Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay (15839 Views)

Govs Planned To Withhold Salaries, Sack Workers If They Didn’t Win Election: EU / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2019
The election that produced Trump in America was rigged in his favour this was an open secret and nothing was done.How many Nigerian institutions was heard condemning it.
No election is perfect but room for errors differs.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by aksule(m): 8:01am On Jun 23, 2019
If this how Nigeria is to be run then we are in serious problem. Imagine what is been vomitted by a law professor simply because he is in the government of the day
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by poseidon12: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2019
Useless man, Sagay. I still wonder how this as*hole of a man got professorship in Law. It seems the bar for achieving professorship in Nigeria is too low.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by jaytee01(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2019
Sagay is either mad or senile or both.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Gandollaar(f): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2019
helinues:

They should be opened by now
Hahahaha
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2019
This man is hypnotised
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Bestbeelieve: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2019
proprince:
Sagay you are a fool and you know it.

A born fool.... Sagay and Omo Agege are a bloody disgrace to the Niger Delta!
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Simeon88(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:

Well, I know that removing subsides is a harsh thing...God knows I know it...but the fact is, we have severely limited resources. The oil that forms 90% of our income isn't enough.

And it is that fight over our limited resources that is driving the current issues over 'who wins elections' (And subsides are a big conduit for corruption ....plus they stifle job creation).

In the GSM sector...at the start, prices of SIM were very high. When Nigerians complained, an official of the NCC pointed out that the GSM companies were building the whole GSM network from scratch, and government was not helping them at all....so prices would be high. Also the Obasanjo government resisted calls that in essence called for subsides in the GSM sector.

Because government did not bring in a subsidy...GSM companies had enough money to create jobs, and build infrastructure...and as a result I am typing this missive from my house in a city where in 2003...if I wanted to go online, I had to go to an internet cafe some 5-7 minutes drive away to type over very bad connections.

If subsides go, investment would flow into the petroleum sector, and power sector to build things like power stations, and refineireis without government funding. Savings made could be redirected to things like educaiton and health ans well as public transport.

We don't have enough money. Yes, our polticians have been corrupt...but we have to someday cut our coats according to our size. And if all our neighbours can be paying above N280 per liter for PMS...and they are all oil priducers (even Niger.)...why can't we? And we have to make our economy productive somehow.

Bro our resources being limited is not the main problem. Am sure you have not been close to top govt officials. Double our resources today and tomorrow they triple their salaries, allowances and all the unimaginable running expenses. Buhari govt is complaining about low fuel price but aso rock budget is increasing every year. This is what happens across board in all level of govt and the people are sinking lower into poverty. When the masses are ready they will take back their country but unfortunately, I don't see that happening now.

Leave all these text book grammar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by hope4life: 8:35am On Jun 23, 2019
12345baba:
Sagay should be taking to psychiatrist

Long overdue. If the international observers praise his paymasters now,he won't say that.African poverty mentality. Once an African man eats from a pot,even if the pot is the source of calamity to others, he will adour it.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Aystarz: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2019
OneManLegion:
This man wrote the finest book on contract law for undergrads lipsrsealedlipsrsealed but he's been uncomfortably garrulous lately. sad sad

He's the head of PACAC so he can't be speaking in his official capacity because this isn't a topic that falls within the ambit of their authority.

Moreover, it's standard practice for the 1st world countries to send electoral watch delegates to monitor elections in country that are incapable of taking care of simple issues (like Nigeria grin sad ).
What's more, the observers told the truth!

So why's he braying? undecided

You got that right hombre. I'm having a hard time trying to believe the sucker wrote a book that insightful. How
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by hisexcellency34: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2019
I quite agree with Sagay. These Europeans like treating Africans like second class they can just dictate to anyhow

maoolakanm:
The election that produced Trump in America was rigged in his favour this was an open secret and nothing was done.How many Nigerian institutions was heard condemning it.
No election is perfect but room for errors differs.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Enyimbamercedes: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2019
Of course it will be none of their business considering the circumstances. In 2015, you made it their business and were courting them to ensure a free and fair election which we got! Now that they are criticizing the 2019 election, it is none of their business.

Janus!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by LZAA: 9:01am On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:
The simple fact is that elections can only be free and fair in Nigeria if Nigerians want them to be free and fair.

The problem is, our economy is too dependent on government patronage to survive...worsened by the fact that Nigerians don't realise that resources are limited....so whoever holds the reins of government holds the means to dole out cash

Most of the people complaining against Buhari winning on the grounds of rigging (and for that matter, those who complained against PDP victories in the past) are doing so because they are angry at losing out of the distribution of goodies. Witness people saying, for example that Igbos have lost out by not voting Buhari. The truth is, what such people mean is that their own side has lost out on a chance to get access to scarce resources at the center...which they can distribute to their loyalists.

And that's why I don't support restrcturing at all. It is just painiting up a dirty house without cleaning it.

The only way forward is to sort out the econonmy by removing subsides and attracting foreign investors , especially in our power and peroleum sector. That way, in theory...people would vote for the government that keeps things running well enough for them...because if they don't...the investment dries up, and the jobs dry up. It is because of our so called welfare system based on a limted resources pot that is driving all the tribal based fights over who owns oil or whatever.

MODIFIED

To clarify, the less dependent people of a coutry are on government patronage for survival, the more successful the democracy would be. A good thing about capitalism is that investment drives development, and leaves the government as a facilitator of development, as well as reaping enough revenue to sustain some welfare policies.

