Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? (3080 Views)

Transition C’ttee Gives Buhari Interim Report Without Jonathan’s Govt Input / Why Late Pres. Yar’adua Was Sneaked Into Nigeria Without Jonathan’s Knowledge / 2011: Without Jonathan, Nigeria’ll Break –alao–akala ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Brownteeth(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2010
Those of us saying Jonathan is unfit to rule Nigeria, who do they think will bail out Nigeria from all the mess? The men we have at the waiting wing ready to take jonathan's job are the likes of IBB, Atiku and Buhari. (forget about ribadu, fashola, duke and co) Are these the kind of men that will steer Nigeria ahead?
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Dsense(m): 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
We can always turn it to ''Is Amala better off without Gbegiri?'' grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by TPS360: 1:21am On Oct 06, 2010
None in the political ruling class in my opinion . We need real nigerians from the grassroot, like the tea party
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by shadrach77: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2010
9ja is better off without Jonathan
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
Brownteeth:

Those of us saying Jonathan is unfit to rule Nigeria, who do they think will bail out Nigeria from all the mess? The men we have at the waiting wing ready to take jonathan's job are the likes of IBB, Atiku and Buhari. (forget about ribadu, fashola, duke and co) Are these the kind of men that will[b] steer[/b] Nigeria ahead?
Don't worry. . .Ribadu has a ''power steering'' spirit to do better than a confused jonathan.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Gbawe: 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Don't worry. . .Ribadu has a ''power steering'' spirit to do better than a confused jonathan.

Indeed. Anyone who says "forget about ribadu, fashola, duke" simply has an ageist mindset stuck in the past . All those we are supposed to "forget" are a million times better than Jonathan, IBB and Atiku. Other electorate worldwide are bravely shunning retrogression and giving youth, dynamism and vigour a chance while some Nigerians are keen to only support candidates who are "more of the same" with how they represent the usual corruption and mediocrity that has gotten us to where we are today.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by muhsin(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
YES!

More words to follow.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by LRNZH(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nigeria is better off if GEJ doesn't contest but conducts free and fair elections.

Ribadu, Fashola etc etc will emerge by popular vote!
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Johnnoo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nigeria is better of without Jonathan. However, I haven't seen any credible individual that can take over from him smiley
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by wealth2al(m): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
GEJ is still a good candidate for that position. I will vote him!
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
LRNZH:

Nigeria is better off if GEJ doesn't contest but conducts free and fair elections.

Ribadu, Fashola etc etc will emerge by popular vote!

Indeed. Most important for Nigerians to realise that with dynamic and vibrant men like Fashola and Ribadu we will not be doing what we have always done to the detriment of our nation i.e accepting mediocre impositions and then hoping for the best.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by eroticme: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2010
I dont think ACN has the political muscle to produce the next President, the party is too localised to the south west. Haven said that, GEJ looks decent enough however, i believe Nigeria deserves more than a "decent enough" President- we deserve a great President. GEJ is the best among those sorry PDP aspirants.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
Jonathan is my best candidate, Please we should remember that we have not given the man a chance to rule, Nigeria is this or that now we all blame JONATHAN who is just alleast 6months in Office. Even if by mistake Fashola get the seat in 2011 I bet his name will change
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
Is Jonathan a very poor candidate? without a doubt. Will he be preferred to any ex military candidate? definately.

Jonathan is at best mediocre. He lacks the capability of being a decent president. However, he enjoys poor opposition. His major opposition is in IBB and he is tainted by his past.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by eewule(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
If you say Nigeria is better off without Jonathan, give your reasons, and mention who exactly is better as president in the Nigeria that is full of dishonest politicians.  Me, I think Nigeria today is better WITH jonathan. As all the other crooks will do worse if they were in his position. I think Jonathan is truly interested in building a better Nigeria (, dont have enough time to write all my reasons here) But dont critisize him without mentioning your reasons why.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by mercy307(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
The answer is simply NO!!
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by jaybee(f): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
[size=28pt]yes. yes. yes[/size] grin sad

poor unmanageable gej !!
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by sulad82i(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
[size=18pt]of course yes[/size]. I've said this before.
The guy does not appear to know what he's doing.
He's just there as a figure head
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by sulad82i(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
That guy is a retard. If it come to choosing between him and IBB, i'll rather go for IBB than see my country get worse under GEJ.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by jmoore(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what did he achieve in EFCC?
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by jmoore(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
sulad82i:

That guy is a retard. If it come to choosing between him and IBB, i'll rather go for IBB than see my country get worse under GEJ.
what did ibb achieve when he was a military president??
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
jmoore:

what did he achieve in EFCC?
Good question ! He was able to identify all the thieving politicians and made public their identities even though he was handicapped by the then administration in prosecuting them for political reasons.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by kingping(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
That guy is a retard. If it come to choosing between him and IBB, i'll rather go for IBB than see my country get worse under GEJ

If your president is retarded, I wonder what you; a follower is? My presido is smart, intelligent and destined to win next year’s election. Be kind to join the winning team…,
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Laajman(m): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2010
GEJ, unfortunately, appears to be the best of the "serious" contestants.
Though he lacks the pedigree, charisma and diplomacy to manage a complex country as ours,
hopefully, he'd move us a few steps forward.

