Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? (6484 Views)

APC Exposes Gej's Mission In Lagos To Help PDP Rig The Elections / Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan / Nigerian Appointed Force Commander For Un Mission In South Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
They seem to be way ahead of disaster's in Nigeria. DO they know something or have intelligence that the Nigerian Government doesnt? How come they have access to so much intelligence in Nigeria? Even where Nigerian News has no authority? Who gives them this access, and why all the propaganda from them? It is very peculiar

Nigeria Killing's Caught on Video
[flash=433,255]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1hc1zKnLr0?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

Full Access To MEND
[flash=433,255]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVevU_ypcGY?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

Aljazeera just happens to be at the bomb blast, to film the explosion when Nigerian Government did not have intelligence like this?
[flash=433,255]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quDhVaXvwMc?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

Henry Okah "Phones" AL Jazeera, to implicate Jonathan.
[flash=433,255]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGlWGaLRLZg?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by opuro(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
they like to tell the news as it is not as you like.
if you dont like them, stick to your NTA!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
opuro:

they like to tell the news as it is not as you like.
if you dont like them, stick to your NTA!

Well said, man. You have said it all and right.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by superboi(m): 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
Tewmuch al jazeera is another platform for another oppressors of the africans, the arabs. in africa al jazeera main goal is to ezpose the folly of western policies and their allies and to paint the views of their allies. for example they talk about genocide in jos or when boko haram gets massacred, but never cover or mention the word genocide in darfur province in sudan(my brother which is more of a genocide?). in nigeria and in particular at this particular moment when a strong supporter of OIC and the islamization of nigeria is up against a southern christain with a western outlook you should be able to infer who they would support. all media outlet have their play master and write their script to favour them al jazeera is not different, my only advise to nigeria/African in general is we should not let this greed for our resource by different power block globally to define us, we should define our selves. but like fela trully said they have divided us with borders(country,regions), tribe and worst and most potentially dangerous RELIGION angry. May God save us. grin
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nonsense people.

Thanks to Aljazeera for giving us the koko live and direct.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by chyz(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
superboi:

Tewmuch al jazeera is another platform for another oppressors of the africans, the arabs. in africa al jazeera main goal is to ezpose the folly of western policies and their allies and to paint the views of their allies. for example they talk about genocide in jos or when boko haram gets massacred, but never cover or mention the word genocide in darfur province in sudan(my brother which is more of a genocide?). in nigeria and in particular at this particular moment when a strong supporter of OIC and the islamization of nigeria is up against a southern christain with a western outlook you should be able to infer who they would support. all media outlet have their play master and write their script to favour them al jazeera is not different, my only advise to nigeria/African in general is we should not let this greed for our resource by different power block globally to define us, we should define our selves. but like fela trully said they have divided us with borders(country,regions), tribe and worst and most potentially dangerous RELIGION angry. May God save us. grin

GBAM!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by opuro(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
which mend you belong?
GEJ abi OKAH group
abi wetin aljazeera don ever report about us that is lie
it is true that we de bomb ourselves
it is true that boko haram de for naija
its true that mend de trow bomb any how
it is true that our leaders don thief our moni finish
it is true that baba kill dele giwa
it is true that poverty no let us think nomal again in naija
it is true that we de do kid and oldman napping in naija
it is true that you and i are sentimental wen it comes to issue or religion and tribe
AND IT IS TRUE MI BROS THAT GEJ SAY HIM KNOW THE PERSON WEY TROW BOMB FOR ABUJA
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
I believe Al Jazeera has no particular vested interest in Nigeria but to relay information as it happens and when it happens from the sources.
They are not as big as the likes of CNN, SKy and BBC who focus on the very big issues around the world (and as such channel their resources) so they tend to most times get to the bottom of issues such as the bomb blast.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by edoyad(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
Aljazeera is a third tier cable tv station struggling to climb up the pyramid of recognition. What they have going is the wealthy owners who are sparing nothing to bring in established names.
Unfortunately just like like a communist state owned media organisation they fail to mirror what is going on in the societies they're from, they're busy focusing on the problems of the rest of the world when we fully know the Arabian world is the most unstable, repressive and volatile in then world.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Goddex: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
Al Jazeerah conspire with terrorist.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
superboi:

