Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police (21493 Views)

Police Recover Ogun House Of Assembly Mace In Lagos / Report Of Imo Assembly Mace Missing After Use In Edo Is False - Dominic Ezerioha / Jonathan Meets Buhari Immediately After National Security Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by dermmy(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Let CIA help una now. Yeye people
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
The person you are looking for is in the Senate....
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
these people are dumber than I thought!
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by MikeBetty(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Police Should Rather Remain Silence, Over This Case Than To Hang Its Dirty Linen Outside. Its A Shame That 1yr And 6mnth Later Police Is Coming Up With This Nonsense. Mace Thief Has Been Compensated With Dsp. The Apc Coup Executor Is There With You Always. Apc Just Reminded Ovi Omoagege Through Police Not To Feel That He Has Arrived.
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by firo08(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Police mumu sha
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by thunderbabs: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Hear those who are to protect you from herdsmen, and bandits. See them dey talk exactly as a Mumu.

Nigeria is a goner
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by icankel: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
upon all the tight security in the House Assembly yet those robbers made away with symbol of Authority. Or those it mean those security operatives were asleep? lol, my country my country
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Some still believe in such country....
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by coputa(m): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
Senator omo agege, a true son of Urhobo, first urhobo deputy Senate president, through him the dividend of democracy is now felt in urhobo land, we need more men with lion heart/ brain to get close to the corridor of power.He saved buhari from being impeached.VP in 2013 loading..

1 Like

Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
cheesy grin grin this gotta be the joke of the decade
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by whiteafrique: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
So this one nah convincing statement for police their mind,police wey dey chain common generator
for their station because of thief.. the only force in the world with 70% illiterate as police officers.
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by macjurek(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
From a Nigeria, my view about this case of Mace snatching and finding within Abuja should be put off ,while the Legislative arm of Government be allowed to cool down and do their work holistically this are distraction from the agrieved people.

I beg all Nigerians that patrotic and honest in nation building, we have to more faster,for bills to be passed in good time and constituencies projects kick starting at both committees levels, which will help and enhance both the executives and judiciary arms likewise,

Thanks, this is my take...............

Engr.Amos Omogege
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Zoogerian234: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
tundemania:
Fifteen months after two suspected thugs allegedly led by Senator Ovie Omo-Agege invaded the Senate chamber and snatched the mace, the police have yet to conclude their investigation into the incident.

Findings in Abuja indicated that the police had been treating the incident as a cold case, believing new information could lead to the indictment of the Deputy Senate President.

The force took Omo-Agege into custody shortly after the incident on April 18, 2018.

He was subsequently released while an investigation was launched into the theft which generated a national uproar.

The lawmaker representing Delta Central was consequently suspended by the Senate for 90 days, but he successfully challenged the resolution in court which ruled that the upper chamber had no powers to suspend him.

The mace was recovered under a flyover near Abuja city gate some hours later where it was abandoned.

Six suspects arrested in connection with the incident were released by the police.

Our correspondent learnt on Saturday that although the case file had been shelved, the investigation “has by no means died.”

A police source said, “The case was dropped because we are yet to apprehend all the thugs who stole the National Assembly’s symbol of authority. Although Omo-Agege was detained briefly in connection with the theft and released on personal recognition, the investigation has not ended or closed.

“It could be revived anytime we have fresh facts or information. So, it is wrong to say the Senator is out of the woods on account of his emergence as Deputy Senate President. We could invite him for interrogation when the need arises; he doesn’t have immunity from criminal prosecution.”

Another source said the testimony of the former Divisional Police Officer in the National Assembly, CSP Abdul Sulu-Gambari, indicting Omo-Agege and others, was part of the evidence linking the suspects to the incident.

Sulu-Gambari in his testimony on May 9 before the joint Senate and House of Representatives ad hoc committee set up to investigate the invasion of the Senate, blamed the incident on the conspiracy among some security agencies and lawmakers.

But Sulu-Gambari was redeployed to Adamawa State while the office of the DPO at National Assembly was placed under the Inspector-General of Police by then IG, Ibrahim Idris.

Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba, did not respond to repeated phone calls for an update on the investigation into the mace theft on Saturday. He had yet to reply a text message sent to him on the matter as of the time of filing this report.