Best if he could focus on electricity, roads, health, education, security and agriculture.
Interestingly, he could achieve a whole lot more success if he involve the private sector, and win the trust
and confidence of international investors.

These days Nigeria is not even viewed as an "emerging market" anymore. The likes of Kenya, Mauritius and Ghana are.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by labiyemmy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2010
bombs, boms and more bombs - thats what will heal Nigeria.

I heard they found $500 billion dollars in GEJ's pocket.

Is this true?
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Gbawe: 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
Laajman:

These days Nigeria is not even viewed as an "emerging market" anymore. The likes of Kenya, Mauritius and Ghana are.
   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I really dont know where some of you get your totally erroneous info that is always designed to falsely portray Nigeria in a negative light. Please note that the report below was culled after the 21/09/2010 conference held at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) for Africa Investors Annual Business Summit
aimed at highlighting Africa as an investment destination.

http://www.ethiopianreporter.com/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1137:nigeria-ethiopia-among-top-african-countries-for-fund-managers&catid=98:news&Itemid=511

Nigeria, Ethiopia among top African countries for fund managers .Saturday, 25 September 2010 10:04    . By Kaleyesus Bekele

Emerging market fund managers who had gathered last Friday at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) for Africa Investors' Annual Business Summit selected Nigeria as their top African investment destination. They also mentioned Ethiopia, Ghana and Kenya as some of the other emerging African economies they would consider for investments.
The summit held annually on the trading floor of the NYSE attracted a large number of global institutional investors, stock market executives and regulators from the US, Africa, Europe and Asia. It was opened with a keynote address from former secretary of the US Treasury Robert Rubin who was also the former chairman of Citibank, one of the world’s largest financial institutions.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by jaybee(f): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
@eewule: gej is kniife; he used to look dol and clueless until he opend his mouth, cornfarm and proved beyonce risenable doubt.

fo sample;

``What happened yesterday was a terrorist act and MEND was just used as a straw; MEND is not a terrorist group," the President said.

``I am from the Niger Delta, my father's house is few metres from an oil-well, so nobody can claimto be a Niger Deltan than myself."
``It is erroneous to think that [size=18pt]my people [/size] who have been [size=18pt]agitating for good living [/size] will deliberately blow up the [size=18pt]opportunity they have now[/size],'' Mr. Jonathan said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5626087-146/jonathan_says_mend_not_responsible_for.csp

[size=18pt]President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday asked Babatunde Fafunwa, former minister of education, to apologise to , Nigerians over the failure of the 6-3-3-4 system of education. [/size]
http://tribunengrworld.com/jonathan-asks-former-minister-to-apologise-to-nigerians-2558056.htm

[size=28pt]NOW UNDER HON. GEJ !!

Nigeria has dropped further in the ranking on governance index among countries in Africa.

The country ranks a distant 40th out of the 53 countries in the continent. She is also ranked 13th out of 16 countries in West Africa.

In 2009, Nigeria emerged 35th in the continent.

The latest position was contained in an annual governance index simultaneously released yesterday across the continent by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010050130.html

so far, among those parading themselves for the presidency, IBB stands head and shoulder above (apology(ies) PLSSS).

gej is geetree and inconsistent, incoherent and probably sectional. Ribadu would be worse than gej (he has shown his colors already); nigerian presidency is not a showbiz. leaders (who know the import of leadership) like gov. Fashola may be better than IBB, but BSF is not thinking in that direction. now we must choose among devils. to me, the 'EVIL GENIUS' would move this nature nigeria foward faster than most nigerians ever imagine. he has guts and experience behind him.

before you start casting the stones

DISCLAIMER

i am not a fan, apologist or campigner for IBB; ejoo

fact is that "you may hate or love IBB; but you can not IGNORE him"
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by prosperup(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
For these facts:
Unclaimed a claimed attack
Refuses to promise Nigerians anything
Blames the nations power(light) problem on the fact that many Nigerians are buying more electronics like TV and DVD's

I'd say we are better off without him.
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by jaybee(f): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
jaybee:

but BSF is not thinking in that direction.

i mean BRF

sorry for that mixup
Re: Is Nigeria Better Off Without Jonathan? by Ayowumie(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Good question ! He was able to identify all the thieving politicians and made public their identities even though he was handicapped by the then administration in prosecuting them for political reasons.
While leaving thieving politicians that were loyal to the third term ambition of his god-father. WITCH HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!
That is not good an achievement, if you would ask me. Mind you, Ribadu actually sheltered some corrupt govt officials by refusing to make their names and corrupt practices public

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-gov Bola Tinubu Demands Resignation Of Nurtw Boss Over 7.4 Billion Fraud / 15 Killed In Abuja(nyanya/karu, Mararaba Road) Road Crash / A New Deadly Sect “akhwat Akwop” To Challenge Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.