Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People (28968 Views)

Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole On Collision Course Over NDDC MD Job / Adams Oshiomhole On His Way Back To Nigeria, Ready To Face Accusers / Adams Oshiomhole On A Voting Queue (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by LosC: 12:49am On Mar 04, 2020
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has described the arguments that votes in the Imo State governorship election that gave victory to Senator Hope Uzodinma was more that validly registered votes as “an assumption which is not supported by fact.”

By Clever Advertising According to Oshiomhole, what Nigerians should rather worry about is to see amendment to laws that will ensure candidate who was rejected by the electorate does not find his way to the government house, aided by the court.

The APC National Chairman pointed out that lawyers to the applicants failed to provide evidence that the votes declared for Uzodinma was more than the registered votes in court. Oshiomhole spoke to State House Correspondents after his brief visit to President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.

The former Edo State Governor said, “You have made an assumption, which is not supported by fact, mainly by the speculation and the roadside talks by some elements in PDP, suggesting that there was over-voting if you add the votes that were ignored.

“Those are not proven because if they were, it was up to their counsel to provide evidence that it was more than the registered votes, not to go and say it on television.

“Matters before the court are canvassed before the court. Issues not raised in the court cannot be raised on television. I assume your question is informed by those uninformed, self-serving speculations. They don’t merit my reaction.

“What I think that we must discuss as a people, which concerns you and I as Nigerians, who believe in democracy, is that the law should be amended, such that no matter what happens, when people have voted, they cannot be dismissed as ‘April Fool’.

“You can’t say that although you have voted, and at the time you did so, you voted in good faith, believing that the candidates before you on parade were competent to be so paraded and as a Nigerian voter you voted, then at some other time some other person tells you that the man you voted for is not qualified either because of error in his name or because of chieftaincy title or whatever reason as to lead to disqualification, that cannot be the reason why a man who was rejected by the electorate would be imposed on the electorate.

“Courts should not impose. If the court finds out that the preferred candidate did not win, for me the only democratic option, legal option will be to repeat the exercise.

“Nothing should empower the court to impose a man rejected by the people, on the people. That goes to the heart of democracy and it destroys the fabric of our democratic process.

“So in amending the Electoral Act, one of the things I’ll like to see the parliament do and we are going to make a representation, is that in the unlikely event that the people have voted in good faith, for a candidate that was validly put before them by INEC, and looking at the faces of the candidates they opted for a particular one, if anybody has any issue with that one that the people prefer and has won, the court cannot impose the person that was rejected.

“The very best the court can do is to order that the exercise be repeated because in a democracy, nobody, other than the people, can choose who governs them, not the courts. For me this is fundamental when it comes to who actually won the election.

“The issue of whether Muhammed, Muhammadu or Momoh, whether they are one and the same person is too technical for the real electorate to bother about, when there are no two people parading themselves as to suggest whether there’s a case of impersonation. This system should not be determined by technicalities.

“At the heart of every judicial pronouncement on elections must be who actually won the majority of lawful votes and if for any reason they found themselves compelled to nullify that person, they should not be empowered to award governorship to a man rejected by the electorate, otherwise, what is democracy about?

“Now, the man in Bayelsa is going to govern a state that did not mandate him, purely on technical grounds. Nations are not governed by technicalities, they are governed by people popularly elected. That is the democracy we chose. This is not partisan issue at all, it’s about democracy. Court cannot impose losers as winners, for me it’s too fundamental.

“They must take advantage of the amendment to make it impossible for anyone to be so imposed on the basis of technicalities.

“We can do a rerun 10 times, but only the man popularly elected can govern, otherwise, in a democracy, as they say, the people deserve the government that they have. In this case you are going to have a government didn’t vote for superintending over your resources and presiding over your life. I think that is the kind of amendment I’ll like to see.

“It is not true that the votes Uzodinma were more than the accredited votes, those are PDP propaganda.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/03/ihedioha-vs-uzodinma-court-shouldnt-impose-governors-on-people-oshiomhole/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by edoairways: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2020
They better amend the entire electoral laws including the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Scream(m): 1:38am On Mar 04, 2020
Does Oshiomhole listen himself?

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by lilprinze: 1:55am On Mar 04, 2020
Says someone who also became a governor through the court, when the State election tribunal nullified the election of Oserheimen Osunbor, and declared Oshiomhole the winner, On 11th November 2008.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by NothingDoMe: 2:17am On Mar 04, 2020
Useless laws made for the protection of our corrupt and clueless politicians for them to excel in their malfeasance and malpractices.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by famology(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2020
Lots of amendments are needed.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by PureGoldh(m): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2020
Let the best man still win...In Nigeria,People will stand under the sun to cast their votes...the babanla's will stay indoor and select who they want for the people...SMH in dismay.