Unfortunately in Nigeria, we run a 'share the money' government. Based on an oil output of 2.5m barrels per day that isn't enough for 200m people. Cutting subsides, and allowing foreign investment may leave the government with enough savings for things like educaiton , health....and reduce the tribal based figithing over who gets how much.
Igbos have never and will never depend on FG for any single thing
If any thing the FG has continuously deprived d igbos of federal presence yet they keep excelling
Back to restructuring,i'll advise u read up on it cuz i doubt u understand wat it means
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2019
How would increasing the price of everything stop corruption?
Your plan is removing subsidies would make people vote better non thieving leaders?
Nigeria's solution is VERY simple
KICK OUT PDP AND APC THEY ARE THESAME FOOLS THAT DESTROYED NIGERIA EVEN IN THE TIME OF PLENTY.

tactius:

Well, I know that removing subsides is a harsh thing...God knows I know it...but the fact is, we have severely limited resources. The oil that forms 90% of our income isn't enough.

And it is that fight over our limited resources that is driving the current issues over 'who wins elections' (And subsides are a big conduit for corruption ....plus they stifle job creation).

In the GSM sector...at the start, prices of SIM were very high. When Nigerians complained, an official of the NCC pointed out that the GSM companies were building the whole GSM network from scratch, and government was not helping them at all....so prices would be high. Also the Obasanjo government resisted calls that in essence called for subsides in the GSM sector.

Because government did not bring in a subsidy...GSM companies had enough money to create jobs, and build infrastructure...and as a result I am typing this missive from my house in a city where in 2003...if I wanted to go online, I had to go to an internet cafe some 5-7 minutes drive away to type over very bad connections.

If subsides go, investment would flow into the petroleum sector, and power sector to build things like power stations, and refineireis without government funding. Savings made could be redirected to things like educaiton and health ans well as public transport.

We don't have enough money. Yes, our polticians have been corrupt...but we have to someday cut our coats according to our size. And if all our neighbours can be paying above N280 per liter for PMS...and they are all oil priducers (even Niger.)...why can't we? And we have to make our economy productive somehow.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by samfrancis1(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2019
And this man Na professor? Well that’s a Nigeria professor, what was I expecting
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Zoogerian234: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has condemned the reports recently released by the European Union (EU), National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the International Republican Institute (IRI) which said that the 2019 general elections were marred by irregularities such as intimidation of voters and electoral officials, vote-buying, and election-related violence.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the observer groups were meddling in what is not their business while Nigerians, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) failed to condemn their actions.

“You see the way European Union and National Democratic Institute and all these American and British people came and lectured us about how we should organise our elections in a very, very insulting and condescending way and everybody was laughing it up”.

“Nobody could see that these people are putting their fingers in what doesn’t concern them and were insulting us. What they did was teaching us about our elections in such an arrogant, stupid manner and we all swallowed it,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/eu-ndi-iri-interfering-in-what-is-none-of-their-business-sagay/

Wow what a deluded mind. Mr Sagay the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge... only fools despise wisdom and instructions... what a disappointment
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by NickD(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has condemned the reports recently released by the European Union (EU), National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the International Republican Institute (IRI) which said that the 2019 general elections were marred by irregularities such as intimidation of voters and electoral officials, vote-buying, and election-related violence.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the observer groups were meddling in what is not their business while Nigerians, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) failed to condemn their actions.

“You see the way European Union and National Democratic Institute and all these American and British people came and lectured us about how we should organise our elections in a very, very insulting and condescending way and everybody was laughing it up”.

“Nobody could see that these people are putting their fingers in what doesn’t concern them and were insulting us. What they did was teaching us about our elections in such an arrogant, stupid manner and we all swallowed it,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/eu-ndi-iri-interfering-in-what-is-none-of-their-business-sagay/
The truth is always bitter. Sadgay or whatever he calls himself should keep quiet.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by musicwriter(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Britain didn't condemn the rigging. In fact, they would have provided necessary support to carry it out in order to see their puppet Buhari in. Everything INEC achieved in the past few years have been destroyed by Mahmud.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by shara123(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
If you are on a right track, the entire world will recognize you to be good and vice-versa.
Sagay; a disgrace to legal institution!
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by joe120120(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

useless man
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Rickyzagy: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Look at how this one is referring to their creator.

I don't blame him for the fact that he schooled and live in Nigeria
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER :

I need a friend and a wife.

I'm not Yoruba or Hausa or igbo. I'm even from an oil producing state

I'm entitled to my opinion.

Besides, following my suggestion might even put us in a better state for restructuring, since there won't be a fight over resources.

If we remove subsidies over power and petrol, it could kick-start a process leading to every part of the country being less dependent on oil and more dependent on industrial growth and scientific innovation and development

And we would have lots of jobs.

If GSM was not deregulated, we won't have had the jobs it provides for all of us

It pays to think outside the box of resources dependency

Good afternoon and good luck and God bless
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by novenatim(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
Itse Sagay is suffering from a mental disorder and therefore needs a psychiatric evaluation and treatment.......is Nigeria the first country that EU and others will be monitoring elections in? APC government should just shut up, boko haram, bandits attack, killer herdmen are all over the country and they could not curb them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Broadmind: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
People like this are notfit to live among sane society.There are many of his kind in the helm of affair inNigerian which is why we have not recorded any success lately.Uselesss elder.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

devil incarnate!!!

For your insults and abuse, I do forgive you.

I did not call you names yet you chose to do so.

God bless. And good night.

May your life be long.Grow well

I have also taken the liberty of reporting you to the supermods. Several people have disagreed with my posts but none of them have abused me the way you did.

Be more mature, son.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Oxb90: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
Emu4life:
Lol. Him don scam you b4 ni??
he couldn't have been swearing for nothing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Invite Mailafia To Abuja Monday / Recession: Nigeria’s Economy Doing Well Compared To Others –lai Mohammed / Wike: APC Lawmakers Have Planned Coup, They Know Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.