Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,989 members, 7,838,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Marry Within Your Class. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry Within Your Class. (5618 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
funmisticqueen:
You were making sense until you said women should cut their cloth according to their size, forgetting that women are hypergamous in nature and will always want to marry men that are better than their fathers. please ladies,go for men above your class.

Okay great, please just accept the term GOLD digger or Miner cheesy whenever It comes along, don't argue. Just accept.

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by egojeny1(f): 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
I don't get this...ok, what of men that marry from the villages(men that go the village and pick small girls as their wives), does it mean they don't know what they're doing? What will u say in the case of Ned Nwoko and Regina? Is Regina from Ned Nwoko's class?

It think the whole thing boils down to different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
egojeny1:
I don't get this...ok, what of men that marry from the villages(men that go the village and pick small girls as their wives), does it mean they don't know what they're doing? What will u say in the case of Ned Nwoko and Regina? Is Regina from Ned Nwoko's class?

It think the whole thing boils down to different strokes for different folks.
was Regina a classless girl without value before Ned met her?
Before Regina,no one knew who Ned was.do you know how much it will cost Ned to get the kind of publicity Regina gave him?
So my dear,it wasn't a valueless exchange!
We are talking of poor,gutter dwelling girls that feel like they can marry up just because they have a salty cavity between their legs.

13 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
Yes! Most Nigerians believe that social class is restricted to money. That is a lie. Class is your family background. Your background determines your mindset. The environment you grew up in, the schools you attended, the caliber of people you socialize with and the way you talk. That's why there's a difference between old money and new money. Anyone could have money. Yahoo boys and drug dealers are seen as rich but can they interact with high society? Impossible. Their poor background and dubious characteristics could easily be sniffed out by those who made their money legitimately/grew up in affluence.

The mannerisms of someone from the upper class/upper middle class is very different from someone who comes from a poor background. People from affluent backgrounds do not make noise the way these new money guys do. Compare the behavior of dj cuppy, the Indimi girls, Ibru girls and other women from rich homes compared to the likes of Tonto Dikeh, Toke Mackinwa, Linda Ikeji or Regina Daniels. The latter grew up from working class backgrounds which they haven't been able to shake off. The latter feel the need to show that they have "arrived". sad .

A lot of Nigerian men believe that once they have money even rich girls will submit to them which is not completely true as a rich girl doesn't know what it's like to suffer and would see their brash display of wealth as a symton of poverty of the mind. The same way a rich guy look down on poor girls and don't respect them if their parents are nobodies.
desvi:
the social class is closely linked to aspects such as language, manners, lifestyle and values
it's not only about money
so yes, marrying someone with a similar background may have many advantages and enhance compatibility
who wants to teach their significant other how to behave and how to talk?
on the other hand, some people's posh behavior may come off as awkward or even arrogant in some circles

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Do you honestly think that social class is restricted to men cheesy? You don't agree with my final statement because it doesn't suit your narrative of what class is. Class is about background. The only reason why men marry women that earn less or are of a lower class than them is so they they can feel in control of their family life. Nothing more. Have you ever seen the son of a prominent Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri family marry a poor girl? Never. They have a strict class structure that ensures that the wealth remains circulated amongst themselves. Do you know that Indians practice a caste system and the son from a prominent Indian family will not be caught dead with a poor girl?

Rich men who are either self made or from wealthy homes only marry women who they feel will add to their life not subtract from it. In fact, rich boys are the worst and have little respect for the poor. Look at Agbani Darego. Do you think that Danjuma's son would have married her if she didn't upgrade herself sad? As for ladies going for men above their class, if a woman is at the upper crust of society who else will she go for if not her class How many people are at the extreme upper end of society? Don't just type sweetheart, think as well.
funmisticqueen:
You were making sense until you said women should cut their cloth according to their size, forgetting that women are hypergamous in nature and will always want to marry men that are better than their fathers. please ladies,go for men above your class.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by castro316: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Men. Marry women that fit or support your purpose in life whether she is rich or poor. This union won't notice social strata

If you are a farmer marry someone who considers farming as a good practice

If you are a philanthropist marry someone who supports it

If you are a natural leader marry someone who likes being led

If you are evil marry someone who celebrates evil.

That way you all can live happily ever after

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by baby124: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
castro316:
Men. Marry women that fit or support your purpose in life whether she is rich or poor. This union won't notice social strata

If you are a farmer marry someone who considers farming as a good practice

If you are a philanthropist marry someone who supports it

If you are a natural leader marry someone who likes being led

If you are evil marry someone who celebrates evil.

