Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? (1560 Views)

How To Handle Multiple Job Offers / Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. / How I Got 3 Job Offers At The Same Time! (Job Hunting Tips You Need To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2019
I am having a dilemma at hand. I have three job offers before me to choose from in 7 days!

First, I have been jobless for more exactly two years now. Last year I spoke with a friend we served together about my situation and he invited me to come stay with him in Lagos and try my luck in securing a job. So February last year I joined him in Lagos, started off with job hunting, before Two weeks my resources ran dry. Fortunately for us, he was staying in his parents house not paying rents (parents are in Abuja). February this year his elder brother was transfered to Lagos with his family (He work with a government security agency). The Bros saw how the two of us has been idle and he wasn't happy with it, so when I get invites for a job interview, the Bros supports me with transport fare and some confidence.

After many tries he called me and told me he wants to buy a car that I be using for Uber/Taxify that I will be giving return of 20,000 weekly against the 25-30k norms. I was overjoyed and thank him, he told me to go source for a car I'll like to use for the business then get back to him. Now he's bought the car, and gave me 30k to go make a drivers license, the very day he gave me the money I got a congratulatory message from one of the company I applied to come for offer letter, went there and the offer was 78k to be accepted or rejected before 30th June. On my way home I got a call for an HR job I did an interview with almost two months ago to come for documentation, got there the next day and was offered the job with 104k net.

Now I don't know which and what to DO!!! This one pass me aswerugad. Please Mods help push this to front-page and help me get suggestions please.

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by mikeayus(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2019
You should weigh your options and pick the one that beat suits your career goals.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Samyj247: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2019
Perkins1:
I am having a dilemma at hand. I have three job offers before me to choose from in 7 days!

First, I have been jobless for more exactly two years now. Last year I spoke with a friend we served together about my situation and he invited me to come stay with him in Lagos and try my luck in securing a job. So February last year I joined him in Lagos, started off with job hunting, before Two weeks my resources ran dry. Fortunately for us, he was staying in his parents house not paying rents (parents are in Abuja). February this year his elder brother was transfered to Lagos with his family (He work with a government security agency). The Bros saw how the two of us has been idle and he wasn't happy with it, so when I get invites for a job interview, the Bros supports me with transport fare and some confidence.

After many tries he called me and told me he wants to buy a car that I be using for Uber/Taxify that I will be giving return of 20,000 weekly against the 25-30k norms. I was overjoyed and thank him, he told me to go source for a car I'll like to use for the business then get back to him. Now he's bought the car, and gave me 30k to go make a drivers license, the very day he gave me the money I got a congratulatory message from one of the company I applied to come for offer letter, went there and the offer was 78k to be accepted or rejected before 30th June. On my way home I got a call for an HR job I did an interview with almost two months ago to come for documentation, got there the next day and was offered the job with 104k net.

Now I don't know which and what to DO!!! This one pass me aswerugad. Please Mods help push this to front-page and help me get suggestions please.

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
go for the 104k job if u don't want container to fall on u while driving that car.

4 Likes

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by sanny1(m): 8:44am On Jun 24, 2019
104K prefered. but bros what kind job be dt.

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by decub: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2019
Perkins1:

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
First thing first, discuss the job offers with the man that offered to buy you a car for Uber; accord him that respect.

For me, it's a win win for everyone. Since you are most likely going for a career, throw the option of sourcing for someone else (with integrity) who needs a job (like you once did) so he can take up the Uber job (you've taken one job seeker off the street).

On the 2 job offers: not all higher paying jobs are worth it. Look at both offers, weigh in on job security, job satisfaction, probable monthly expenditure, proximity, potentials of the company, and most importantly; career. The difference is 26k but there are jobs you will spend the 26k on the direct/indirect stress that come along with it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2019
sanny1:
104K prefered. but bros what kind job be dt.

An HR job

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 10:47am On Jun 24, 2019
Samyj247:
go for the 104k job if u don't want container to fall on u while driving that car.

� bro you're quite funny but made some serious sense.

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2019
decub:

First thing first, discuss the job offers with the man that offered to buy you a car for Uber; accord him that respect.

For me, it's a win win for everyone. Since you are most likely going for a career, throw the option of sourcing for someone else (with integrity) who needs a job (like you once did) so he can take up the Uber job (you've taken one job seeker off the street).

On the 2 job offers: not all higher paying jobs are worth it. Look at both offers, weigh in on job security, job satisfaction, probable monthly expenditure, proximity, potentials of the company, and most importantly; career. The difference is 26k but there are jobs you will spend the 26k on the direct/indirect stress that come along with it.