GBAM! They tend to be very interested in Nigeria. No one needs their news reporting. Arab countries have more news than AlJazeera can handle. They just always seem to be at the right place, at the right time (seems someone invites them as a witness and gives them exclusive access to promote propaganda). Listen to Henry Okah's rubbish. Doesnt make sense that GEJ will tell him to frame the northerners up so he can be "treated better in SA". That is a slip up. IN Nigeria the typical arrangement is to betray someone and then you come back home from exile untouchable. I think AlJazeera is up to mischief in Nigeria. The Arabs are trying to be the lord and master over Africa already, look at sudan and now somalia (e.g Religion); where better to start the divide and rule tactics than Nigeria (Africa's largest population)?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
My biggest question for them is how did they get to film the bomb blast? How did they know the location? And who gave them this information. How come they did not see the morality in informing the govenrment, since they are a news station that is "Unbiased".The government should look into this. Seemed they had more information on the bomb blast than Nigerians, something is funny here. angry

edoyad:

Aljazeera is a third tier cable tv station struggling to climb up the pyramid of recognition. What they have going is the wealthy owners who are sparing nothing to bring in established names.
Unfortunately just like like a communist state owned media organisation they fail to mirror what is going on in the societies they're from, they're busy focusing on the problems of the rest of the world when we fully know the Arabian world is the most unstable, repressive and volatile in then world.

Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by superboi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
omo ibo naija na very strategic country in the energy power play wey dey happen for this world. al jazeera was set up to projject arab intrest in the west in a suttle manner. by being economical with the truth in some places where western media may take an extreme view (e.g darfur,) or by elaborating and being creative in some places, it all a battle for global domination. the arabs have entered by into the race in the past decade or so after the fall of the iron curtain and the space it created. the were able to do it with their resource and a common unifying factor their common religion. nigeria is pivotal because of it size, location and composition. the west already have central africa in their palm and nigeria would be a good platform to expand your dominace in terms of culture and economy because of it's population and size. imagine if nigeria were to be arabizedin no time it would spread across the coast to sierra leone and down to the congo at least were we control a lot of the trade, albeit informaly. the problem is our politician here in abuja all think locally and arestrategic to use this to our advantage the way people like the indian, pakistanis, vietnam and south korean use their strategic position to their advantage to develope their people by playin both side (or all side, the ruskies are a factor again) instead of allowing all side play you.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
Superboi, fair point.  Although, i'm thinking what you said is synonymous with whats happeneing in the UK right now.
The Ecxel centre, Football clubs, Harrods to mention but a few are owned by the Arabs. i read somewhere that the Arabs own almost half of the UK.
Would you say the UK is falling in the trap of the creative and strategic Arabs? Maybe. maybe not.

When you say they are being economical with the truth . . . .i'm not too sure about that seeing as they are the only ones to have spoken to Henry Okah. They are also the only ones to have sent a crew of reporters to the creek.

Here's my 2 cents, had an expatriate gone missing by way of murder or kidnap then i'm sure the likes of BBC, CNN and SKY would be all over Nigeria. A group of people blowing themselves up (in my opinion) does not interest them.

These news corporations have a way of picking up information. They have informants. It is up to them if and  how they relay the information they receive. There is no way Aljazeera would've known of this plot days before and the bigger boys didnt.

I agree with the fact that Nigeria is pivotal to any interest group but  based on this bomb blast i doubt Aljazeera has any real vested interest in Nigeria. However, if they do, only time will tell.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by cpatra(f): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Arab and their Arabical deeds. planting and harvesting bombs, so peculiar.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by onyengbu1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
They are always at the right place at the right time.

They need to answer many questions. How did they visit the militants just 48hrs b4 the blast?!!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
The same people falling all over 'na we do m' are getting all het up with real live hard news

nigerians

aljazeera is outscooping your home grown stations and instead  ashamed you are screaming conspiracy

they must be the new jeff koinage
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
When we had only western networks like CNN and the BBC broadcasting these stories, most of you cried foul and claimed they only liked to focus on the BAD and never went out to find the really far and in-between good stories you wanted to show off your Nigeria. Now you have a reputable non-western network in the same region, showing you that what the BBC and CNN has been broadcasting is not far from the very reality in the area, and people still complain and now claim conspiracy?

At what point do we start looking inwards to figure that they might all just be showing us exactly what is happening right in our home?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by montelik(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

When we had only western networks like CNN and the BBC broadcasting these stories, most of you cried foul and claimed they only liked to focus on the BAD and never went out to find the really far and in-between good stories you wanted to show off your Nigeria. Now you have a reputable non-western network in the same region, showing you that what the BBC and CNN has been broadcasting is not far from the very reality in the area, and people still complain and now claim conspiracy?

