Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials (23976 Views)

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by LagBlogger(m): 5:59am On Jun 22, 2019
Get them arrested and evict the fools asap.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 22, 2019
First of all, look for a Buzu guard and read the riot act to him. Get court papers and evict them. God has blessed you: you can replace the items they removed. Obviously, your inherited tenants are not only wicked, they are in the strong grip of poverty, so don't make them suffer any more than eviction.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Mania04(m): 6:05am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

By the time they come out, they would learn 3 things.
1. The importance of freedom, sunlight and free air.
2. The importance of honesty and honest labour.
3. The fear of God..

Badt guy grin
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Guest911: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.
That’s bad , please which location is that on the mainland?
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by mankettle(m): 6:31am On Jun 22, 2019
this is wrong this is why one needs a lawyer when buying a property as issues like vacant possession will be discussed addressed and sorted. for me I would say until I get vacant possession of a premises before I can say I have bought or I fully pay for it. for instance if the tenants drag case for 3 or 4 years nko? I have had such horrible experiences.
now to the main issue. get concrete proof that it is the tenants that are stealing the property. if the agent can confirm they are the ones and is willing to swear in court to that fact. I will advise you arrest both of them immediately. you might not get the stolen items but you will definitely get vacant possession before month end.

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Born2Breed(f): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

3. The fear of God..

@Op (walexpal)The best advice

Chai!!! See too much sense.

Your name must be Solomon.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by pweedie(f): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2019
You said you gave them the grace of two months to move out. Can't you ungrace it? They had a year to move out which they didnt. What's giving you the assurance they are ready to leave sef after the two months. Abeg go to police station that's is nearby give them small change and they would pack all of them out or better still if you have military men at your disposal. Forget about been saying you are wicked or self centered. It's your house not theirs.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Noah2gud(m): 6:57am On Jun 22, 2019
History!
History!!
History!!!
Things that will Shock you About Formal Libya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHJjUE2ajs
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Quorax: 6:58am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.

People who use sentiment to view issues will die before their time. You are asking what to do cos u are being sentimental when you should kick them out even before coming here.

Na why I like myself be that. Even my own blood will not be spared.

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by kingjahjah(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2019
grayht:
Your house no get olode ni?
Buhari sef!
smile.....may God forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2019
Thank you for this generous advice, I am most grateful. I am already writing the petition and will get an Aboki to safeguard the property going forward.

MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by kazhk: 7:13am On Jun 22, 2019
Thank you. Sometimes acting weak in life is the best. Op ask them out and renovate your house in peace
seborrhic:

So police would just go,arrest tenants and detain them on suspicion without evidence?
This is how you lots put some policemen in trouble.
What if it's the agent that's even involved in the stealing?
He should just either notify the police formally of theft of materials and allow them do their job,or if the stolen materials ain't that much,seek the services of one of the neighborhood watch to look after the property till d tenants move out and he completes the renovation.
There are consequences to detaining people illegally, particularly if u are unfortunate to meet one with superior connections when the question of if proper police procedure was involved.You would be shocked how those same policemen you bribed to detain people illegally would turn against you.
Thread carefully and lawfully.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2019
There is no such issue between them. They are in fact owing the landlord more than a year rent.

jomoh:
You don’t know the story of the tenants and the previous landlord. They might have had some disagreements that pertain to money.

All in all, it is still wrong.

Get a lock on the vacant apartment naa abi he hard to do. If not get a security. For just 20k a month you’d get one of this aboki boys to stay there for the month with strict instructions.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Ten06(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
Alright, we have heard you, continue to remain in the crossroad until they have pulled down the house and started packing the particles away. Don't go and arrest them
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Enosa1(m): 7:19am On Jun 22, 2019
Quorax:

People who use sentiment to view issues will die before their time. You are asking what to do cos u are being sentimental when you should kick them out even before coming here.

Na why I like myself be that. Even my own blood will not be spared.
I am surprised by his question. People are busy vandalizing my property and I'm on nairaland asking for what to do? He sounded like a very meek person and men always will confuse meekness for weakness.

Anyway, what to do, is to install solar system on that your property. Darkness always ease vandalism.

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by jomoh: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
There is no such issue between them. They are in fact owing the landlord more than a year rent.

That means they’re unfortunate set of people. Take steps to protect your property.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by maybel(m): 7:21am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
Hahaha. This is too much ooo
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2019
B4 you start demolishing or renovation be sure you get your permits pls......
walexpal:

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by SEGLIZ: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..

I no pray make I offend you o. na me my wife go say my own judgement and verdict dey wicked if she corner this your own............Ibeg make I no talk so my punishment no go worse.
truth be told those individuals deserve worse, I try imagine what they would teach to children and wards.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Orpe7(m): 7:42am On Jun 22, 2019
Guess they are yiboos
Na their work

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Stillthebest: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2019
Meaningless. I am sure you seek for advice before making love to your wife.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by minasota(f): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
Do this to any of my siblings without any concrete evidence and I'll spend everything I've got to throw you overboard.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Stillthebest: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2019
afemaiboy:
First of all, look for a Buzu guard and read the riot act to him. Get court papers and evict them. God has blessed you: you can replace the items they removed. Obviously, your inherited tenants are not only wicked, they are in the strong grip of poverty, so don't make them suffer any more than eviction.

Really!! They are just Thieves. Poverty makes someone to remove windows , doors and wires? !!!! They are Thieves.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 7:54am On Jun 22, 2019
Do not get me wrong. I am not that gentle and confused as people are generally positing here. I am just here to get the best advice so as to ensure I do not err on the other side of the Law. Thanks to ''MRMCJAY'' for the advice.

Stillthebest:
Meaningless. I am sure you seek for advice before making love to your wife.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2019
seborrhic:

So police would just go,arrest tenants and detain them on suspicion without evidence?
This is how you lots put some policemen in trouble.
What if it's the agent that's even involved in the stealing?
He should just either notify the police formally of theft of materials and allow them do their job,or if the stolen materials ain't that much,seek the services of one of the neighborhood watch to look after the property till d tenants move out and he completes the renovation.
There are consequences to detaining people illegally, particularly if u are unfortunate to meet one with superior connections when the question of if proper police procedure was involved.You would be shocked how those same policemen you bribed to detain people illegally would turn against you.
Thread carefully and lawfully.
true say.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Offpoint1: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
You failed to asked an important question:
Were they the ones that fixed those properties?
Some landlord have this negligence habit, if you rent a faulty apartment and you fixed everything yourself without the landlord seeing the expense as part of your rent... when I'm leaving I'm removing everything.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by livelymatilda: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

You failed to asked an important question:
Were they the ones that fixed those properties?
Some landlord have this negligence habit, if you rent a faulty apartment and you fixed everything yourself without the landlord seeing the expense as part of your rent... when I'm leaving I'm removing everything.
Hope he is going to pay his astounding rent when leaving too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2019
Stillthebest:

Really!! They are just Thieves. Poverty makes someone to remove windows , doors and wires? !!!! They are Thieves.
Of course, they are thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria / Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? / Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.