Discussing with him is not a big deal, after all he deserves to know my inputs paid off after all the walking and preparations. Now the big scare is, I stay in their house, and he has already bought this car just so I could be productive. If I turn it down, and he ask me to go look for another place to stay, where will I stay and be doing this paid jobs?!! OMG just too much on my head!

3 Likes

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2019
mikeayus:
You should weigh your options and pick the one that beat suits your career goals.

The one that actually suits my career path is the 78k because it's got better job security too. But!

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by mikeayus(m): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2019
Perkins1:

The one that actually suits my career path is the 78k because it's got better job security too. But!

But what? You need to start with a job that would give you the experience needed to get better offers in a year or less
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by decub: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Perkins1:

Discussing with him is not a big deal, after all he deserves to know my inputs paid off after all the walking and preparations. Now the big scare is, I stay in their house, and he has already bought this car just so I could be productive. If I turn it down, and he ask me to go look for another place to stay, where will I stay and be doing this paid jobs?!! OMG just too much on my head!
Don't conclude yet and I don't think he would send you out for that reason. Just let him understand the dilemma and allow him advise. My kinda person would appreciate the fact that your hustle paid off, at least, it shows you want to be independent. However, if the best option is to do the Uber thing, I don't think it's bad decision; in my opinion. I understand the situation and how it feels but you can't be too sure; don't blackmail yourself emotionally yet.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
decub:

Don't conclude yet and I don't think he would send you out for that reason. Just let him understand the dilemma and allow him advise. My kinda person would appreciate the fact that your hustle paid off, at least, it shows you want to be independent. However, if the best option is to do the Uber thing, I don't think it's bad decision; in my opinion. I understand the situation and how it feels but you can't be too sure; don't blackmail yourself emotionally yet.

Thank you so much sir. I'm glad to have come up close to persons like you here. I'll let him know about it tomorrow when he returns from work. What will be will be.

2 Likes

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Mods please help me push this. Its a matter of conscience against career part.

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by hazel01(f): 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
Perkins1:
Mods please help me push this. Its a matter of conscience against career part.
so,what did your uncle say?
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 26, 2019
Anyone is your call. They say uber is a lucrative business.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Slyle(m): 2:38am On Jun 26, 2019
I dunno how lucrative Uber is, but you said 25-30k is the norm and he is willing to take 20k. Let's assume you make 25k and remit 20k weekly calculate 5k x the number of working days.
Better still test run the 78k job for a month and see demanding or time consuming it will then take up the uber as you side hustle. My 2cent
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2019
Good morning,

Thanks so much for giving me a heads up on the subject matter. I just finished speaking with him this morning in the presence of his wife and my friend (His brother). Took alot of courage but yes I did!
After explaining situations and showed him the appointment letters. His wife was first to say congratulations, I'm happy for you Perk. I couldn't believe it. He now asked, what are you going to do now the car is here and the drivers license money paid. I told him I haven't applied for it yet, but the money has gone down to 27k because I used from it for transport to those places. Looks in his face wasn't sure, so he said to his wife, this is your business, sort it out I'll see you all by evening.

That was it.

I was with the wife and my host, the wife said go and pray about what you want before my husband comes, I believe God will show you what is right, just don't bother your head. We are with you. So I and my friend was outside discussing and he told me to pick the 104k job because Uber driving might not give me satisfaction since I will always reminisce on how I left a big pay for it. So now, I don't really know how to pray (Long prayers) but I'm sure by evening, I might figure something out. I've spoken to my elder sister and she said I should shun everything and pick the Uber driving thing because no matter what, if they were not there for me, I wouldn't be talking about choices.

Local Man is tired jor. As in... Tired.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by MhizLewa(f): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Perkins1:
Good morning,

Thanks so much for giving me a heads up on the subject matter. I just finished speaking with him this morning in the presence of his wife and my friend (His brother). Took alot of courage but yes I did!
After explaining situations and showed him the appointment letters. His wife was first to say congratulations, I'm happy for you Perk. I couldn't believe it. He now asked, what are you going to do now the car is here and the drivers license money paid. I told him I haven't applied for it yet, but the money has gone down to 27k because I used from it for transport to those places. Looks in his face wasn't sure, so he said to his wife, this is your business, sort it out I'll see you all by evening.

That was it.

