Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) (82259 Views)

Trending Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Working In The Rain (Photos) / Gunmen Who Burnt Uzodinma's House Killed 2 Security Aides (Graphic Picture) / Ifeanyichukwu Ibezi Controls Traffic Under The Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Babysheart:
Nice picture though.

A humble Speaker won't let his aides run in the rain though. It's character, not power.

The man inside that car has no control over those boys. He doesn't decide for them how they are to do the job. If he doesn't like it he complains to their superior.
Before they resumed with him, he already had brief about their operation.

His chief of protocol informs the dss about his itinerary and they prepare for it.. He has no direct official communication with those operatives

8 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Tareq1105: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sanromeo:
This photo of security aides to the Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, running after his car inside rain has been making rounds. The photo was taken on his recent visit to Lagos State on Saturday 22nd June, 2019.

What do you think?

What do I think as how?

Are they not on their duty? I do my work and they do theirs. Does anybody has problem with that?

Dey there, instead of you to talk about the allowances they will collect.

3 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Ripama: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
These bloggers sef like to make mountain out of molehills. soldiers are in d cold, rain, hot sun day and night. What's special in this line of duty. I bet they're enjoying it. They've been trained to. Only lazy heads won't.

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Tareq1105: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Adonko:
Do you know how much they are making couple with the free food, drinks, and constant traveling.. Abeg make dem stat rain forever sef ..Na dia hustle.

What is rain?

Water.

I'm ready to stand in the rain all day for their salaries and allowances.

Many youths are looking for the job and you say rain. Rain dey kill?

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Don't mind that lad.

The President of the US is the Number 1 citizen of the world, de facto. And this is because the world today is unipolar, where every possible power resides in the US, from economic strength to military might, to technological superiority.

So you're correct.

Don't mind his yappings about sovereignty or international law and constitution.

cheers!! grin i just want to pick his brains by pretending to be ignorant. The US is the most poweful country on earth.

I agree with you %100000.

He still couldn't lecture me on sovereignty as i requested.
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Oosa4sure: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
That's what the job demand,it's like Awon Abobaku ni yen
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by 3kay945(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Chubhie:
Nothing tactical nor professional about that flanking. The weather basally exposes how unprepared they are. No plan B, No anticipation. Gbaja has shown how detached he will be going forward. No empathy for even his trusted men. How many nuclear warhead codes does he know that hes anticipating snipers to take him out?

grin grin true talk.
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by TANID(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
RedAlert08:

Already mentioned above, yeah
Ok If You're Still On Service May God Would Continue To Protect You And If You're No Longer In Service Thanks For Serving Our Dear Country.

I'm Once A NAF Intelligence!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by tmanuelle(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

Only the President, Vice President or Prime Minister enjoy official cars in European countries and Canada. And they are limited in number to around 4 to 8 cars
In Nigeria the convoy ranges from 8 for a Local Government Chairman to 60 for a Governor,Minister, Senate President or Speaker.

Nigerian leaders just let power intoxicate them.

Name one Nigerian Governor or Minister whose convoy has 25 cars. I am waiting

3 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
tmanuelle:

Name one Nigerian Governor or Minister whose convoy has 25 cars. I am waiting
I have counted close to 50 for Delta State Governor and have you seen Rotimi Amaechi convoy when in Rivers state? He didn't want to downgrade from the convoy he used to move with when he was Rivers State Governor.
Have you travelled outside the country before and seen any western government official that is not a President or Prime Minister move in a convoy or more than 4 cars?

2 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Team Lagos!

Haters go die!

2 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sanders is not even a President yet....just a candidate yet his SS agents stand in the snow and cold and bear out wet precipitation ....just to guard an empty vehicle!

God punish haters of Gbaja.

Team Lagos on the move.....

2 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
The Speaker is on roll....haters can quench!

Team Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
majamajic:
I saw his convoy yesterday morning around airport Ikeja, up to 60 cars !!! about 6 bikes

all the aides are inside car, when there's traffic or almost where they are going that's when they drop,

if I see the job, me go do oo

I see them eating better food as the convoy was moving,
Haba bros.. fear God nah.. 60 cars so how many cars will be in the Senate presidents convoy or Buhari's own if they decide to enter Lagos?
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Team Lagos!

Haters go die!
When it comes to good governance, accountability and transparency you won't compare Nigeria to USA. It is only when it come to perks of office fantastically corrupt politicians and their supporters make comparisons to the greatest civilizations in the world like USA,UK and Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
dumo1:

Haba bros.. fear God nah.. 60 cars so how many cars will be in the Senate presidents convoy or Buhari's own if they decide to enter Lagos?
It is true, you have to witness it to believe it. You should see Delta State Governor or Rotimi Amaechi convoy.

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by GideonVIBES(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Secret service is for US president alone.

I have never seen any convoy for the US senate leader. Never.

So your right up is quite useless.

Sir/Ma

I'll want to make it clear that I'm doing this for knowledge sake, I don't want a keyboard fight. Note; I just saw your comment and felt like helping out.

Nigerians must learn that when one is in an unfamiliar field, you give your opinion and allow those in the field to give their critical objective judgment.

There's nothing out of place in the picture. Special protection procedures are same in virtually every nation, technology makes the only difference.

And to your argument; The U.S. Secret Service doesn't protect the POTUS alone. Their job is to keep the nation's leadership and the succession plan safe - that's aside their anti-counterfeiting job.

They protect the First and second families. Presidents and their spouse have lifelong protection while ex-presidents kids enjoy protection until they're 18 (if they left the Whitehouse as underaged.
The arrangement is partially the same for he second families.

