Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis (9234 Views)

Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People / Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers / Adams Oshiomhole On A Voting Queue (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by agwom(m): 7:36am On Jun 24, 2019
National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday, faulted a report claiming that he has constituted himself as godfather of Edo. Speaking to State House reporters in Abuja, he said those accusing him of being the godfather of Edo should produce evidence.

“I am a democrat. That I accept the credit, not only that I fought godfatherism, I launched the one man, one vote campaign to fight against election rigging anywhere in Nigeria and by the special grace of God under PDP with Anenih alive, and at his best, I won all the 18 local government areas and I won 95 percent of the total votes cast in my second term election. “So, Edo people know me and I know them. I don’t need shortcut to sustain my position in the system. But you know that there is nobody in Nigeria who is not open to accusations. The important thing is that he who accuses should give you evidence,” he said. He described the political scenario in Edo as celebration of rule of law, saying “how can I be a governor physically presiding over people who are more endowed than me? “But with the law on my side, people take a bow because the law protects me. So it’s about rule of law.

You know the law provides for how the House should be proclaimed transparently the day it’s announced. Members-elect are informed of date and time for inauguration. These are clearly spelt out in the Nigerian constitution,” he said. Recalling how President Muhammadu Buhari proclaimed the National Assembly, he said the president issued it, “because he is obliged by the constitution to do so, whether he likes it or not and he did.” “He did it transparently. He has led us by example. For me, it’s very embarrassing if any state governor, particularly of APC extraction, will do anything that is less than what the constitution says and the example that our president has set.

“So, you know that what happened in Edo was that they did not publicize a proclamation letter; the members were not informed, they did the inauguration at 9:30pm in what in a Supreme Court judgement call nocturnal hours. “Business of parliament is done transparently; they are not secret cult. Now, you have a 24-member House: 19 members protested. You have six and you carry people in their short knickers. Even in the House they have rules, the dress code. So, it happened in Edo, it has happened in Bauchi.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/assembly-crisis-im-not-edo-godfather-oshiomhole.html

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by aolawale025: 7:39am On Jun 24, 2019
An APC man still emerged. Except he has a particular candidate and motive. Why blowing hot about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Hector09(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2019
Lol osho is losing it in his own state, they said charity begings at home bt for osho it begins frm abj

11 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by dukie25: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2019
Go and die, that's Obaseki's message to you.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by tos4u(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2019
Me only rely on GOD THE FATHER ALWAYS....... QED

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Bella55555(f): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are you seeing what I'm saw
Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Auxtin85(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2019
This man can cause confusion, he is worse than Buhari

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Mtchew. Who's this dwarf in Edo state

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by MrBONE2(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2019
dukie25:
Go and die, that's Obaseki's message to you.

You dont mean it grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by stormtrooper: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone!
Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by ShitHead(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Fight never start, this horn.y frog don dey run.

You must be Edo godfather!!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Isoduwa(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Enter house before Buhari reason you

You know say he head Nor dey Nigerian na London he dey

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by armadeo(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2019
Lol. Who no know no know
Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by OpinionCounts(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2019
Why do past governors always want to control the political and executive affairs of their states even to the detriment of the present governor.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by QTEST007(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2019
Go and die

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by YenYo: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2019
cheesy

Edo puff daddy.

What's the update about his wife,hope she is pregnant?
That foreign lady must not be allowed to leave this country without we Nigerians seeing a development in her womb. kiss

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by limeta(f): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2019
No harm in trying
But you cant be.
Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Maliqcious: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2019
Do U mean...He's Satan incarnate
Auxtin85:
This man can cause confusion, he is worse than Buhari

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by opribo(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2019
What is wrong with this man again? I think this apc chairmanship thing driving Not for he is trying so hard to impress his foreign investment in Edo.

Well, Edo people know exactly what to do.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by jared007: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2019
Yea he fought the godfather publicly but there was rumour that the same godfather was supporting him privately?

He was an apostle of "one man, one vote" but did he really practise it in his re-election bid that year?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by Enosa1(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2019
This man is losing it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by karma2000: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2019
Karma would judge him accordingly if he is lying
Re: I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis by ezenna191(m): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2019
You want to be godfather sir, so you have influenced into office those causing the crises in Edo including your blood brother. Please sir remove your toga of labour leader comradeship and dress properly as National Party Chairman. For crying out loud, have you not embarrassed yourself and your party enough. Losing many states out of administrative recklessness,personal interest and myopic quest only put your integrity on the line. Think about it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See List Of Top 15 Universities In Nigeria According To 2024 Times World Ranking / House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal / Lockdown To Be Withdrawn In Lagos Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.