I was with the wife and my host, the wife said go and pray about what you want before my husband comes, I believe God will show you what is right, just don't bother your head. We are with you. So I and my friend was outside discussing abs he told me to pick the 104k job because Uber driving might not give me satisfaction since I will always reminisce on how I left a big pay for it. So now, I don't really know how to pray (Long prayers) but I'm sure by evening, I might figure something out. I've spoken to my elder sister and she said I should shun everything and pick the Uber driving thing because no matter what, if they were not there for me, I wouldn't be talking about choices.

Local Man is tired jor. As in... Tired.

Firstly, accept my congratulations bro. I am happy for u. On the other hand, Please how did u do it sir? Getting multiple job offers in this Lagos? ....please help me out, I do not have any connections and have been seeking for good jobs in lagos on merit based. I am under-employed with a 1st class and an ACA in view. I have applied online to several high payin jobs but no positive result yet.

Did u go thru job recruitin firms? Please help me.....How did you do it?

1 Like

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Brother, I'd advise you to take the 78k job because of what you said about it. lf you're not too tired during weekends, you can hustle with the car (wake up early because of those coming back from club house, going to the Airport and all sorts and return back home before mid day, sleep and do your laundry before heading out in the evening) that's if the job doesn't zap all your energy. I have read on the Uber partner /drivers section of how some drivers met destiny helpers while driving on uber, some got connected to good jobs, some were able to push their business ideas to their riders and it worked, though not everybody had that sort of luck .
If you apply for a drivers license now, it won't be ready till early August because of the driving school certificate palava. May the Good Lord lead you through.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
MhizLewa:

Firstly, accept my congratulations bro. I am happy for u. On the other hand, Please how did u do it sir? Getting multiple job offers in this Lagos? ....please help me out, I do not have any connections and have been seeking for good jobs in lagos on merit based. I am under-employed with a 1st class and an ACA in view. I have applied online to several high payin jobs but no positive result yet.

Did u go thru job recruitin firms? Please help me.....How did you do it? 08130099929 is my whatsapp sir.....

Thanks for the goodwill wishes. And nope I don't have any connection(s) so far and I won't act like its easy. Never it wasn't easy, but my drive didn't diminished, I ensured I go out like others almost everyday just to go apply for jobs, I was new in town and I lost my way several times but with help of Google Maps and some technicalities I was able to make it home those times.
I didnt go through any recruiter or agency, before these offers, I had turned down two energy draining jobs with shamble pay. Yes I have. One was a marketing job in an MFB with 37k salary.

Again... I'll asked you,
How much will you rate your CV?
What do you do with your time after work?
Are you maximising your internet bundle usage?
Are you open to talking to people about your dire need of change of job?

Anyway, I'm not a motivational speaker, but I can guarantee you, with consistency and an open mind, something will land on your desk for you.

Thanks.
Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Perkins1: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Brother, I'd advise you to take the 78k job because of what you said about it. lf you're not too tired during weekends, you can hustle with the car (wake up early because of those coming back from club house, going to the Airport and all sorts and return back home before mid day, sleep and do your laundry before heading out in the evening) that's if the job doesn't zap all your energy. I have read on the Uber partner /drivers section of how some drivers met destiny helpers while driving on uber, some got connected to good jobs, some were able to push their business ideas to their riders and it worked, though not everybody had that sort of luck .
If you apply for a drivers license now, it won't be ready till early August because of the driving school certificate palava. May the Good Lord lead you through.

Thank Baba. I frankly like your input, yes I'm a Nairalander with interest on the uber thread too. I've been learning since it was my plan A before this whole thing. Meanwhile, the look on my bros face this morning when I had a talk with the family didn't look bright but I can't say for sure. Like my sister said, if they didn't take a chance with me, I wouldn't be talking about choices. Those words.... Those words bro.

I'll talk with him tomorrow sha.

2 Likes

Re: Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
Perkins1:

Thank Baba. I frankly like your input, yes I'm a Nairalander with interest on the uber thread too. I've been learning since it was my plan A before this whole thing. Meanwhile, the look on my bros face this morning when I had a talk with the family didn't look bright but I can't say for sure. Like my sister said, if they didn't take a chance with me, I wouldn't be talking about choices. Those words.... Those words bro.

I'll talk with him tomorrow sha.

And the thread ended.

Your sisters advice is conscience centered, it's not practical. Business is on its head sometimes but no one tells you this.

Why, Nigeria of today needs a paid job to survive. HR is not a tedious department to work with in most companies. That's your best job there.

Since June, I hope you made the best choice.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies In Nigeria. Job Vacancy Nigeria. Job Vacancy Lagos, Nigeria / When Is D Best Time To Join The Nigerian Army? / Nebosh Courses Offer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.