Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (44619 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial / MURIC Blasts Governor Wike For Declaring Rivers Christian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Yemluvkid(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Amanismone:
Same with my Edo state. In fact all good southern state's are Christian state.

We don't want any Islam here. The first church in west Africa was build in Benin, we were the first Africans to accept Christianity as our religion. We breath Christianity u
The first church in Nigeria was built in Abeokuta.
It seems Abeokuta is in North Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by tartar9(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
Having most of your population as christains or muslims doesnt make it a christain or Muslim state.How is Constitution,government and instistutions structured? Thats what determines if its an Islamic or Christain state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
The irony is that Christianity and Islam are both pagan religion invented by the Roman Catholic Church. Lolz

Underneath it all, them be twins. Worshippers of Stone(Islam) and of Wood(Christianity), just like the Old Testament said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Naajjii: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Yoruba moslems will not like this news.

There is no state in this country you would get 90% indigenous moslems, the thing dey pain moslems wella wella.
Look at this one, what do you mean Indigenous Muslims? Muslims don't even care about you people. Muslims do their thing. It is you people who keep following what Muslims do every day and keep crying and complaining of Islamisation everyday. There is no day that there will be no one form of cry of Islamisation in this country from you people. It's the weak that cry everyday, the leaders do their thing, weak people complain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Trottle: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
The Religious card. One of the best tools for manipulating the populace— educated and non educated alike.

We Nigerians deserve the set of leaders we have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by RichBoy247: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

There is no state in this country you would get 90% indigenous moslems, the thing dey pain moslems wella wella.

Katsina, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Bornu, Kebbi all have up to 96% indigenous Muslims just as all the South-East and South-South states have 95% or more indigenous Christians. But how is that my business?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by MinCeteris: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
chelseaeternity:

The good thing that happened to Nigeria politics is the social media/internet.

Wike will finish his tenure as Governor, he will seek national elective position or national appointment and this statement will come back to him.

Will he deny then?

Smart politicians don't talk carelessly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
Very unfortunate that a leader of a state is saying this.
I thought Nigeria was a secular country that accomodates everybody.
If it was a northern governor that said otherwise some people would be claiming victim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by erinalex: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:
Not only Rivers..

The whole southern Nigeria
Being a Christian state has done what to your pple ?

The best Christianity has offered you in Rivers, is high increase in cultism.

To me,all these religion talks by our leaders are nonsensical.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
Amanismone:

We don't want any Islam here. The first church in west Africa was build in Benin, we were the first Africans to accept Christianity as our religion. We breath Christianity u
Yet in Edo north we have a good number of muslims undecided
When was the first church built in Benin? shocked shocked
Stop spreading fake news.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Kinikini: 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
And the dumb ones are so numerous. See how they are jumping up and down. Rivers is a Christian State, yet the Christian Governor has no scruples looting the state dry. Even Maiduguri with BH is looking more promising than PH. If it was a Kano Governor who said this, you can imagine how agitated all of them including CAN will become. A letter would immediately be sent to the UN, EU, and US. It is the South starting this now oh. What we can't finish, we better not start.

I just wonder why Africa is cursed with leadership.

AntiWailer:
Oshey !!! play religious card.

It works for the dumb ones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by shugabasbn: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
That is how they started, they won't mind their oral diarrhea, the consequences of their speeches n actions but when it fall back on them they will cry louder. No state in Nigeria can any religion claimed as her state, from Sokoto to Abia
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by basty: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
But Muslim Allah prevailed in presidential election on 23rd February. God will destroy the pervert
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by hoopLA: 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
2papa:

Oga, I have no apology for my statement. MY STATE IS A CHRISTIAN STATE. Is Nigeria united all the service Chief are from the North, all key positions are from the north while we feed the nation with our Oil
With the high crime rate?
With the Rumuji/Emohua axis on the East West road a hotbed of kidnappers?
With the ONELGA area full of deadly cultist and ritualistic
With the high rate of armed robbery,extortion by government task forces, collusion between criminals and police?
With the bunkering and piracy going on in the creeks and waterways?
I can go on all day about how rotten your "Christian" state is.

I'm sorry but you are a first rate fool.

If that is what your Christian state has gotten you, then you should be pitied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by compton11(m): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
Amanismone:

are u alright?
I hope Yoruba land is not part of your madness?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by MetaPhysical: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
chelseaeternity:

Governor Nyesom Wike has said that Rivers State is a Christian state and that he will not apologise for saying that. The governor stated this on Sunday June 23rd during the Lord’s Chosen Crusade at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

Speaking at the programme, Governor Wike said the forces of darkness invaded the state and attempted to rob the mandate of the people, but God stood firm.

“We saw forces, but the greater force, God Almighty came. With this crusade. Rivers State will be abundantly blessed. I repeat once again without apologies, Rivers State is a Christian State. That is why nobody can touch us. When it mattered most, the Christian community prayed and God heard your prayers. I will continue to support the activities of all Churches. This Government will always partner with the churches , whatever the programme they are engaged in. I urge the Church to continue to pray. Each time you pray, put us in your prayers”, he said.