That way you all can live happily ever after
Lol, I like this. Especially the evil part.

The truth is we get married for our selfish desires... so we will get married for one reason or the other. Money, love, beauty, children, opportunity... whatever. Just make sure you will be happy with your choice if the condition for marriage change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by pocohantas(f): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:
Do you honestly think that social class is restricted to men cheesy? You don't agree with my final statement because it doesn't suit your narrative of what class is. Class is about background. The only reason why men marry women that earn less or are of a lower class than them is so they they can feel in control of their family life. Nothing more. Have you ever seen the son of a prominent Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri family marry a poor girl? Never. They have a strict class structure that ensures that the wealth remains circulated amongst themselves. Do you know that Indians practice a caste system and the son from a prominent Indian family will not be caught dead with a poor girl?

Rich men who are either self made or from wealthy homes only marry women who they feel will add to their life not subtract from it. In fact, rich boys are the worst and have little respect for the poor. Look at Agbani Darego. Do you think that Danjuma's son would have married her if she didn't upgrade herself sad? As for ladies going for men above their class, if a woman is at the upper crust of society who else will she go for if not her class How many people are at the extreme upper end of society? Don't just type sweetheart, think as well.

Touche!!!
99% for ego.
1% for altruism.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:

You mean Caroline danjuma. And the moment she divorced her husband she reverted to type. Who was that late thug life ex bf she had?
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by egojeny1(f): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
ornicus:

You mean Caroline danjuma. And the moment she divorced her husband she reverted to type. Who was that late thug life ex bf she had?
Another Danjuma's son married Agbani Darego

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by LordKO(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
pocohantas:

Touche!!!
99% for ego.
1% for altruism.

Queen, you have taken bribe. Obviously you didn't award us this poor mark in good conscience.
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
egojeny1:

Another Danjuma's son married Agbani Darego

dayum!

oil money good ooo.

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by desvi: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:
Yes! Most Nigerians believe that social class is restricted to money. That is a lie. Class is your family background. Your background determines your mindset. The environment you grew up in, the schools you attended, the caliber of people you socialize with and the way you talk. That's why there's a difference between old money and new money. Anyone could have money. Yahoo boys and drug dealers are seen as rich but can they interact with high society? Impossible. Their poor background and dubious characteristics could easily be sniffed out by those who made their money legitimately/grew up in affluence.

The mannerisms of someone from the upper class/upper middle class is very different from someone who comes from a poor background. People from affluent backgrounds do not make noise the way these new money guys do. Compare the behavior of dj cuppy, the Indimi girls, Ibru girls and other women from rich homes compared to the likes of Tonto Dikeh, Toke Mackinwa, Linda Ikeji or Regina Daniels. The latter grew up from working class backgrounds which they haven't been able to shake off. The latter feel the need to show that they have "arrived". sad .

A lot of Nigerian men believe that once they have money even rich girls will submit to them which is not completely true as a rich girl doesn't know what it's like to suffer and would see their brash display of wealth as a symton of poverty of the mind. The same way a rich guy look down on poor girls and don't respect them if their parents are nobodies.

good analysis
like the distinction between old/new money wink

4 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by pocohantas(f): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
LordKO:

Queen, you have taken bribe. Obviously you didn't award us this poor mark in good conscience.

Lol, you of all people should know this.

If we check out most of the things they do for their women, you won't see any practicality or sense in it. It only makes them feel like a man, the man in her life.

I have met very few altruistic people. I do not even think they are so many in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by ThothHermes: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Shut up.

Gold digger. Marry within your class.

You don't want to marry people like your father and brothers.

Hypergamous kee you there angry

11 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
It was Danjuma's younger brother that married Caroline. Dude didn't have respect for her hence why he could sleep with different women and treat her like poo. After all,what was she going to do? He knew that she married him because of his brother's wealth and name. She wasn't even smart enough to use his connections to set up a business for herself /expand her brand while married. This is what i'm trying to tell Funmiqueen and her ilk. A rich baller will not respect you if you are not on their level and have nothing to offer besides your beauty.
ornicus:

9 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by elektra(f): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
funmisticqueen:

It is mindsets like this that makes the feminist movement look like a joke in Nigeria. Men are not your personal poverty alleviation scheme and should not be seen as your ticket to switching social class.
Having said that, men often marry below their class so they can exert full control over their wives. If a woman does not have a problem with that kind of arrangement then follow the above advice.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:
Do you honestly think that social class is restricted to men cheesy? You don't agree with my final statement because it doesn't suit your narrative of what class is. Class is about background.

