Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

High Conflict Relationship: A Gusty Pathway To Aggravated Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / High Conflict Relationship: A Gusty Pathway To Aggravated Domestic Violence (260 Views)

Kenny Kehinde's Girlfriend, Precious Chisom Accuses Him Of Domestic Violence / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High Conflict Relationship: A Gusty Pathway To Aggravated Domestic Violence by InsideOjodu(f): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
This is the third and the last part of the write-up on dysfunctional marriage and family.

Inasmuch as my wife and I are not apostles of divorce and separation, it becomes very apparent that “while the theoretical and empirical case for marriage having a beneficial impact on men, women, and children may be strong, surely in some cases spouses and children are better off without one parent in the home. For example, a woman and children may be better off without the father when the father is violent or when the marriage is high conflict (In “Until Death Do You Part: The Effects of Unilateral Divorce on Spousal Homicides,” Economic Inquiry 41 (2003): 163–183, T. S. Dee).

At this point, I will be upfront to say that high conflict marriage relationships have completely escalated the perpetration of domestic violence, thereby leading to emotional trauma, damages to children, injury, and death. For instance, a recent study has found out that “homicides by intimate partners are increasing, driven primarily by gun violence after almost four decades of decline. The number of victims rose to 2,237 in 2017, a 19 percent increase from the 1,875 killed in 2014” (Holson, 2019, Par. 1).

Full article: https://www.mericantimes.com/high-conflict-relationship/

Re: High Conflict Relationship: A Gusty Pathway To Aggravated Domestic Violence by weyreypey: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
You definitely need to clarify what you mean by high Conflict..... with immediate effect

(1) (Reply)

It Takes Time, Hard Work For Marriage To Work- Folashade Ajayi / Does This Reminds You Of Amazing Family Memories? / Honest Drivers Return Cash After Armored Truck Spilled $175,000 Onto Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.