Source; https://maniagist.com/2019/06/23/were-still-after-national-assembly-mace-snatchers-police/

When injustice becomes law.... Resistance becomes a Duty!!! Fellow Nigerians rise up and save our beloved country
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by bighorlus(m): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Really? sad undecided kiss undecided
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by udemzyudex(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
coputa:
Senator omo agege, a true son of Urhobo, first urhobo deputy Senate president, through him the dividend of democracy is now felt in urhobo land, we need more men with lion heart/ brain to get close to the corridor of power.He saved buhari from being impeached.VP in 2013 loading..

Let's see what that DSP will do to your urhobo community in 4 years.

No be to get title, na to make sure the person do him job.
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by coputa(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
udemzyudex:

Let's see what that DSP will do to your urhobo community in 4 years.

No be to get title, na to make sure the person do him job.
He has started already at the grassroot level, he's urhobo voice in the presidency.He's listened to and highly respected.The vice president slot will be handed to him
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by udemzyudex(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
coputa:
He has started already at the grassroot level, he's urhobo voice in the presidency.He's listened to and highly respected.The vice president slot will be handed to him

Be deceiving yourself.
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Tecno66: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jayslicky:
The police should just shut up already, the mastermind behind the maze stealing has been honored by the senate and they are still searching for the criminals, why not arrest omo-agege and get the other criminals, it is either the police are mad or they just want to play with people's head.
Dino Melaye witnessed that Omo Agege is the principal suspect. Let them work on that lead. About them dey worry them?
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by leonardosomto(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jokers! Investigation my foot! Shithole!
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by RexTramadol1: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
guttentag:
Nigeria is Joke... like if you agree

Isn't this sister Lauretta?
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by RexTramadol1: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
macjurek:
From a Nigeria, my view about this case of Mace snatching and finding within Abuja should be put off ,while the Legislative arm of Government be allowed to cool down and do their work holistically this are distraction from the agrieved people.

I beg all Nigerians that patrotic and honest in nation building, we have to more faster,for bills to be passed in good time and constituencies projects kick starting at both committees levels, which will help and enhance both the executives and judiciary arms likewise,

Thanks, this is my take...............

Engr.Amos Omogege

Gbagz master!
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Cholison(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Somebody will carry this burden into history. No matter how high he is promoted and compensated, history will record it that there was a dark day in Nigerian parliament under PMB when the mace was stolen in broad day light and the fighter of corruption could not produce the cul[prits and their sponsors rather he hel[ed to promote them for a job well done. History and posterity on my mind.....................
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by buklarbest: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joke of the day. NIGERIA is indeed a zoo republic
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by ojay2053(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oh why did I find myself in this part of the world. Naso dem dey turn person to zombie. Chai we don suffer . I’ve stopped wishing naija will get better because na headache I Dey give myself. undecided
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Bizibi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2019
Well,most Nigerians are dummies and that is the reason why those in government and security agencies make funny statements.
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Saintp(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
They know what they are doing. Omo Agege is now a slave to the powers that be. The day he decides to do anything contrary is the day the police will do their job on him. See, the govt backs people to break the law so that they can use it against them when the misbehave.

1 Like

Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by guvngige: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
thatigboman:
very funny people

VeryVery VeryVery VeryVery VeryVery funny people
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by SOFTENGR: 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2019
For Jokes, send Police to 419
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by allstarfestus: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigeria is a joke
Re: We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police by Princedapace(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jayslicky:
The police should just shut up already, the mastermind behind the maze stealing has been honored by the senate and they are still searching for the criminals, why not arrest omo-agege and get the other criminals, it is either the police are mad or they just want to play with people's head.

Well, like I said, social media and the internet are our worse enemies. Why?

All we do is rant online, gather likes and share, then sleep. The next day, the useless old fools will do even worse. Las Las, we go apply for Visa to run away from our cowardice. I'm sorry I quoted u, just trying to pass a point, we are are cowards as youths, and our old leaders know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amitolu Shittu: Lawmakers, Ex-governors Behind Illegal Mining In Osun / Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / Fulani Herdsmen invade Ondo Speaker’s farm, destroy cash crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.