Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,353 members, 7,853,554 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Marry Within Your Class. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry Within Your Class. (5653 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Wizywiz(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2019
Acidosis:
You have a point, but class as you have defined it is not limited to finance. Class could also mean culture, religion, moral beliefs, family values, and education.

A feminist should not marry a cultural or traditional partner.
An atheist should not marry a religious person.
A polygamous person should not marry a monogamous partner. Oga u and ur babe esthered the accountant who get money pass? shocked

The above is what it means to marry within your class. Wealth may not change a person's religious or cultural beliefs. We have seen wives of Governors, Presidents, Vice Presidents, MOGs, Prime Ministers, Lawmakers, go on their knees to greet their partners/elders. Yet, a broke and frustrated nonentity who is grossly misinformed about feminism will find that gesture offensive.

Not everyone losses their senses, religion or culture for a few millions.
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2019
Logobenz:
lol at intimidated.
How I go dey intimidated when I get money pass you? undecided
stop trying too hard
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2019
funmisticqueen:
stop trying too hard
anything you say fatty wink
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2019
I agree with what you said. I corrected myself to redefine what the[b] real[/b] meaning of class is. Finance is just one aspect. Anybody can be rich but your background is what sets you apart from the rest. Those people you have mentioned belonged to an older generation of men and women who, regardless of wealth and class, were very traditional. They grew up in very conservative times.

This thread is for young people below the age of 40 who plan to marry. The "millennials" as they are called. I am part of it. They grew up in a different time where the world is far more liberal and connected than ever before. Our generation is more materialist than ever before. All I am saying is that due to the ever widening gap between the rich and poor in this country, many see marriage as a means to escape poverty which is not right. The lack of job opportunities for young people does not help matters. You should marry someone because you are compatible with each other. You can deny it however you want but a gulf in background has destroyed a lot of marriages. "Love" sadly wasn't enough.
Acidosis:
You have a point, but class as you have defined it is not limited to finance. Class could also mean culture, religion, moral beliefs, family values, and education.

A polygamous person should not marry a monogamous partner.

The above is what it means to marry within your class. Wealth may not change a person's religious or cultural beliefs. We have seen wives of Governors, Presidents, Vice Presidents, MOGs, Prime Ministers, Lawmakers, go on their knees to greet their partners/elders. Yet, a broke and frustrated nonentity who is grossly misinformed about feminism will find that gesture offensive.

5 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Acidosis:

Acidosis will always remain the same . Smh

You want women to submit by fire by force

3 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
princeking2:
May the gods respect you, "Your Senselecy".
grin the gods kwa? Thanks all the same
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Acidosis(m): 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
Elder0001:

Acidosis will always remain the same . Smh

You want women to submit by fire by force
No, I want women to love their men genuinely. When you love, you submit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Raalsalghul: 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
Acidosis:

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Raalsalghul: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
elektra:

It is mindsets like this that makes the feminist movement look like a joke in Nigeria. Men are not your personal poverty alleviation scheme and should not be seen as your ticket to switching social class.
Having said that, men often marry below their class so they can exert full control over their wives. If a woman does not have a problem with that kind of arrangement then follow the above advice.
In her defense though, she doesn't identify as a feminist.
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Esthered: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
[quote author=Wizywiz post=79590715][/quote]
Bro, what's your own with our online affairs?
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
generationz:

In other words cheesy you meant to say you are not like them abi?

Then why is there an increasing rate of rich married men cheating with and younger sugar babies if my assertion only covers the internet?

It's not an increase, Married Men have always been cheating. The media is only exposing it to you & you think this is new, Our fathers in the past were even more useless than this & they wielded uncontrollable power that they could even bring other women into the house while their Wives are there. Ask your Uncles Wives what they went through in secret, they will tell you. Emphasis on in-secret.

Now Men fear & trying to hide the tracks as Women are speaking up, a Man who has tendencies to cheat will do so when poor or rich, difference is Women love money, as long as there is money, damn the consequences of dating Married man. More money more Women.
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Acidosis:

No, I want women to love their men genuinely. When you love, you submit.

Since African men don’t submit do you mean to say they don’t love their wives?

2 Likes

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:43am On Jun 24, 2019
generationz:

Naaaa He desrespected her because that's who he is . She wasn't his first wife and won't be his last .

Dude is a known chronic womanizer

Please , let's stop looking to blame women everytime the man cheats . we all have mothers and sisters too.

Bill Clinton married within his class and cheated .
Same as JohnF. Kennedy

Arnold swacheneggar
Robin thicke etc

Jay-Z!
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by generationz(f): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Jay-Z!

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Well, like i said, if a woman is at the upper crust of society she cannot do better than her class. In fact, some of them have no other option but to look for men at a lower level e.g. Oprah, Madonna, Alakija, etc. Agbani was able to marry above her class because as a former Miss World a lot of men desired her regardless of race or religion. (B) She has her own money and can afford to buy her own house. A woman at the bottom of society also cannot do better than her class except for luck and grace. Class is more about background than money. You cannot come from a poor background even as a woman and expect a guy from a privileged background to respect you.
funmisticqueen:
i never implied that a girl should sit still and look pretty, agbani darego still married someone above her class

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Within Your Class. by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 26, 2019
gforce5:
Well, like i said, if a woman is at the upper crust of society she cannot do better than her class. In fact, some of them have no other option but to look for men at a lower level e.g. Oprah, Madonna, Alakija, etc. Agbani was able to marry above her class because as a former Miss World a lot of men desired her regardless of race or religion. (B) She has her own money and can afford to buy her own house. A woman at the bottom of society also cannot do better than her class except for luck and grace. Class is more about background than money. You cannot come from a poor background even as a woman and expect a guy from a privileged background to respect you.
yinmu, i wont reveal secrets here anyways
Re: Marry Within Your Class. by gforce5: 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Reveal it na. Your train of thought is the reason why Nigerian girls are seen as being very materialistic abroad. It's so bad that many of them are running to Naija to find a husband because very few guys can deal with such a rigid mindset. Women of other nationalities are not saints but they don't have this parasite mentality you guys have. Change your mindset.
funmisticqueen:
yinmu, i wont reveal secrets here anyways

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Living With A Cheating Husband / What Is The Right Age For A Child To Start School? / How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.