Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane (852 Views)

Abraham Airaodion Honoured In Dubai For Returning N12M Forgotten In His Taxi / Woman Falls Asleep On Air Canada Wakes Up ‘alone’ And ‘locked Up’ On Empty Plane / Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by SIRTee15: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2019
Air Canada passenger says she was forced to organize her own escape from an empty plane in Toronto after flight crews left her asleep in her seat.

Tiffani Adams said the incident, documented in detail on Air Canada’s Facebook page and currently under review by the airline, took place on a June 9 flight from Quebec City to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.

After finding herself in an empty row, Adams said she laid down to sleep less than halfway into the short 90-minute flight. When she woke up, she said she was completely alone in the pitch-black aircraft.

“I wake up around midnight, few hours after [the] flight landed, freezing cold still strapped in my seat in complete darkness,” Adams recalled in the post.

“I attempt to charge my phone by plugging into every USB port I could find—no luck because when they shut the aircraft down there is no power whatsoever… since I can’t charge my phone to call for help I’m full on panicking because I want off this nightmare ASAP.”

Adams said she then made her way to the cockpit, where she attempted to use a radio to call for help, but couldn’t use the plane’s radio without power. She said she eventually found a flashlight and began signaling out of the plane’s windows, hoping to attract attention.

At the same time, she said she found a way to open the plane’s door – but had no way to get down.

“Now I’m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below... I search frantically for a rope so I can climb down to safely. [The] flight attendants seat is right by the door I opened, but the seatbelt is too short to hang from, so back to my distress signals."

Adams, who said the plane was parked far away from the airport terminal, eventually attracted the attention of a baggage attendant who brought a ladder truck to the plane to rescue her.

“He is in shock asking how the heck they left me on the plane,” she wrote.

“I’m wondering the same… when my seat an inch back or my tray [is] down flight crew take notice, but yet you missed a person still strapped into her seat and just all go on home?”

In a statement to CTVNews.ca, an Air Canada spokesperson declined to share any additional details but said the airline is reviewing the incident.

Adams said she was immediately approached by an Air Canada representative on the ground who offered to get her a limo or hotel room. She declined, stating that she just wanted to go home.

A spokesperson said the airline remains in contact with Adams, who said she is still struggling to sleep.

“I haven’t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid I’m alone locked up someplace dark,” she wrote.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada/2019/6/22/1_4478442.html

1 Like

Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by tolugar: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2019
This is not funny but I laughed like hell

I don’t know weather to be happy or sad that it didn’t happen in naija first. Home of awkward events.
Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by ifyalways(f): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2019
She's gonna be rich soon.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by nitrogen(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2019
SIRTee15:
Air Canada passenger says she was forced to organize her own escape from an empty plane in
Adams said she was immediately approached by an Air Canada representative on the ground who offered to get her a limo or hotel room. She declined, stating that she just wanted to go home.

A spokesperson said the airline remains in contact with Adams, who said she is still struggling to sleep.

I haven’t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid I’m alone locked up someplace dark,” she wrote.

This one will be making some good money very soon. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by czarina(f): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2019
The seatmate must be the meanest human ever. This is wrong on all levels. Poor lady!

P. S

Let's hope it wasn't a fully booked flight.
Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by NOC1(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2019
Hahahahhahah, if na for Nigeria they will arrest her and rewrite the story.
It is terrifying I can remember waking up in an unknown place before. was so scared, till I remembered how I got there and walked back to my room in the middle of the night.
It was a Hotel I lodged, was in the VIP bar because I hate loud music can't stay in open bar, I dozed off there and the hotel workers never bothered to wake me up, the even gave me extra chair pillows and duvet cover, only for me to wake up in the middle of the night and was confused and scared, took me minutes before I recognized my environment. Stress is a sleeping pill.
If you have been in her position you will know what she has passed through, the initial fear that will lay hold on you is unimaginable.
Those sitting beside her are wicked.
Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by Kalapizim(m): 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Flight crew were eager to head home grin

1 Like

Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by AngelicBeing: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
She can sue the airline for negligence and rake in some cool dollars grin

1 Like

Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by AlphaCEO: 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
SIRTee15:
Air Canada passenger says she was forced to organize her own escape from an empty plane in Toronto after flight crews left her asleep in her seat.

Tiffani Adams said the incident, documented in detail on Air Canada’s Facebook page and currently under review by the airline, took place on a June 9 flight from Quebec City to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.

After finding herself in an empty row, Adams said she laid down to sleep less than halfway into the short 90-minute flight. When she woke up, she said she was completely alone in the pitch-black aircraft.

“I wake up around midnight, few hours after [the] flight landed, freezing cold still strapped in my seat in complete darkness,” Adams recalled in the post.

“I attempt to charge my phone by plugging into every USB port I could find—no luck because when they shut the aircraft down there is no power whatsoever… since I can’t charge my phone to call for help I’m full on panicking because I want off this nightmare ASAP.”

Adams said she then made her way to the cockpit, where she attempted to use a radio to call for help, but couldn’t use the plane’s radio without power. She said she eventually found a flashlight and began signaling out of the plane’s windows, hoping to attract attention.

At the same time, she said she found a way to open the plane’s door – but had no way to get down.

“Now I’m facing a 40-50ft drop to the pavement below... I search frantically for a rope so I can climb down to safely. [The] flight attendants seat is right by the door I opened, but the seatbelt is too short to hang from, so back to my distress signals."

Adams, who said the plane was parked far away from the airport terminal, eventually attracted the attention of a baggage attendant who brought a ladder truck to the plane to rescue her.

“He is in shock asking how the heck they left me on the plane,” she wrote.

“I’m wondering the same… when my seat an inch back or my tray [is] down flight crew take notice, but yet you missed a person still strapped into her seat and just all go on home?”

In a statement to CTVNews.ca, an Air Canada spokesperson declined to share any additional details but said the airline is reviewing the incident.

“I haven’t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid I’m alone locked up someplace dark,” she wrote.

grin Freakin' scary for a
woman!
Re: Air Canada Passenger Forgotten On Empty Plane by Shopwiiser: 12:30am On Aug 04, 2021
Well being inside an empty plane that's dark shouldn't be really scary.. the real fear is maybe flying to its next destination... assuming borno Maiduguri with you inside still sleeping...then you should fear.. white people are afraid over little things.. such that they have a name for everything.. being afraid of being criticized on Nairaland.. they will call it Nairalandphobia.... Na real wa for who no go school grin

(1) (Reply)

This African Country Has The Most Powerful Passport On The Continent / Relocating / How To Verify A Canada Work Permit Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.