Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay (15836 Views)

Govs Planned To Withhold Salaries, Sack Workers If They Didn’t Win Election: EU / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by aolawale025: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2019
Now it obvious he has lost all reasoning

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2019
this senile, satanic, dumb ass licker again?....

nig is acutely bereft of sane leaders!

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2019
the useless old man is in panic already....I don't support atiku looter but he's better than then dullard buhari cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by AngryNijerian: 7:16am On Jun 23, 2019
See how a professor just talked like a secondary school dropout to impress Buhari

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by masseratti: 7:16am On Jun 23, 2019
Jarkbet55:
Sure odd
seun can't you get a mod that does nothing but permanently flush this guys out on your forum? Since they are intensifying their adverts, that means some people on this forum are falling victims.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by CORRECTMAN788: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2019
APC has no shame.
They change the narrative when things doesn't go their way.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by fergie001: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Your father angry
Don't abuse him....

Such kind of threads with a man who sees black and calls it white deserve bet Naija and sex skills posts throughout.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Greenback: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2019
Just look at his picture,is that a human being?

As ugly as a coneheaded structure
grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by FearGodinall: 7:20am On Jun 23, 2019
Very certain that this man is out off his senses. Is this man actaully a SAN. Likewise,we sane Nigerians don't need your input in anything that has do with Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Racoon(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Sagay is a monumental disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Mrkumareze(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Elder sagay talking rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Cholison(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Stop inviting them to invest in your economy.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by SmartMen: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:
The simple fact is that elections can only be free and fair in Nigeria if Nigerians want them to be free and fair.

The problem is, our economy is too dependent on government patronage to survive...worsened by the fact that Nigerians don't realise that resources are limited....so whoever holds the reins of government holds the means to dole out cash

Most of the people complaining against Buhari winning on the grounds of rigging (and for that matter, those who complained against PDP victories in the past) are doing so because they are angry at losing out of the distribution of goodies. Witness people saying, for example that Igbos have lost out by not voting Buhari. The truth is, what such people mean is that their own side has lost out on a chance to get access to scarce resources at the center...which they can distribute to their loyalists.

And that's why I don't support restrcturing at all. It is just painiting up a dirty house without cleaning it.

The only way forward is to sort out the econonmy by removing subsides and attracting foreign investors , especially in our power and peroleum sector. That way, in theory...people would vote for the government that keeps things running well enough for them...because if they don't...the investment dries up, and the jobs dry up. It is because of our so called welfare system based on a limted resources pot that is driving all the tribal based fiorghts over who owns oil or whatever.

Your last paragraph just rubbished the whole write up. You don't have anything meaningful to add to this country.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Elvis778(m): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2019
Just negodu this old man?

Just negodu a so called professor?
na so this APC take dey flush person senses reach??
You invited them to come and observe, they came, and left.
Now they are reporting exactly what happened, and you are now against them.................welldone oga sagay abi sagy

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Gandollaar(f): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2019
helinues:
Goal shifting..

Why inviting them in the first place?
It's like you finally decided to get a cure. Keep it up and don't relapse.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:28am On Jun 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has condemned the reports recently released by the European Union (EU), National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the International Republican Institute (IRI) which said that the 2019 general elections were marred by irregularities such as intimidation of voters and electoral officials, vote-buying, and election-related violence.

Speaking in a chat with INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the observer groups were meddling in what is not their business while Nigerians, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) failed to condemn their actions.

“You see the way European Union and National Democratic Institute and all these American and British people came and lectured us about how we should organise our elections in a very, very insulting and condescending way and everybody was laughing it up”.

“Nobody could see that these people are putting their fingers in what doesn’t concern them and were insulting us. What they did was teaching us about our elections in such an arrogant, stupid manner and we all swallowed it,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/eu-ndi-iri-interfering-in-what-is-none-of-their-business-sagay/
irresponsible man... I don't know who is uglier his nose or him himself ���
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by helinues: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2019
Gandollaar:
It's like you finally decided to get a cure. Keep it up and don't relapse.

They should be opened by now

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2019
SmartMen:

Your last paragraph just rubbished the whole write up. You don't have anything meaningful to add to this country.

Well, I know that removing subsides is a harsh thing...God knows I know it...but the fact is, we have severely limited resources. The oil that forms 90% of our income isn't enough.

And it is that fight over our limited resources that is driving the current issues over 'who wins elections' (And subsides are a big conduit for corruption ....plus they stifle job creation).

In the GSM sector...at the start, prices of SIM were very high. When Nigerians complained, an official of the NCC pointed out that the GSM companies were building the whole GSM network from scratch, and government was not helping them at all....so prices would be high. Also the Obasanjo government resisted calls that in essence called for subsides in the GSM sector.

Because government did not bring in a subsidy...GSM companies had enough money to create jobs, and build infrastructure...and as a result I am typing this missive from my house in a city where in 2003...if I wanted to go online, I had to go to an internet cafe some 5-7 minutes drive away to type over very bad connections.

