Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? (9345 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by alBHAGDADI: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Makschinchin:

I enjoy some of alBHAG.DADI's posts, but there are some that I don't hold on to, especially his stance on "once saved, always saved". Another thing I noticed with him is that when you hold him in a tight corner, he stops responding to your comments.

My brothers and sisters, don't be deceived.. That you gave your life to Christ at a point in your life does not mean Heaven is sure for you if you consciously live in sin without repenting and seeking God's help to do away with whatever sin it is.

Jesus talked about enduring to the end,
Matthew 24:12-13:
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
Matt.24.13 - But he who ENDURES TO THE END shall be saved.

These are the words of Jesus Himself.. I believe this is in contrast to sir alBHAG.DADI's belief.

I continue to believe that anyone who believes in Christ/gives his life to Christ and doesn't endure to the end, won't be saved.

By the way, alBHAGDA.DI is yet to answer a yes or no to your question below:

The verse you quoted in Mathew 24 isn't talking about enduring till the end by not sinning. It is simply about the Great Tribulation. It is about the Christians who endure the persecution during that period. It says if they endure till the end, they will be saved. Go and read the entire chapter, not just one verse taken out of context.

Mind you, I don't runaway when placed in tight corner. I just don't respond to some post because most of them will make type till I get tired. Most of what they even ask may have been answered in the OP or my previous posts on the thread.

As for that guy's question, I answered, just that I didn't give him a yes or no answer. I gave him more than a one word answers, he just wasn't able to see it.

The one word answers is YES.

Jesus already paid for his sins, past, present and future. His dying on top of his neighbor's wife might be his punishment for sin. But his soul will go to heaven because it got saved by Jesus before his death.
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Makschinchin: 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The verse you quoted in Mathew 24 isn't talking about enduring till the end by not sinning. It is simply about the Great Tribulation. It is about the Christians who endure the persecution during that period. It says if they endure till the end, they will be saved. Go and read the entire chapter, not just one verse taken out of context.

Thank you for finally responding sir.

What do you think Great tribulation or persecution means?? What does it mean to be persecuted for the sake of Christ?? Again, who are those persecuted in respect to this passage? Aren't they those that believe in Christ and walk after His ways?? Please enlighten me if I'm wrong..

alBHAGDADI:

As for that guy's question, I answered, just that I didn't give him a yes or no answer. I gave him more than a one word answers, he just wasn't able to see it.

Jesus already paid for his sins, past, present and future. His dying on top of his neighbor's wife might be his punishment for sin. But his soul will go to heaven because it got saved by Jesus before his death.

Dying on top of his neighbours wife might be punishment for sin Isn't that laughable?

How can you believe that someone who has once given his life to Christ is forever saved even if that person consciously live in sin?

Jesus truly paid for our sins but he didn't encourage us to continue in sin, He rather encouraged us to be perfect even as our Heaven Father is perfect as seen in Matthew 5:48. Again the woman who was caught in adultery and saved by Jesus wasn't encouraged to go home and keep sinning since she still lives in the flesh, Jesus told her to go and sin NO MORE!!

I don't agree with you for saying someone who was once saved can make Heaven even if he or she dies in sin because you just contradicted the Scriptures:

1Pet.1.15 - but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct (you should read up from verse 15 to 25)

2Pet.2.9 - The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment

1Cor.6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, (vs. 10) nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God"

Romans 8:13- "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live"

1John.3.8 - He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

These and a host of other Scriptural passages contradict your stance.. Please sir alBHAGDADI, stop believing that someone who gives his life to Christ and falls back to sin will still make Heaven, that's an error. I'll rather you preach concerning holding on to the faith by living a holy life.. Jesus has told us to be holy as our Heavenly Father is holy, it means that by His grace we can live a holy life and think righteous thoughts too.

You can't say you are born again if you still consciously live in sin or harbour sinful thoughts.. Heb.12.14 - "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord." You see the Bible says in Romans 8:16 that "the Spirit itself beareth witness with our own spirit that we are the children of God."

