Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? (317 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? by Winner4Life: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2019
The Payment of Tithe is the 1/10th of your harvest and must be made to the Church; but where does monetization of tithe and offering come in?

According to Malachi chapter 3 verse 8, it is necessary to pay 1/10th of your harvest as tithe to God during the harvest season. And God made the promise that bountiful blessings abound by so doing.

Of course this a compulsory obligation that every Christian is supposed to observe. But in contemporary times, the idea of tithing has been monetized. And remember, money, which is equivalent to "mammon" is a tool which the devil uses to sway man away from "being saved" to spiritual destruction.

Let's look at the scripture closely and see if monetization of tithe and offering is justified.

NIV:Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

KJV:And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

NIV:I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty

What I observed mentioned here are harvest from your farms and not money! However in modern times, it is explained that tithes and offerings could be monetized.

The payment of tithe is the major source of revenue for the Church. It is with this most of the Church programmes are funded for the propagation of the 'gospel'. But recently, the tithes and offerings made to some Churches is now used to fund the personal extravagance of some Church Founders and Leaders. The question remains: Who are then the robbers the Book of Malachi chapter 3 verse 8 is talking about?
Re: Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? by Winner4Life: 8:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Should the payment of tithe is be monetized?
Re: Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? by MightySparrow: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2019
Pay it with the formula approved in your local church.
Re: Should The Payment Of Tithe And Offering Be Monetized? by orisa37: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2019
No. Let us all do it the Roman Catholic Way.

(1) (Reply)

Never Seen Before: Tb Joshua’s Early Ministry!!! / Unidentified Young Lady Assaulted To Death Before A Congregation In Benue (reali / Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.