, date of birth, bvn, mobile bank ID etc to hack into the account of the new card or the bank staff is directly involved.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Guy Still Alive / Fraud: Actor Femi Ogedengbe Reacts To Lavish Videos Of Two Arrested By FBI / "Fulani Herdsmen Killed 5 Policemen In Benue State, Vehicles Burnt- Ex-minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.