Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials (23982 Views)

Isaac Fayose Threatens To Demolish Abuja House Over Tenants’ Debt / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Offpoint1: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2019
livelymatilda:
Hope he is going to pay his astounding rent when leaving too?
Which astounding rent?

2 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by livelymatilda: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

Which astounding rent?
Now I know you didn't read/understand the Op's post..
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by bigiyaro(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

Do you know what the law says about theft, burglary, robbery and vandalism?

If convicted, they are looking at 7 years for some of these offences. God help them if they are in Lagos. Minimum time they would come out is 2027 cos their trial would start 2020.

Make them continue dey thief.
if to say u be football coach, ur opponents go hearam
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Offpoint1: 8:58am On Jun 22, 2019
livelymatilda:
I read and understood clearly...
nobody ask make e no collect rent.

It's only wrong if they properties they removed weren't their own.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by sammymama: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2019
So bad
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by olawale780: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2019
Shikini:
OP, maybe the tenants themselves had fixed those things
you listed (and not the previous owner)
one of the reasonable comment i go read today. Some lordlord no go ever fix things for their house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 9:31am On Jun 22, 2019
minasota:
Do this to any of my siblings without any concrete evidence and I'll spend everything I've got to throw you overboard.

Let your siblings steal my property, you'll be better off spending everything you have to get them sound legal representation than tyring to throw me overboard.

3 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 9:32am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

You failed to asked an important question:
Were they the ones that fixed those properties?
Some landlord have this negligence habit, if you rent a faulty apartment and you fixed everything yourself without the landlord seeing the expense as part of your rent... when I'm leaving I'm removing everything.

That is the most important question the story throws up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

You failed to asked an important question:
Were they the ones that fixed those properties?
Some landlord have this negligence habit, if you rent a faulty apartment and you fixed everything yourself without the landlord seeing the expense as part of your rent... when I'm leaving I'm removing everything.

For your information, they did not fix those items that were removed. They were all fixed by the previous land lord.

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2019
SEGLIZ:

I no pray make I offend you o. na me my wife go say my own judgement and verdict dey wicked if she corner this your own............Ibeg make I no talk so my punishment no go worse.
truth be told those individuals deserve worse, I try imagine what they would teach to children and wards.

People need to understand that their actions have legal consequences.

I would suffer, deprive myself and buy a house in these times and sitting tenants are stripping my property of fittings?

Them never born that tenant well.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:

For your information, they did not fix those items that were removed. They were all fixed by the previous land lord.

Don't take it lightly with those people. Go and report them to the police. Let them return those things stolen and leave your house immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Franklyspeakin: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2019
Kaiiiii you are a highly experienced wicked person

MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

By the time they come out, they would learn 3 things.
1. The importance of freedom, sunlight and free air.
2. The importance of honesty and honest labour.
3. The fear of God..

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Offpoint1: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:

OK, then visit station and file your complain. Use SARs to speed things up, but know you'll spend too.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Offpoint1: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2019
livelymatilda:
Okay naw...
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by JKisOK(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2019
Now, immediate eviction is in order. They have overstayed there welcome. They have expended your goodwill. File a report at the police and charge them for stealing. Take police, OPC or "boys" there and get them off your property pronto, like yesterday. No ceremony involved at all. They cannot claim to come to equity now with their unclean hands. sad angry
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by godofuck231: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.
try shooting one dead on the spot then the rest will disappear, thank me later
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Chikaa444: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.

Maybe the wires and Windows were installed by them. Thus, they are only taking back their properties make enquiry
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2019
Exactly my take.
JKisOK:
Now, immediate eviction is in order. They have overstayed there welcome. They have expended your goodwill. File a report at the police and charge them for stealing. Take police, OPC or "boys" there and get them off your property pronto, like yesterday. No ceremony involved at all. They cannot claim to come to equity now with their unclean hands. sad angry
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by lawalosky(m): 11:07am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

3. The fear of God..
Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison
Savage cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Trustworthiness: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
From what you posted, there is nothing pointing to the tenant being the culprit. It is your own conclusion. This is how injustice is being perpetrated in Nigeria and God is punishing us with bad leaders.
Who says the agents himself is not the one stealing and vandalising your house. Probably, you told him you want to renovate the house, he will start to imagine what you will really not need again and probably want to dispose off. That is when the stealing instincts will set in.
Just as some guys as advised, get a guard, and get locks for the emptied apartments.
Also, report the case to the nearest police station for record purpose.

This is my own advice for you. But never be part of people that perpetuate injustice in the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by 400billionman: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..

grin cheesy

Person wey sabi
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by 400billionman: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:

When one acquires a new house or builds one, these are the kind of things you go through.

Toughen up fast, cast fear out of your body.
Use the police, they will return all those things they removed before they sell them off.

TIME is the greatest resource, not money. Save it.

Act today. Stop acting confused.

These type of leeches can run you into poverty fast.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by banio: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
The tenants think you rich, they don't know everybody is struggling.

Buharimetrics
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by SEGLIZ: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

People need to understand that their actions have legal consequences.

I would suffer, deprive myself and buy a house in these times and sitting tenants are stripping my property of fittings?

Them never born that tenant well.

you are just right for the truth.
I noticed people in this country believe they can do whatever they just because people don't employ the justice system in resolving issues.
it high time all the bad element in the social system are taught good lessons.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by asahnwaKC: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
You go and remove the remaining doors ..windows and roofing...they will leave by fire by force when heavy rain falls
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Vowel1000: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2019
Weldon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area / Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? / How To Become A Professional Builder In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.