If you have given your life to Christ, let the mind which is in Christ also be in you..

I pray the Holy Spirit opens our understanding the more on this issue in Jesus' Name, Amen

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by alBHAGDADI: 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Makschinchin:

What do you think Great tribulation or persecution means?? What does it mean to be persecuted for the sake of Christ?? Again, who are those persecuted in respect to this passage? Aren't they those that believe in Christ and walk after His ways?? Please enlighten me if I'm wrong..

Dying on top of his neighbours wife might be punishment for sin Isn't that laughable?

How can you believe that someone who has once given his life to Christ is forever saved even if that person consciously live in sin?

Jesus truly paid for our sins
but he didn't encourage us to continue in sin, He rather encouraged us to be perfect even as our Heaven Father is perfect as seen in Matthew 5:48. Again the woman who was caught in adultery and saved by Jesus wasn't encouraged to go home and keep sinning since she still lives in the flesh, Jesus told her to go and sin NO MORE!!

I don't agree with you for saying someone who was once saved can make Heaven even if he or she dies in sin because you just contradicted the Scriptures:

1Pet.1.15 - but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct (you should read up from verse 15 to 25)

2Pet.2.9 - The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment

1Cor.6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, (vs. 10) nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God"

Romans 8:13- "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live"

1John.3.8 - He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

These and a host of other Scriptural passages contradict your stance.. Please sir alBHAGDADI, stop believing that someone who gives his life to Christ and falls back to sin will still make Heaven, that's an error. I'll rather you preach concerning holding on to the faith by living a holy life.. Jesus has told us to be holy as our Heavenly Father is holy, it means that by His grace we can live a holy life and think righteous thoughts too.

You can't say you are born again if you still consciously live in sin or harbour sinful thoughts.. Heb.12.14 - "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord." You see the Bible says in Romans 8:16 that "the Spirit itself beareth witness with our own spirit that we are the children of God."

If you have given your life to Christ, let the mind which is in Christ also be in you..

I pray the Holy Spirit opens our understanding the more on this issue in Jesus' Name, Amen

Thank you sir.

This is why I just ignore some posts. I just showed you that Mathew 24 wasn't talking about those who endure by not sinning. It is talking about those who endure the persecution and didnt die. Such will be saved at the coming of Jesus while those who died will resurrect at the coming of Jesus. Yet you still think the passage is talking about not sinning.

You said Jesus paid for our sins, yet you still believe sin will send a believer to hell. What they did Jesus pay for?

The adulterous woman was told to go and sin no more. Where you expecting Jesus to tell her to go and continue sinning? This in no way negates Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

Yes, God wants us to be Holy like him, but you have mistaken that to mean if one is not holy like God, such won't make heaven. Can you show me a person as Holy as God?

1 Samuel 2:2
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

According to you, the requirement to make heaven is to be holy like God. But the verse above just showed you that there can't be such a person.

Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The passage in Corinthians, you should have read further to see that we are all like those people. But God washed us and gave us the righteousness of Jesus. The world may see us as sinful, but God sees his son Jesus in us, therefore we are righteous before him.

Honestly, you don't understand the passage in Romans you quoted. I really don't have time to start explaining it to you. You don't understand the difference between living by the spirit and living by the flesh. It's deep yet easy.

He who sins is of the devil? Do you want to honestly tell me you are not a sinner? Does that make you of the devil? Is there one who is without sin on Earth? No.

Romans 3:10 (KJV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Does that now mean we are all of the devil? Look, just go and read up very well otherwise those verses will continue to fool you..
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Makschinchin: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This is why I just ignore some posts. I just showed you that Mathew 24 wasn't talking about those who endure by not sinning. It is talking about those who endure the persecution and didnt die. Such will be saved at the coming of Jesus while those who died will resurrect at the coming of Jesus. Yet you still think the passage is talking about not sinning.

You said Jesus paid for our sins, yet you still believe sin will send a believer to hell. What they did Jesus pay for?

