Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,765 members, 7,851,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

AFCON: I Will Be Watching Super Eagles Face Burundi - Buhari - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: I Will Be Watching Super Eagles Face Burundi - Buhari (279 Views)

AFCON: I Will Forever Respect My Prophet / All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal / Afcon U-20: Flying Eagles Face Mali In Semi Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFCON: I Will Be Watching Super Eagles Face Burundi - Buhari by ackim: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has charged the Super Eagles to play every match for the honour of their motherland as they file out in their first match against Burundi in the African Cup of Nations holding in Egypt.

The President, in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Saturday, urged the Eagles to lift the flag of Nigeria high, and reinforce the reputation of the country as a football powerhouse on the continent.

He said: “I will be watching, just as millions of Nigerians would also do.

“You have our solid support, and we will cheer you to victory,”he said.

He added: “Nigerians are known for their unconquerable spirit. Show this in the group stages, and even beyond. Nothing but lifting of the diadem is good enough for our country,”he stated.

He also enjoined the Super Eagles to be mindful of fair play, and sportsmanlike conduct, as they strive to return home with the AFCON trophy.

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/afcon-i-will-be-watching-super-eagles.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: AFCON: I Will Be Watching Super Eagles Face Burundi - Buhari by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
Who cares
Re: AFCON: I Will Be Watching Super Eagles Face Burundi - Buhari by youngsahito(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
Don't go and have heart attack

(1) (Reply)

Super Chickens Finally Freaks Out Against Debutants / England Vz USA / Breaking News: Chelsea FC Appoints Frank Lampard As Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.