Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) (24552 Views)

Victims Of The Bandit Attacks In Katsina (photos) / Man Killed By Vigilante In Delta Secretly Buried (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 50 In Donada And Kaltibu In Taraba (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by GistMore5: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
GistMore.com

There was wailing on Friday afternoon in Janibanibu village in Taraba State as the Catholic Church held funeral service for nine victims of the recent attacks on Janibanibu and Kasuan Bera communities by suspected herdsmen.

In his sermon during the service, Rev. Fr. Batare Eugene encouraged the people to forgive one another and return to God who alone he said could give and take life.

Batare said the grief following the attacks on Kona communities called for sober reflection and urged the people to unite against the common enemy trying to decimate them.

“I enjoin you to make peace with one another and trust God who alone can deliver us from the hands of the enemy.”

Fr. Cyriacus Kamai, the Parish Priest of St. John the Baptist Pastoral Area, Janibanibu, in his remarks condemned the blockage of the Jalingo – ATC – Wukari Road by irate youths during the crisis which led to the attack on innocent people.

Kamai who read the message of Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama and Bishop Charles Hammawa of Jalingo Diocese condemned the action of the youths. They called for calm and understanding.

“The Archbishop Kaigama and Bishop Hammawa all condemned the needless violence and burning of mosques by irate youths in protest over attacks on Kona communities.

“The two religious leaders urged parents and stakeholders to call the youths to order. The crisis is not a religious crisis and the state cannot afford to go into a religious crisis.

“Those attacking the communities are not in the town and we must avoid the temptation of attacking people inside the town to paint an impression of a religious crisis,” he said.

Our correspondent reports that five people were buried on Tuesday while four were buried on Friday in a mass grave in Janibanibu village.

It would be recalled that there were attacks on Janibanibu and Kasuan Bera communities on Sunday and Monday forcing people to flee the areas into the city centre in Jalingo.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/tears-as-victims-of-kona-attacks-in-taraba-are-buried

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by GistMore5: 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Jmk9292(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Could this be the last tears and burial in that area?
Federal government should answer....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
Observe the person in the Nigerian jersey, this is how we all feel at the burial of someone, that feeling of vast emptiness of life, observing and thinking of all the vanity we're surrounded with, at the end its all for nothing.
Learn to enjoy every day of your life, flex yourself and remember to save for your kids, NEVER make them go through what you went through.
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

32 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
May their soul rest in peace. Amen!!
These are people's loved ones, dying deaths that could have been avoided if we really had human beings governing this country....
The big question remains " Do we really have a human being or a remote controlled he goat as a president or is there really a hidden agenda of this govt as being purported by some people?
Watching people die on daily basis yet nothing has been done and still went ahead to extend the tenure of the incompetent service chiefs is the height of insensitivity.
I have always believe that things will get better one day in this country but the idiotic bastards governing keep proving me wrong.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bad news everyday. Is Nigeria a safe place to raise a Family? I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by bokohaman: 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Victims of a failed country...R.I.P

7 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by omocalabar(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
I knew they were christians....I really feel bad for Christians in the north

10 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by davillian(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
They should just allow everybody to own guns.
We would protect ourselves better.
If someone is coming to rub you and they know you have guns they will think twice.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by starbuck(f): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Whom did I offend that made God throw me into this country
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Melison(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
God please help us for we can no longer help ourselves

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Donchukz(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dear Lord,heal our land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Onlinealaba(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Is a pity they av to continue facing this and the common enemy unprovoked. Well Nigeria is not fit to b called a country so many abnormalities has become normal

Check my signature/website, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
What a country.
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
And their only offense is? ...... Just because they are Christians....

Buhari, his family, his generation, fulani race and all their supporters will surely get theirs in the end.

4 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Kingosytex(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
the blood-thirsty illiterate idiots that perpetrated the crime are rejoicing while the victims are crying, weeping and gnashing their teeth.

THEY SHOULD TAKE HEART!!!
lugard u made a very big mistake..

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Rich4god(m): 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
When can we have peace in this country. Every part seems to be in crisis.
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Perufy(m): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
So my commandant cool cool cool once told me a story,a king's son broke his leg ; shocked shocked,the tortoise then ran to the other animals and informed them grin grin grin,but no one cared to pay attention, cry cry cry cry..the tortoise then told them they would soon realise angry angry angry...so the king asked the servants to kill a ram for sacrifice and also a chicken grin grin grin grin for the son so as to enable the healing process...the tortoise then reminded them of how he came to inform them,but dy didn't listen.when the son's leg was healed,the king asked them to kill a cow grin grin grin grin grin so as to celebrate the healing...that was when the animals wished they listened to the tortoise... grin grin ;Dwell that is the case of Nigeria...everybody is forming nothing heard...but if nothing is done,it will reach us all someday..... cry cry cry cry cryremember the future of our children...[color=#990000][/color]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Buhari is happy

Children of hate from the waste are happy

Christians continue to be endangered species in the land

Next level things

Fulanization on point

Sai barber

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by vanjos: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
omocalabar:
Honestly!
To think that the governor is a Christian is disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by AnanseK(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
omocalabar:

Yes they Christians , actually killed by fellow Christians. The two warring tribes are both Christian.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by obembet(f): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
When people died in north, their politician earn more money.. That's why u can never see them Complain or find solution to this...
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
AnanseK:

Yes they Christians , actually killed by fellow Christians. The two warring tribes are both Christian.

Shut Up
Massacred by Fulani herdsmen

Supporters of Evil and terror will not make heaven

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by kaen1317: 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
When the Igbos and Nnamdi Kanu, who by the way is the only true prophet, were talking the whole country were making jest of them. Now u see. Good morning. May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by AMI3(m): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
why is the presido not saying anything about these?
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by ud4u: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria my country, I weep for you cry cry cry
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by gurunlocker: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
The Fulani terrorists carrying out these attacks are invisible, that's why the security agencies are yet to arrest a single soul...

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by Amulla(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
the family will mourn more than anyone but nothing bring dead to life... RIP
Re: Victims Of Kona Attacks In Taraba Buried (photo) by klever18(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yael Eckstein

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Men Arraigned For Gang-Raping A Teenager In Lagos / CCTV Footage Humbles A Milo Thief, After A Fight During Interrogation / 14 People Killed In Ali-Agudu, Benue By Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.