At what point do we start looking inwards to figure that they might all just be showing us exactly what is happening right in our home?

NEVER. That is why Nigerians will continue to come near d top of the happiest nation in the world polls. We bury our heads in the sand and cover our eyes to the truth.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by netotse(m): 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

repu-what? i laugh in indian grin
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
netotse:

repu-what? i laugh in indian  grin

I dare you to prove that Aljazeera is not. And Please do not try to spray me with the "EVEN THOUGH IT IS HANDLED BY BEINGS, IT HAS TO PERFECTLY GET IT RIGHT ALL THE TIME TO BE REPUTABLE" argument. I really am not in any mood for that sort of nonsense today or anyday.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

A lot of despicable things are happening in Arab countries, why do they not start their own campaign on all of that? What is the focus with Nigeria? Arab countries have more than enough news they can report on, but i dont see them doing that. Only surface news, and heavy interest in Nigeria. I am all for free press, but when news channels start to play politics then we have a problem. Answer how they happened to be on the exact scene of the bomb blast first. Please open your eyes. Everything foreign freaks Nigerians. They owe the Nigerian citizens a duty to report known and plausible threats before they happen. I am convinced they had a heads up on the bomb blast.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
TewMuch:

A lot of despicable things are happening in Arab countries, why do they not start their own campaign on all of that?
What you have above is nothing but LAME reasoning. Aljazeera is one of the only networks to go to if you want to know what is happening in the middle East. Log on to the website and click on the Arab link to see it all.
There is no such thing as "starting their own campaign on anything". They are a world news network and so report the news around the world. If you do not like it, again, the you have NTA.

TewMuch:

What is the focus with Nigeria? Arab countries have more than enough news they can report on, but i dont see them doing that. Only surface news, and heavy interest in Nigeria. I am all for free press, but when news channels start to play politics then we have a problem.
Focus? You do think too much of yourself, don't you? A WORLD NETWORK broadcasts stories on Nigeria and most EVERY other country out there, even North Korea and your EGO thinks it is all about Nigeria?
I LAUGH IN ARAB  - - - ROFL#&wink($$_()$

TewMuch:

Answer how they happened to be on the exact scene of the bomb blast first.

Simple, they were probably INVITED OVER BY MEND. Is it that you have a hard time making this sort of connection in your mind when faced with such issues?  Henry Okah CALLED Aljazeera so he can have his interview aired for the world to know. What makes you think MEND cannot do the same?
By the way, October is also the  Anniversary of the Amnesty ceasefire last year so it does also make sense that attention will be on the group and how far things have come in the year. You just have to ask yourself questions and probably do your research first rather than jumping on creating conspiracies where it is all SIMPLY IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200910260022.html

TewMuch:

Please open your eyes. Everything foreign freaks Nigerians. [b]They owe the Nigerian citizens [/b]a duty to report known and plausible threats before they happen. I am convinced they had a heads up on the bomb blast.
You are wrong. Everything foreign freaks DELUDED Nigerians -- Nigerians unable to accept what is right before their eyes as is but feel it is NECESSARY that they inject the ABSURD to make it more palatable for themselves.

Nobody OWES you NOTHING, not even the western Media. All they continue to do is reveal the truth of what is happening right there in your home. You either accept it or you  . . . .
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What you have above is nothing but LAME reasoning. Aljazeera is one of the only networks to go to if you want to know what is happening in the middle East. Log on to the website and click on the Arab link to see it all.
There is no such thing as "starting their own campaign on anything". They are a world news network and so report the news around the world. If you do not like it, again, the you have NTA.
Focus? You do think too much of yourself, don't you? A WORLD NETWORK broadcasts stories on Nigeria and most EVERY other country out there, even North Korea and your EGO thinks it is all about Nigeria?
I LAUGH IN ARAB  - - - ROFL#&wink($$_()$

Simple, they were probably INVITED OVER BY MEND. Is it that you have a hard time making this sort of connection in your mind when faced with such issues?  Henry Okah CALLED Aljazeera so he can have his interview aired for the world to know. What makes you think MEND cannot do the same?
By the way, October is also the  Anniversary of the Amnesty ceasefire last year so it does also make sense that attention will be on the group and how far things have come in the year. You just have to ask yourself questions and probably do your research first rather than jumping on creating conspiracies where it is all SIMPLY IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200910260022.html
You are wrong. Everything foreign freaks DELUDED Nigerians -- Nigerians unable to accept what is right before their eyes as is but feel it is NECESSARY that they inject the ABSURD to make it more palatable for themselves.