If subsides go, investment would flow into the petroleum sector, and power sector to build things like power stations, and refineireis without government funding. Savings made could be redirected to things like educaiton and health ans well as public transport.

We don't have enough money. Yes, our polticians have been corrupt...but we have to someday cut our coats according to our size. And if all our neighbours can be paying above N280 per liter for PMS...and they are all oil priducers (even Niger.)...why can't we? And we have to make our economy productive somehow.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Abimbola198212: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2019
They all know what they have done,thats why the useless prof.is shouting like a mad dog....Atiku is coming
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by anonymous1759(m): 7:36am On Jun 23, 2019
proprince:
Sagay you are a fool and you know it.

How? It's insulting anyways when someone can coordinate you but you can't do the same. Use your self as a case study the fact someone is superior to you doesn't mean he'll manipulate all your decision at some point you'll feel embarrassed. Even the Creator gave us a free will. We're independent we deserve some respect even if we're not doing well its called Dignity.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by ITbomb(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2019
When you received EU money and support for election, it was not interference.

They have to check if they money they contributed has been put into good use
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Princedapace(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2019
Very useless man. I am sorry, i do not like to sound rude but i have to. Seriously, these old fools take us for granted. Look at how they have messed up this country. Oga, if i see u one on one without ur security details, i will beat a living ghost out of ur body for saying this trash,

I dont blame u, I blame United nations that has condemned colonization. It would av been better we are been misgoverned by foreigners than our own elders. God will punish u all.

U all are lucky Nigeria is battling with ethnic and tribal sentiments, if not, that election wouldnt av stood. It was the most useless election i av ever seen. Election were people were denied voting, exactly the style that was used in the Osun Rerun. It worked, they brought it to national election and it worked. They will be using it all thru elections.

I wish the world powers can be more interested in countries like Nigeria with useless leaders. I mean, if only they can do more. I wish they can be granted to interfere more and stop sounding politically correct. These old fools wouldnt be talking nonsense.

Africa is full of useless and greedy leaders.. Take a look at our AFCON, citizens of these countries cant afford to travel to watch their national teams becus of extreme poverty..

I wish global leaders can do something becus we are helpless, we cant help our selves from these useless leaders. Humanity is been wasted in Africa as a result of poor governance. If the global leaders truly love humanity, they need to change the order and begin indirect colonialism again. Our leaders cant rule us. They should help us. These old men have wasted lives and dreams more than world war 2.

Take a look at this useless man. Very useless and heartless for saying this. Your country was insulted becus u guys conducted a useless election. Sir, the way u conducted ur own election, is that how others conduct theirs? I mean, u must av traveled to other developed countries.

what u see there, do u see them here?

God will punish u all elders who have destroyed this country. I will begin to write letters on the need to take away Africa from these useless leaders.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by anonymous1759(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:

Well, I know that removing subsides is a harsh thing...God knows I know it...but the fact is, we have severely limited resources. The oil that forms 90% of our income isn't enough.

And it is that fight over our limited resources that is driving the current issues over 'who wins elections' (And subsides are a big conduit for corruption ....plus they stifle job creation).

In the GSM sector...at the start, prices of SIM were very high. When Nigerians complained, an official of the NCC pointed out that the GSM companies were building the whole GSM network from scratch, and government was not helping them at all....so prices would be high. Also the Obasanjo government resisted calls that in essence called for subsides in the GSM sector.

Because government did not bring in a subsidy...GSM companies had enough money to create jobs, and build infrastructure...and as a result I am typing this missive from my house in a city where in 2003...if I wanted to go online, I had to go to an internet cafe some 5-7 minutes drive away to type over very bad connections.

If subsides go, investment would flow into the petroleum sector, and power sector to build things like power stations, and refineireis without government funding. Savings made could be redirected to things like educaiton and health ans well as public transport.

We don't have enough money. Yes, our polticians have been corrupt...but we have to someday cut our coats according to our size. And if all our neighbours can be paying above N280 per liter for PMS...and they are all oil priducers (even Niger.)...why can't we? And we have to make our economy productive somehow.

Even if you make a litre one 1m nothing will happen. Corruption is our course. We've enough cash resources to go round. The cabals in the oil and power don't want the system working . Check out all the successful countries and their level of corruption.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by anonymous1759(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2019
CORRECTMAN788:
APC has no shame.
They change the narrative when things doesn't go their way.

Is PDP different The judicial system is alive whenever a court case favors them but dead when they lost. Pdp is eligible to criticize Apc.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Auxtin85(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2019
masseratti:
seun can't you get a mod that does nothing but permanently flush this guys out on your forum? Since they are intensifying their adverts, that means some people on this forum are falling victims.

So true bro, they would have since given up if they were not getting patronage on this forum
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2019
anonymous1759:

Even if you make a litre one 1m nothing will happen. Corruption is our course. We've enough cash resources to go round. The cabals in the oil and power don't want the system working . Check out all the successful countries and their level of corruption.