BRO! You just earned a follower, I've had a hard time distinguishing what Class is for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
elektra:

It is mindsets like this that makes the feminist movement look like a joke in Nigeria. Men are not your personal poverty alleviation scheme and should not be seen as your ticket to switching social class.
Having said that, men often marry below their class so they can have exert full control over their wives. If a woman does not have a problem with that kind of arrange then follow the above advice.

Ah Don't let Safiaa hear you oh, She will tear you like a Dragon! Let me run before they come for me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
pocohantas:

If we check out most of the things they do for their women, you won't see any practicality or sense in it. It only makes them feel like a man, the man in her life.

Give us examples please.
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by desvi: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
glad to see so many men here expecting ladies to be their best selves
and not ready to pay for "love"
we are making progress

10 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
kennygee:

This is so true. My best post on NL in the last 5 years.

I was gonna commend him as well, especially the last part. My ex and her mum thought I was arrogant and rude because I wouldn't drink the water that they drink, even though they are well off !

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
A goat is more reasonable than you
emmaodet:

Funny how people thinks a man marrying down is easy also. The only difference is that men are more reasonable than most women. The are better managers when it comes to spouse picking.
Every excuses a woman sees in picking a man down are still the same excuses men will see and overlook.
Like been insecure and regularly checking his phone, liability, bringing the woman up by tushing her up despite the fact that there is a 50% chance the woman will cheat or leave him if things go south.
But when it is a ladies turn, all she will see are the negative side of the man - how he will be cheating, insecured, blah blah blah blah
Tbh women don't know what is called love, what they called love is money first, then love will come

3 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by emmaodet: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
cococandy:
A goat is more reasonable than you

This is kinda harsh. Just spoke my mind without attacking anybody.
Am kind of a bit disappointed sha

6 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by cococandy(f): 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Oh you didn’t attack anyone? Wow

Is that how disconnected from reality most of you sexist prigs are? You let loose a mass insult to every woman reading your post about how we are less reasonable than men and to you it’s nothing. Just normal stuff. It doesn’t mean anything because that’s a normal every day kind of thing that most people say. Right?

I turn the table on you and you’re what? disappointed and hurt? Well I’ll be damned.

emmaodet:

This is kinda harsh. Just spoke my mind without attacking anybody.
Am kind of a bit disappointed sha

8 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by emmaodet: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
cococandy:
Oh you didn’t attack anyone? Wow

Is that how disconnected from reality most of you sexist prigs are? You let loose a mass insult to every woman reading your post about how we are less reasonable than men and to you it’s nothing. Just normal stuff. It doesn’t mean anything because that’s a normal every day kind of thing that most people say. Right?

I turn the table on you and you’re what? disappointed and hurt? Well I’ll be damned.

Okay am sorry if my statements were rude and harsh.
That was not my intention.
But tbh, have had my own fair share of ladies palava.

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
Peace
emmaodet:

Okay am sorry if my statements were rude and harsh.
That was not my intention.
But tbh, have had my own fair share of ladies palava.

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
elektra:

Having said that, men often marry below their class so they can exert full control over their wives. If a woman does not have a problem with that kind of arrangement then follow the above advice.
please who has your feminist movement helped? i denounced it years ago.

to all those men out there who don't know better,not every woman who went to school and types a statement you don't agree with is considered a feminist.

6 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
ThothHermes:
Shut up.

Gold digger. Marry within your class.

You don't want to marry people like your father and brothers.

Hypergamous kee you there angry
Funny enough, any girl will be lucky to marry someone in the same social class as my father, he isn't broke like y'all. You wouldn't understand hypergamy until you get daughters of your own

4 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:
It was Danjuma's younger brother that married Caroline. Dude didn't have respect for her hence why he could sleep with different women and treat her like poo. After all,what was she going to do? He knew that she married him because of his brother's wealth and name. She wasn't even smart enough to use his connections to set up a business for herself /expand her brand while married. This is what i'm trying to tell Funmiqueen and her ilk. A rich baller will not respect you if you are not on their level and have nothing to offer besides your beauty.
who said that beauty is the only thing a woman needs. To play this game you gotta be smart

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by ThothHermes: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Funny enough, any girl will be lucky to marry someone in the same social class as my father, he isn't broke like y'all. You wouldn't understand hypergamy until you get daughters of your own
But you don't want to be lucky like that girl undecided

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
gforce5:

i never implied that a girl should sit still and look pretty, agbani darego still married someone above her class

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice Needed With Christmas And New Year Food. / Marriage Vows: A Traditional Or Religious Thing? / Say Something To Your Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.