Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. (1085 Views)

How To Handle Multiple Job Offers / Three Job Offers!! Which Do I Chose? / How I Got 3 Job Offers At The Same Time! (Job Hunting Tips You Need To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Dear NL family.
I have NEVER found myself in this kind of a messy situation.

I left my old job to experiment with working from home because of COVID. In addition, I had young children and my mom to take care of. Now, I am free to go back to working away from home.

I put my resume out on a job search website and BOOM! My email box EXPLODED! I was very excited until job offers started crawling out of the air and I interviewed for 5 before I SNOOZED my resume button. I have over 20 years experience in this field and very much in demand.

To cut long story short. I got all 5 offers in ONE WEEK! Greedy me! I have said yes to THREE! I am too scared to contact the other 2 with the offer letters sitting in my email box.

To make matters worse, my old job has offered my my old position back with a bonus peck. I saw my former boss’s missed call and dodged it. Too scared to even listen to her message.

The difference in salary and benefits vary.

After the initial confusion and discussion with a few family members and friends, I decided to pick the best one for me.

Why am I feeling guilty?

How do I say NO to prospective employers after saying YES? Will I be blacklisted for saying no? What are your experiences in this situation? Please share.

H-E-L-P!

I am to start ALL 3 accepted offers within the next month.

Sincerely,

GREEDILY ANXIOUS KANNY. cry

4 Likes

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
In my best defense, I did not know the best ones would come last. What if they never contacted me?

Now, all have contacted me, I feel bad writing to those I will have to reject. They have already welcomed me as their “team member”. Now, I have to “ghost” them? undecided

What kinds of excuses could I give to avoid burning bridges?

Which kain unprofessional wahala be dis?
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by Simplyfun: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
We are in the same boat currently. Also have two job offer I am weighing and I don't know which one to pick right now. Both company hr are calling me daily for resumption even I still got a call today from them. Las las just settle for the one with good package. Though some job might come with nice package but they won't give someone rest of mind. I don't know if you know where I am driving to.

Well, for me I have decided to go with the one with good package. Afterall na money we are all looking for lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by HappyPagan: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
In my best defense, I did not know the best ones would come last. What if they never contacted me?

Now, all have contacted me, I feel bad writing to those I will have to reject. They have already welcomed me as their “team member”. Now, I have to “ghost” them? undecided

What kinds of excuses could I give to avoid burning bridges?

Which kain unprofessional wahala be dis?
Companies no dey feel bad when Dem dey sack person. No bridge burnt... Na bridge you dey build for your own life matter pass. Drop the sentiments, and pick one.. you can try dice.

2 Likes

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
HappyPagan:

Companies no dey feel bad when Dem dey sack person. No bridge burnt... Na bridge you dey build for your own life matter pass. Drop the sentiments, and pick one.. you can try dice.

True word! cheesy

My old job was with people I know. Good manager. I know all dem wahala.

These new ones have a loooooot of great benefits. Plus housing assistance. They are asking for 1 year commitment. If you leave, you pay the money back. The money tooooo big with looooots of perks. Ivy League stuff. Better than my old job setting.

2 Likes

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tell us about your profession
KanwuliaExtra:

True word! cheesy

These new ones have a loooooot of great benefits. Plus housing assistance. They are asking for 1 year commitment. If you leave, you pay the money back. The money tooooo big with looooots of perks. Ivy League stuff. Better than my old job setting.

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by Mom007(f): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hummm
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by Mom007(f): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Just do them a polite mail stating you have an emergency and cannot resume as promised. The sooner you do this, the better so they can look for someone else. Then you are free to proceed with the job of your choice.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
Tell us about your profession

Healthcare. wink
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2022
I have done my research and I decided to take this advice.

Bharti Goel
·
Follow
Head, New Initiatives | Training & Recruitment (2018–present)Updated Jun 11

Ideally, it is ethically wrong. You should double-check if the new offer is really better or not?

This is also a very subjective thing. It depends upon you rather than anyone else who can tell.

However, If I were you I would prefer to join the company I had already committed to. Sometimes some sacrifice gives you enough satisfaction in life. Finally, this must be your call.

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by eyinjuege: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

True word! cheesy

Take the one with lots of perks, provided the working hours and conditions favour you.
That means you can only go higher, even if you decide to leave them after a year.
A year isn't that long. We're almost in mid October already, and we just entered 2022 when?
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
eyinjuege:

Take the one with lots of perks, provided the working hours and conditions favour you.
That means you can only go higher, even if you decide to leave them after a year.
A year isn't that long. We're almost in mid October already, and we just entered 2022 when?

Yesssssoh! One year is not far off.
Thanks.
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2022
So, how did it go?

@ KanwuliaExtra?
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2022
InyinyaAgbaOku:
So, how did it go?

@ KanwuliaExtra?

OMG!!!!

1. I quit job #1 after 1 month.
I got there to find out the schedule was horrible.
This employer will never hire me again and I don’t intend to go back either!❤️

2. I am 6 weeks at job #2. I collected the first part of my sign on bonus check today.

3. I rescinded my offer for job #3 after cancelling 2 scheduled orientation sessions. That employer will never hire me for sure.

4. So, I will end up working with job # 2 and my old job for a while, but plan on leaving job #2 after my contract and sticking with my old job in the future.

Back to SQUARE 1. cry

My old boss and co-workers are already celebrating with sending me text messages of “welcome back home”. cheesy

Infact my old boss called me today to expect my offer letter this week.

As soon as I receive it. . . . I will do both for a while till I get tired then decide when to quit this last one and kept ONLY MY OLD JOB.

E nor work at all. I miss my old job.❤️
Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41am On Feb 08, 2023
After 4 months. . . . I went back to my old job.
Boy! Feels good to be back.
The grass is truly not greener on the outside.
I collected all the benefits and left. I did no last 90 days in any of them. I really did not like the environments.
I plan to retire here for real. cool

1 Like

Re: Panicked! I Accepted 3 Job Offers. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
I missssssed this cafeteria gaaaaan!

See how human beings live WITH DIGNITY!

If Nigeria May, EFRY WHIA go dey smell so-so piss, ARMPIT, arzzzzzze, vomit, shyte and sweat!

Tufiakwa! cry

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Build Up A Career As A Cad Engineer? / Spdc / How Soon Are Gmat Scores Released After U Take The Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.