Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. (3675 Views)

3 Years Vehicle Licence Overdue / Vehicle Licence Cost / Autoreg:vehicle Licence, Hackney Permit And Insurance (2) (3) (4)

What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by silvoice(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2019
what happens if you don't renew your vehicle licence after a year. are you to pay double the following year or they'd by pass that year.
mine is 7)months behind. i just don't feel like renewing it now since they authority is delaying issuing my Driver's license renewal which i did for over 3months now. i wonder
what is delaying the card. Check my application status online, it says "payment confirmed"
licensing officers pls answer me"
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by biggiyke(m): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
any day you finally decide to renew your vehicle papers, you will have to pay the full arrears for license only. other charges like road worthiness and insurance will start from the day you renew.

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by silvoice(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
biggiyke:
any day you finally decide to renew your vehicle papers, you will have to pay the full arrears for license only. other charges like road worthiness and insurance will start from the day you renew.
ok thanks
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by sirblend: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2020
biggiyke:

Good morning bro.

My drivers license expired a long time ago.
Please how much do you think it will cost me to renew it.
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by duality(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
biggiyke:

So those people whose cars are packed a mechanic village with owner yet to figure out what to do with the cars, will pay for license?
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by demoBaba: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
duality:

So those people whose cars are packed a mechanic village with owner yet to figure out what to do with the cars, will pay for license?

Don't mind him jare......

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by HenryWilliams(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
duality:

Yes.

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by adubam(m): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
biggiyke:

There's nothing like arrears in renewing your papers. It starts counting from the day you pay for the fresh papers.
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by Evolution12: 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
adubam:

There's nothing like arrears in renewing your papers. It starts counting from the day you pay for the fresh papers.
there is arrears for vehicle licence only, others starts from day of renewal.

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by diportivo: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
adubam:

apparently

you do not reside in lagos

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by Peppermintflav: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
The day I went to renew papers for a Honda Hala parked for 3years, I was told to pay for those years the car was parked. I found it hard to comprehend, but that's what it is.
This country tire person.
....So I deviced a way. @OP as yours is 7months gone, what you will do is to get a cover note. It's free. Every month you renew the cover note pending when you are ready to renew the papers. Just give them money they will start from tthat month.
I must confess I have not tried it for more than 9months expired papers, so I don't know if it will work for a car that has expired for 2-3years.
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by Elsueno: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2020
I never knew they pay arrears, omoh, and some times my papers will expire for like 3-4 months before I renew.

V.I.O people are cool, Na FRSC way I dislike
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by adubam(m): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2020
diportivo:

apparently

you do not reside in lagos

I have renewed a vehicle papers I bought from Kaduna with over 2 years expired in Abuja and I didn't pay additional Kobo. I only paid the exact renewal amount for one year.
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by diportivo: 10:44am On Oct 28, 2020
adubam:

I have renewed a vehicle papers I bought from Kaduna with over 2 years expired in Abuja and I didn't pay additional Kobo. I only paid the exact renewal amount for one year.

I dont knw what u are on about sha undecided

I already guessed that u do not stay in Lagos.....u quoted and replied with 2 locations different from Lagos

so,what exactly is the point you are making that's different from what I insinuated?

Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by adubam(m): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
diportivo:

I dont knw what u are on about sha undecided

I already guessed that u do not stay in Lagos.....u quoted and replied with 2 locations different from Lagos

so,what exactly is the point you are making that's different from what I insinuated?

Summary is that you're been defrauded in the west
Re: What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year. by diportivo: 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
adubam:

Summary is that you're been defrauded in the west

those that are complaining shld sue the government of wherever this west is

I'm sure they av understood this ur summary

My Bosses Look At This Damages And Advise Please / Innoson Motors ready to roll out the new IVM Ikenga / Let's See Your Cars or Dream Cars!