He said that God prevailed in Rivers State on March 9th during the governorship election and took charge of the state.

“On March 9th light prevailed over darkness. God showed himself and he is in charge. But for God, I wouldn’t have been here addressing the Christian faithful. The enemies came to Rivers State to take over the state and stop the will of the people. But God said no and the will of the people prevailed “, he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/no-apologies-rivers-state-is-christian.html?m=1

I support Wike.
By practicing Sharia some states have declared themselves "unapologetically" as muslim states. Why should Wike apologize for declaring Rivers a Christian state? I support him on this issue.
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
engrsyer:
No doubt about that. It is 100% Christian state.
Any Rivers indigene whom become a Muslim does that out of stomach infrastructure not because the person wants to be Muslim for salvation or to make heaven
Not true. It may shock that there are some Muslims in that state same way I saw some in Delta state. My aunt (not biological) Mrs Amina Okeke( not real name) was the best aunty I have ever meet. We were so close to the point that religion didn't separate us. She made me see Islam from another perspective. Funny enough many wouldn't have know because she rarely wear hjab except during prayers and festive season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by ganiyheart(f): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
chelseaeternity:

Governor Nyesom Wike has said that Rivers State is a Christian state and that he will not apologise for saying that. The governor stated this on Sunday June 23rd during the Lord’s Chosen Crusade at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

Speaking at the programme, Governor Wike said the forces of darkness invaded the state and attempted to rob the mandate of the people, but God stood firm.

“We saw forces, but the greater force, God Almighty came. With this crusade. Rivers State will be abundantly blessed. I repeat once again without apologies, Rivers State is a Christian State. That is why nobody can touch us. When it mattered most, the Christian community prayed and God heard your prayers. I will continue to support the activities of all Churches. This Government will always partner with the churches , whatever the programme they are engaged in. I urge the Church to continue to pray. Each time you pray, put us in your prayers”, he said.

He said that God prevailed in Rivers State on March 9th during the governorship election and took charge of the state.

“On March 9th light prevailed over darkness. God showed himself and he is in charge. But for God, I wouldn’t have been here addressing the Christian faithful. The enemies came to Rivers State to take over the state and stop the will of the people. But God said no and the will of the people prevailed “, he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/no-apologies-rivers-state-is-christian.html?m=1

This is not what we need in this country...such statement from a LEADER/GOVERNOR in a country that is ravaged with political, ethnical and RELIGIOUS crisis everyday.. Shame !!!!!! Until we stop all this ethnic and religious sentiments, I pity this country.�����

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by trapQ: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
There are more Christian's in Nigeria than Muslims. Know your facts.
040drogba:
Thank god is not nigeria, that is the christain country. per se muslim state out number the christain state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Lovelyn451(f): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
A
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by trapQ: 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Do Muslims states not have the Sharia penal code where christians are beaten and arrested for eating during sallah?
Isn't that the same as them saying those are Muslims states?
teejona:

But if El-Rufai or Ganduje should say the same thing now you will remeber there is something called unity

double standard by ordinary citizens like you has caused more harm than good in this country

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Belawy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Dividing us through religious line.It's a card that can't work on the intellectual
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Guyman02: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

if a Northern governor has said this, e-warriors will have started world war 3, truth is politicians don't give a damn about religion, it is simply a tool for them nothing more nothing less. Rivers is a Christian state but then they will still steal Christian state money, align with Muslim for National cake and power sharing, religion is truly meant for the third class citizens
Rauf Oluwaseyi, pained Yoruba Muslim we have heard you wink

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by naijajobx: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
Oh
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Chukwurah003: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

And the crime rate is so high. Most instagram prostitutes are also from there. They are not true Christians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
erinalex:

Being a Christian state has done what to your pple ?

The best Christianity has offered you in Rivers, is high increase in cultism.

To me,all these religion talks by our leaders are nonsensical.

Are you from Rivers State?
Nope

Wetin concern you...

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by ahmgiggs: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
wike want to Christianize Nigeria. if a Northern governor make this statement. you will hear different type adjective words like: "They have islamized Nigeria", "They have fulanized Nigeria". hypocrite set of people with gullible followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by glowingflame7: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Christian state with unchristian behaviour. That statement alone can give him a third term. God have mercy on my people.
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Richyicon(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
When you have a charlatan as Gov. What do you expect...
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by olajizz01(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
If you go to Kano state, you will see that Muslims percentage their are more than Christians percentage in Rivers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
teejona:

But if El-Rufai or Ganduje should say the same thing now you will remeber there is something called unity

double standard by ordinary citizens like you has caused more harm than good in this country
oga , are there not Christians in southern Kaduna? Unlike kano where they are indigenous Christians
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
olajizz01:
If you go to Kano state, you will see that Muslims percentage their are more than Christians percentage in Rivers
stop believing such nonsense. 80% of kano is desert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Gives Campaign Bus To Man Who Campaigned Vigorously For Him / INEC Hasn't Officially Announced Election Postponement Yet / Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.