The adulterous woman was told to go and sin no more. Where you expecting Jesus to tell her to go and continue sinning? This in no way negates Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.

Yes, God wants us to be Holy like him, but you have mistaken that to mean if one is not holy like God, such won't make heaven. Can you show me a person as Holy as God?

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

According to you, the requirement to make heaven is to be holy like God. But the verse above just showed you that there can't be such a person.

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The passage in Corinthians, you should have read further to see that we are all like those people. But God washed us and gave us the righteousness of Jesus. The world may see us as sinful, but God sees his son Jesus in us, therefore we are righteous before him.

Honestly, you don't understand the passage in Romans you quoted. I really don't have time to start explaining it to you. You don't understand the difference between living by the spirit and living by the flesh. It's deep yet easy.

He who sins is of the devil? Do you want to honestly tell me you are not a sinner? Does that make you of the devil? Is there one who is without sin on Earth? No.

Does that now mean we are all of the devil? Look, just go and read up very well otherwise those verses will continue to fool you..

Look at how you just missed even the first question on my post which you quoted just because you want to run me down with your usual doctrine.

Enough said already, like I said before, let's allow the Holy Spirit open our understanding to the Truth of God's Word, Amen.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by fydence: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Makschinchin:

Look at how you just missed even the first question on my post which you quoted just because you want to run me down with your usual doctrine.

Enough said already, like I said before, let's allow the Holy Spirit open our understanding to the Truth of God's Word, Amen.

Thank you

Bros they will twist every scripture in the bible to suit what they want to believe.. There z no point.
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by fydence: 6:27am On Jul 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Smh
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by fydence: 6:28am On Jul 17, 2019
Makschinchin:

Jesus truly paid for our sins but he didn't encourage us to continue in sin, He rather encouraged us to be perfect even as our Heaven Father is perfect as seen in Matthew 5:48. Again the woman who was caught in adultery and saved by Jesus wasn't encouraged to go home and keep sinning since she still lives in the flesh, Jesus told her to go and sin NO MORE!!

Thank you sir.
Apart from responding excellently... you have opened up some scriptures that has really helped me. Thanks alot and God bless you richly
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by fydence: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mind you, I don't runaway when placed in tight corner. I just don't respond to some post because most of them will make type till I get tired. Most of what they even ask may have been answered in the OP or my previous posts on the thread.

I'm sure this answer also goes for Suicide....The person will go to heaven because dying might be the punishment for killing one's self..oh wait... that was the intention of the person...so how does the intention become the punishment.... You see why I say this your "gospel" is the k-legged version.
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Makschinchin: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
fydence:
Apart from responding excellently... you have opened up some scriptures that has really helped me. Thanks alot and God bless you richly

All glory to Jesus Christ, Amen
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On May 19, 2021
unstoppable51:

First, unlike what is popularly believed out there, this verse isn’t asking you to work for your salvation. It said work it out.

I really need you to understand that to work out your Salvation is not the same as working for it. When people read this verse, they often make the mistake of thinking they are the same. They think the verse is asking you to do something (good things) in order to produce or receive your own salvation.

This is a very wrong notion because as important as our good works are, they count for nothing when it comes to being a criteria for salvation. They cannot merit or provide that wonderful experience for us. That is why Salvation is a gift.
I am afraid you are wrong there. According to Jesus Christ, salvation is only given to those who believe, and even that to those who submit to eating the body of, and drinking the blood of Jesus Christ - John 10 - only those who do so can be given eternal life, the gift of Salvation. undecided

But what value is this Salvation without gaining entry into the Kingdom of God where the gift has meaning for you see, those who have eternal life and are not born-again, are like those who enter into through the Kingdom of God through the broad gate which leads only to Hell. undecided
According to Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21, to enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate,one must fulfill all of the following requirements...(in no particular order).