Succession plan; They're charged with protecting the continuity of gov. plan. So, those in Senate leadership and the Speaker and his deputy.
Cabinet sec (Ministers) and head of relevant agencies e.g S.Service Directors.

Finally, Presidential designates; POTUS can direct them to give special protection to anyone he deems necessary.

I hope I helped.

As for the picture, for the second time, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG OR UNPROFESSIONAL IN THE SITUATION.

3 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

When it comes to good governance, accountability and transparency you won't compare Nigeria to USA. It is only when it come to perks of office fantastically corrupt politicians and their supporters make comparisons to the greatest civilizations in the world like USA,UK and Canada.

Situations differ, when the question demands it we look for Best Practice anywhere we can fond it.

The picture is a Best Practice. Deal with it!

3 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
GideonVIBES:

Sir/Ma

I'll want to make it clear that I'm doing this for knowledge sake, I don't want a keyboard fight. Note; I just saw your comment and felt like helping out.

Nigerians must learn that when one is in an unfamiliar field, you give your opinion and allow those in the field to give their critical objective judgment.

There's nothing out of place in the picture. Special protection procedures are same in virtually every nation, technology makes the only difference.

And to your argument; The U.S. Secret Service doesn't protect the POTUS alone. Their job is to keep the nation's leadership and the succession plan safe - that's aside their anti-counterfeiting job.

They protect the First and second families. Presidents and their spouse have lifelong protection while ex-presidents kids enjoy protection until they're 18 (if they left the Whitehouse as underaged.
The arrangement is partially the same for he second families.

Succession plan; They're charged with protecting the continuity of gov. plan. So, those in Senate leadership and the Speaker and his deputy.
Cabinet sec (Ministers) and head of relevant agencies e.g S.Service Directors.

Finally, Presidential designates; POTUS can direct them to give special protection to anyone he deems necessary.

I hope I helped.

As for the picture, for the second time, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG OR UNPROFESSIONAL IN THE SITUATION.

Lol.

I have never seen something so long and wrong.

The Senate president and others aren't protected by the Secret Service, but by the capitol police. 2 different things.

Don't say what you're not sure of.

Read these links.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/04/23/good-question-just-who-gets-secret-service-protection/

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Speaker-of-the-House-or-Senate-Majority-leader-have-special-transportation-and-security-detail-like-the-President-or-Vice-President

Good day

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Situations differ, when the question demands it we look for Best Practice anywhere we can fond it.

Why don't you emulate the best practice by Dutch and Danish Prime Ministers who created some of the greatest civilizations who bike to work when the weather is nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgAnUXbH8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bHkr3QGxfw
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by HeyCorleone(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:

It's not best practice for the Senate President to be flanked by unnecessary security details on a good day. There's no war. He's not receiving an international representative. He's just making his way around town like every normal person. The senate leader of very developed countries do not engage in such frivolities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

It is true, you have to witness it to believe it. You should see Delta State Governor or Rotimi Amaechi convoy.
When Good luck Johnathan was president and he came to Lagos during the Dana plane crash the total vehicles in his fleet plus security details were only 35 in total cos I counted them all. So who come be ordinary speaker not even Senate president wey dey carry 60 vehicles to waka about. You see how we waste resources in this country?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
Akolawole:

Tinubu has become president abi?

What business has Femi has to do with ministerial list?
He is tinubu's godson.

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
They should have used umbrella.

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by majamajic(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
dumo1:

for example u stayed on hold for cars on speed to pass for like 5 mins

how many u think ?

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by GideonVIBES(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Lol.

The Senate president and others aren't protected by the Secret Service, but by the capitol police. 2 different things.

Read these links.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/04/23/good-question-just-who-gets-secret-service-protection/

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Speaker-of-the-House-or-Senate-Majority-leader-have-special-transportation-and-security-detail-like-the-President-or-Vice-President

Good day

Sir/Ma

The second link is an opinion piece.

I hope you wouldn't mind explaining the content of the first link as captured here.

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by majamajic(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
dumo1:

I told u that myself I was surprised, if not that I know the governor car or that the president is not in Lagos, I for no believe it's the Rep guy

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by tegabell(m): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Please can someone add a master's degree to his Bsc degree, if he joins SSS with Bsc

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Lol.

Read these links.

Good day
Bros, I doubt you opened that first link oo, it's totally not in support of your stance.
Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by Uyomeyouyo: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
All I see are envious pigiyistanars... tongue

They wont be whining like this if the Speaker were one of them... grin

Ntooooooor... tongue

1 Like

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
majamajic:

I told u that myself I was surprised, if not that I know the governor car or that the president is not in Lagos, I for no believe it's the Rep guy
Most of the vehicles are that of well wishers, their convoy isn't always that much

3 Likes

Re: Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

Why don't you emulate the best practice by Dutch and Danish Prime Ministers who created some of the greatest civilizations who bike to work when the weather is nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgAnUXbH8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bHkr3QGxfw

Thats their prerogative in those lands. They dont have terrorists.

USA and Nigeria have terrorists and looneys on the prowl looking for high targets to kidnap for political statement.

Their Best Practice in Netherlands and also those bike riders does not apply here for this situation and this day. It may apply other times in futire if for instance Buhari decided to ride bicycle through Abuja....or Gbaja decided he wants to walk through Isale Eko to go see Akiolu.

But as long my Speaker is in a Benz E Class and cruising....US serves as Best Practice!

Team Lagos on the roll...!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ali Nuhu: Hausa Guy Making Waves In Nollywood (igbo) Movies / Aishat Ajoke Akinsanya's House: MC Oluomo Shows Off His Wife's New House / Fresh #EndSARS Protest At Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos - AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.