We gather dey Sha...If you need Pure Original Honey...call/Whatsapp 081 016 667 71 Thank you..9ja na our own...Las Las we go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
See whos talking ...

Thw dwarf fighting to be kingmaker in edo ...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Kazeem2222(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
APC and their propaganda... Ihedioha should have remained... So better listen to Sugarboy new music below and forget about Nigeria problems;

https://abegabeg.com/download-music-sugarboy-kowope/
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by rummmy: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
G
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by helinues: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2020
Why can't this loud mouthed Oshiomole let the sleeping dog lies.. The judgement is in your party's favour..

And this same Oshiomole got his mandate through same court oo

Which kind of hypocrisy talk be this?...

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020

You can’t say that although you have voted, and at the time you did so, you voted in good faith, believing that the candidates before you on parade were competent to be so paraded and as a Nigerian voter you voted, then at some other time some other person tells you that the man you voted for is not qualified either because of error in his name or because of chieftaincy title or whatever reason as to lead to disqualification, that cannot be the reason why a man who was rejected by the electorate would be imposed on the electorate. 

“Courts should not impose. If the court finds out that the preferred candidate did not win, for me the only democratic option, legal option will be to repeat the exercise. 

“Nothing should empower the court to impose a man rejected by the people, on the people. That goes to the heart of democracy and it destroys the fabric of our democratic process. 
these are true words up there only pigs will disagree, if ur name na pig, quote me. along wit ur overzealous bald head here

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by OnpointDesign(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
cool
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by mascot87(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
I need deliverance.
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by DModeCntStopMe: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
shocked

This monkey looking scoundrel should park one side abeg

See the thief using "Nigerians", "voters" everywhere as if he is part of us

All the votes we have been voting, what positive impact have they made in our daily lives and survival if not hardship, suffering and more suffering

Was it not the same vote that gave us the world's most lifeless person to ever occupy the seat of power in the history of mankind

I don't blame him, I blame those that created this zoohole where nothing has ever worked

In saner climes, those interviewing him would've peltered him with stones

Condemned criminal

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Perfecttouchade: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Ok...Paw patrol to the rescue

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by SoNature(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
The guys above didn't even read the article

OSHIOMHOLE made perfect sense!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by slickbak(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People
....but party chairman should.

If Oshiomole get chance he'll be annointing election candidates even in his wife's country.

Ultimate shorty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by chinjo(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2020
The same way you were imposed on the good people of EDO state abi?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Austineva(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Crazy being

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by NORSYK(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Oshomhole is a clown, Oshomhole and the cabal ordered imam tanko to deliver Uzodinma by all means.
And the clown is here saying Ihedioha's legal team didn't prove to court that Uzodinma got votes more than the registered voters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Wuuworld(m): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2020
A Local Government Chairman here can't do this.
All you guys do is to show us pepper and impose rulers on us.

Chineke kpoo unu Oku.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Ayoswit(f): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2020
undecided
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by TRUSTEDGUY: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
grin
But APC can impose leadership on people abi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by toogbasky(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
lilprinze:
Says someone who also became a governor through the court, when the State election tribunal nullified the election of Oserheimen Osunbor, and declared Oshiomhole the winner, On 11th November 2008.
That doesn’t stop him from speaking the truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by chiemmanuel(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
IF By oshiomole explanation, then ihedioha should remain as the governor, because he was the people choice, Hope became Governor by technicalities,
What is food for the goose is food for the gander

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by JetStar: 9:02am On Mar 04, 2020
But the court should impose presidents on people. Ndi ara.

when the tide favors you, you don't complain, but if it doesn't it feels like the court is imposing governors on people. Rubbish oshiomole. where is Obaseki sef? Please come and deal with this guy with a bald head from Edo state. Nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Kingpele(m): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
smiley osha baba the law giver but on a serious note both IMO and bayalse is very painful to me, how can u impose on people who they rejected in the polls, just because you call yourself a judge... I refuse to go out to vote last Saturday in enugu elections even though my friend was among the candidates.. My reasons was simple, I can't stress myself under the heat and sun to vote and later one judge will come and removed the winner and impose the loser on me... And I don't think am voting in future let the supreme court do the voting period... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by sofiscatedmoron: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
angry
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2020
But you should ba
Re: Oshiomhole On Ihedioha Vs Uzodinma: Court Shouldn’t Impose Governors On People by solmus: 9:04am On Mar 04, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal / Atiku: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President / PDP, Governors Tackle Buhari Over Attack On Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yar’Adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.