1.The cabals could make far more money under removal of subsides than they are making now.

2.The cabals exist because subsidies don't allow them make a profit...so they a) tell lies about how much fuel they import b) smuggle fuel to places like Niger, and Cameroon, where fuel is above n290 per liter....and make a profit.

3.Subsides is why NNPC cannot build and manintain existing refienreis properly...and why they were even forced to negotiate to take loans to do TAM....because you cannot refine fuel at N165 per liter (NNPC estimate) and sell at N145 (the fact that we import most of our fuel pushes up actual cost to over N200). Even when Dangote comes on line...he will be forced to either export fuel, or government removes subsides (Dangote took lots of loans to build his reifiery).

If you build a refieriy and sell the fuel refined below production cost...you are setting oneself up for bankruptcy.

4.Successful countries all over the world don't have much corruption because they are dependent on indistries and investment. They don't waste millions subsidising power and petrol for everyone...so companies can make profit and reinvest in jobs and new facilties. In Nigeria because we virutally subsidse power...DISCOS and GENCOS cannot make enough cash to fund improvements in power...leading to the current power crisis we have. Same thing for fuel...subsides means NNPC is not making a profit to build new refineries.

In Nigeria, we are dependent on sharing revenues from selling raw materials...so who controls the sharing is a big point of fighting...which also fuels corruption. If we removed subsides on power and petroleum...there would be enough investments in power supply and fuel supply that would lead to better industrial development, which would in turn make people vote for less corrupt people whow would make sure EVERYTHING WORKS...because if that does not happen....many jobs would be lost. Yes...did i mention that remving subsides means more jobs for all?? It happened in the gsm sector.

Gotta go to church now...
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by anonymous1759(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2019
Emu4life:
Just look at what this man is saying........ Was it not INEC dat invited them

Did you read the post very well?? The fact you invited someone to your house doesn't mean he'll treat you the way he likes. He said the EU didn't respect them and talk to them without respect. Try and read in between the lines even if you're a pdp supporter. I don't think INEC will do such when they're invited over there. The Americans won't give them that space to cross their boundaries... It's seems we're more United with foreigners who don't give a fuvk about us to ourselves. Nigeria is bad but someone times we've to support our own to gain some respect. Trump is criticise today for taking sides with putin over the FBI and CIA. That's how citizens supposed to act not the opposite.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by jaxxy(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
Hahaha this criminal says INEC shud have condemned EU and others for giving us the right and constructive advice to solve our numerous electoral flaws and issues.

Useless scumbag.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by Magic1: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
sjlssjjs:
YOU WILL LOVE THIS

SEE VIDEOS AND PICTURES BELOW

MUST SEE AND DOWNLOAD VIDEO HERE

Scamming will kill you soonest. Watch out.
Re: 2019 Election: EU, NDI, IRI Interfering In What Is None Of Their Business– Sagay by anonymous1759(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2019
tactius:

1.The cabals could make far more money under removal of subsides than they are making now.

2.The cabals exist because subsidies don't allow them make a profit...so they a) tell lies about how much fuel they import b) smuggle fuel to places like Niger, and Cameroon, where fuel is above n290 per liter....and make a profit.

3.Subsides is why NNPC cannot build and manintain existing refienreis properly...and why they were even forced to negotiate to take loans to do TAM....because you cannot refine fuel at N165 per liter (NNPC estimate) and sell at N145 (the fact that we import most of our fuel pushes up actual cost to over N200). Even when Dangote comes on line...he will be forced to either export fuel, or government removes subsides (Dangote took lots of loans to build his reifiery).

If you build a refieriy and sell the fuel refined below production cost...you are setting oneself up for bankruptcy.

4.Successful countries all over the world don't have much corruption because they are dependent on indistries and investment. They don't waste millions subsidising power and petrol for everyone...so companies can make profit and reinvest in jobs and new facilties. In Nigeria because we virutally subsidse power...DISCOS and GENCOS cannot make enough cash to fund improvements in power...leading to the current power crisis we have. Same thing for fuel...subsides means NNPC is not making a profit to build new refineries.

In Nigeria, we are dependent on sharing revenues from selling raw materials...so who controls the sharing is a big point of fighting...which also fuels corruption. If we removed subsides on power and petroleum...there would be enough investments in power supply and fuel supply that would lead to better industrial development, which would in turn make people vote for less corrupt people whow would make sure EVERYTHING WORKS...because if that does not happen....many jobs would be lost. Yes...did i mention that remving subsides means more jobs for all?? It happened in the gsm sector.

Gotta go to church now...

The fact the Cabals are comfortable with the present situation means things are going their Way. Let me get ready for church.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osigwe: If Lagos Is In Tinubu's Pocket What Then Is Used To Develop The State? / Saraki Moves To Halt His Trial Today Again As Court Of Appeal Issues Hearing Not / Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.