* Must change one's heart and life and be baptized in water(a step in the born-again process) as a sign of this - Matthew 3 vs 7 -11
* Must believe that Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law of God in the Kingdom of God as promised through the prophets
* Must be born of the Spirit(Spirit here not to be confused with the Spirit of God)
* Must eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ -John 10 - by which one is saved from the condemnation of sin(Death) and gifted with eternal life(grace) in its place

By working all of the above, as instructed by Jesus Christ, with fear and trembling, one can be sure of gaining access to the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate that leads to the favored end. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On May 19, 2021
malvisguy212:
Salvation is not DOING something ; it is KNOWING someone (John 17:3). Salvation is not based on what we might do; it is based on what Christ has ALREADY DONE (John 19:30). Salvation is not TRYING; it is TRUSTING (John 6:47). Even the devil know this as God plan of salvation in Luke 8:12:

"Those by the way side are they that hear;
then cometh the devil, and taketh away the
word out of their hearts, lest they should
BELIEVED AND BE SAVED" (Luke 8:12).

As regards the part in bold. Those by the way side are in fact those who hear but never become DOERs... Salvation involves a doing in the sense that one is required to submit to and obey God's commandments in order to be saved.

Salvation, with the end result of eternal life, entails the
1) Believing/trusting in the person of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God -John 3 vs 21
2) eating of the body of and drinking the blood of Jesus Christ , by which one gains eternal life -John 10

Now, Salvation goes hand in hand with being born-again and even that has it's own set of commandments that need to be obeyed in order to enter into the Kingdom of God through the straight and narrow gate and not the broad way. undecided

The Word of God refers to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth and Law which is the New Covenant. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Kobojunkiee: 4:47pm On May 15, 2023
Dafemich:
■ I read the first thread, I didn't go through the rest. Recently, I start writing a book concerning your stand, but I stop after almost concluding it. I love the Lord Jesus, and I want to make heaven, so I don't to do any wrong thing. Am really confused presently. I don't know if what am writing is the right thing. I don't know am being led by the Spirit of God to write it. so I stop. Don't you think one can really lose his salvation? If I fall into sin, shouldn't I be condemned. I don't know. Am really serious. this is what is happening with me presently.
Please endeavor to take time to understand for yourself the Truth of God as presented in scripture, as opposed to the many doctrines and traditions of men which you seem to be caught in from your responses to this point. undecided

You claim you love Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments — God's New Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God which comprises almost 100 total teachings and commandments — the Truth of God and Constitution in the Kingdom of God. Is this the Law that you continuously live your life by? My guess is that you also claim to be born-again, and I would like to ask you about the proof that God gave to you when you first had this experience, and how has life been living with that proof — john 3 vs 1 - 21 & Matthew 10 vs 34 - 38. undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On May 26, 2023
malvisguy212:
God forbid, sin is what Christ has already defected , you just need to believed and be saved.
A born-again individual is a sinner who has obtained the passport and all necessary documents to gain access into the Kingdom of God. Absolution of sin is not part of the package as Jesus Christ rather said freedom from slavery to sin, offered to all born-agains, can be obtained only through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - John 8 vs 31 - 36 undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 27, 2023
unstoppable51:
■ Good morning bro!
From your replies you seem really sincere about wanting to understand the truth concerning Salvation. I have been in the position that you are in right now and here's what helped me discover and built my convictions on this:
1. I made up my mind to put a lot of effort in knowing the truth for myself so I READ & LISTENED A LOT.
You can't keep away from properly explained threads, posts, books, audio teachings etc because of what people say and expect to understand all you desire.

2. I began to value WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY a lot more than what are people saying about this? Only the Word counts for me.
3. Praying Pauline prayers
For now, I'll respectfully advise you pause the book and learn first sir. You'll bless more lives!
Two sites I'll personally recommend for you is https://www.feedmejesus.com and also livingwordmedia.org (audio teachings free download)
So, basically, you adopted, in place of the Truth of God — the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — the very doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned people not to follow - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - and somehow you think those lies make you close to Jesus Christ, this in conflict with the claims made by Jesus Christ regarding the same lies? Yikes! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The Universe Will End / Should Christians Pray For Some Enemies to Die? / When Did Jesus Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.