Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria (539 Views)

Festus Keyamo Visits Omo Agege, The Deputy Senate President (Photos) / Ovie Omo-Agege Biography: 9 Facts About The Deputy Senate President / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by Nyamuriflathead: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2019
Dear Chief Barr.Movie Omo-Agege,
I want to sincerely congratulate you once more for your political sagacity and ability to lobby your party and your distinguished colleagues across party line to emerged the Deputy Senate president of the 9th Red Chamber.

You are a proud son of Late Justice Omo-Agege who will be smiling in his grave by now because he produced a son that has committed himself towards promoting his name and by extension the Urhobo nation to a greater height.

Prior to your election as the Deputy Senate President on the 11th of June 2019, many patriotic Urhobos and South Southerners political permutations is that; An Urhobo should emerge DSP, a man from N/Delta should be given a chance, A south South Senator deserve the seat to reflect political equity and God granted our heart desire which gladdens our heart.

Let, me remind you Sir, that ethnic and geopolitical consideration were the political intrigues and indices that produce you as a Deputy Senate president, therefore, it will be illogical not to prioritize your primary constituency even in your attempt to prove a nationalistic point or trying to please some political heavy weights in your party.

It's not out of place to be grateful to those who had supported your ambition to become a reality yet, its a slap on our face when an already marginalized ethnic nationality is further sidelined by their on son occupying the 6th most powerful office in the land.

Sir, I want you to review your recent appointment where only one out of three slots came to Urhobo/South South.

1. Dr.Otive Igbuzor - Chief of staff

2. Ms. Lara Owoeye-wise - Senior Special Assistant on Electric and New media.

3. Mr. Yomi Odunuga- Special Adviser on media and publicity.

From the above appointment, you gave two slots to the Yoruba and only one slot to Urhobo your primary constituency, this is unfair by all standard and its highly condemnable.

Sir, your action is capable of demoralizing patriotic Urhobos and south south people who supported you in one way or the order, its like dashing our collective hope of promoting the quest of the people from your primary constituency.
Let me remind you that its a crime for you to love Nigeria more than Urhobo and I say this without any apology to anyone , because, it's scriptural to love your neighbour as your self and charity must begin from home.

Lastly, let me remind you that people from other tribes and geopolitical zones had occupied this position before you and they never made such unpatriotic appointment against their people.

For Example:

(1) Your predecessor, Senator Ike Ekweremadu appointed and worked with an Igbo man "Mr Uche Anichukwu as his media aid.

(2) Former Senate president Dr Saraki appointed and worked with a Kwara Yoruba man Mr. Yusuph Olaniyomi as media aid

(3) Former Senate President, Brig. Gen. David Mark appointed and worked with Mr. Kola Ologbondiyanb( now PDP pub Sec) a man from old Benue state, yes He is from Kogi state, a state that was created from a portion of Eastern Kwara and Western Benue in 1991 and I hope you did not forget that David Mark is from Benue state.
To further buttress my point, Kwara , Benue and Kogi are North Central states but, your appointment did not reflect Urhobo or South South region in any way.

(4) Your Party National Chairman, Comrd. Adams Oshiomole have an Edo man as his media aid Mr. Simon Ebegbulem.

(5) The number one media aid of President Buhari is from the North Mr Shehu Garba .

(6) Former President Olusegun Obasanjo media aid is a Yoruba man Mr Kehinde Akinyemi .

The list is endless, therefore; I am by this write up as a patriotic Urhobo, a Former Publicity Secretary of the Urhobo biggest Umbrella (UPU) Ikeja branch- Lagos, reminding you our Senator that Urhobo should come first in your distribution of responsibilities and opportunities for growth and development in all ramifications.
Remember, " Eduvwé Ótiyishe ké Óvwiéré-é "

God bless Urhobo People!
God bless Delta state!
God bless N/Delta
God bless Nigeria

Sign.
Comrd. Martins Onos
Former Publicity Secretary
UPU - Ikeja branch, Lagos.
Re: Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by helinues: 6:38am On Jun 23, 2019
undecided

Oppositions are probably the one demanding this...
Re: Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by orion7: 6:42am On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerians ehn

we 're a terrible people and we deserve wicked leaders. just imagine

I rest my case
Re: Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by tunwumi: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2019
Another ethnic tribalist sighted. When we have people we can trust there ethnic sentiment evaporates. But competency is sacrificed on the table of ethicism.
Re: Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by aolawale025: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2019
No 'slot' went north
Re: Open Letter To The Deputy Senate President Of Nigeria by Mystiquefia: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2019
aolawale025:
No 'slot' went north

They'd have crucified him, if that had happened

(1) (Reply)

Meet Dr. Marijuana Pepsi: Lady Who Refused To Change Her Unusual Name / RUGA: Buhari Govt Has Become A Laughing Stock –jonathan / Atiku Is Scamming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.