Nobody OWES you NOTHING, not even the western Media. All they continue to do is reveal the truth of what is happening right there in your home. You either accept it or you  . . . .

Read over what you wrote, very daft. Nobody owes Nigerian's anything? And you are actually admitting that they were aware of the threat to Nigerian lives, did not tip off the government and that is o.k to you? Something is missing in your mind, no wonder you keep ROFLMAO. You need help, and sound very silly. Why does Aljazeera not report on Afghanistan and Iran? Why do they not go into Alquaeda hang outs where OSAMA is? Everything is not o.k with you. I wont even bother to respond to anything you say because you have just shown that your mind don throw way.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
TewMuch:

Read over what you wrote, very daft. Nobody owes Nigerian's anything? And you are actually admitting that they were aware of the threat to Nigerian lives, did not tip off the government and that is o.k to you? Something is missing in your mind, no wonder you keep ROFLMAO. You need help, and sound very silly. Why does Aljazeera not report on Afghanistan and Iran? Why do they not go into Alquaeda hang outs where OSAMA is? Everything is not o.k with you. I wont even bother to respond to anything you say because you have just shown that your mind don throw way.

Guy what are saying here.Is it there obligation to tip off government

Doesn't nigeria have security operatives Why should a foreign tv station ( not even security outfit) do it

And who said the nigerian government were not aware of the threat?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
TewMuch:

Read over what you wrote, very daft. Nobody owes Nigerian's anything?
ROFLMAO!!!
I suggest you READ OVER what you type please. YOU claimed they owe Nigerians in some way and I posited that they do not owe Nigerians anything more than what they currently report.  Enough of this EVERYBODY OWES ME mentality already!

TewMuch:

And you are actually admitting that they were aware of the threat to Nigerian lives, did not tip off the government and that is o.k to you?

Are you alright? Can you read? Where did you get the above or anything close from what I posted above?
By the way, YOUR own Government knew of the attack days before but told you the rains stopped them from taking serious actions, what are you doing about that?

TewMuch:

Something is missing in your mind, no wonder you keep ROFLMAO. You need help, and sound very silly.

Crazy man trying to tag another as the insane one in the conversation . . . typical !!! ROFLMAO!!

TewMuch:

Why does Aljazeera not report on Afghanistan and Iran?
Aljazeera does. EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop spewing TRASH OUT OF IGNORANCE!

TewMuch:

Why do they not go into Alquaeda hang outs where OSAMA is?

Oh! now Aljazeera knows where Osama is? ROFLMAO!!! I tell you man, ignorance is not bliss!! ROFLMAO!!

TewMuch:

Everything is not o.k with you. I wont even bother to respond to anything you say because you have just shown that your mind don throw way.
Yeah, anyone that urges you to USE YOUR HEAD a bit more is auto-labeled enemy, I know your kind!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
asha 80:

Guy what are saying here.Is it there obligation to tip off government 

Doesn't nigeria have security operatives  Why should a foreign tv station ( not even security outfit) do it 

And who said the nigerian government were not aware of the threat?

I was referring to the location of the bombs. I think they have a moral and ethical obligation to the general public to report any of these kinds of deadly incidents if they are known before hand. CNN or any other reputable news company would not keep such information secret, because of the possibility of loss of lives. Which was the case in Abuja.What i am emphasizing is how they could be at the exact location of the blasts.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
By the way have people noticed that some former CNN staff are now working for Aljazeera

People like Riz Khan,Lucia Newman ?

Was there a raid on CNN staffs by Aljazeera?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by seanet02: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
asha 80:

By the way have people noticed that some former CNN staff are now working for Aljazeera

People like Riz Khan,Lucia Newman ?

Was there a raid on CNN staffs by Aljazeera?
what sort of reasoning is this, the fact remains ALJAZEERA likes promoting EVIL, TERRORISM AND REBELLION.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by princekevo(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2010
In fact i prefer watching Aljazeera these days to even BBC.
Aljazeera recently seems to be the only world Network broadcasting things the way they are without being biased
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by superboi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
prince kevo everybody is biased, is al jazeera objective in the darfur issue where arabs are sponsoring violence against black people?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
superboi:

prince kevo [b]everybody is biase[/b]d, is al jazeera objective in the darfur issue where arabs are sponsoring violence against black people?

While I agree to an extent with the statement in bold, it is however, no reason why we should go around accusing people and organizations without some substantial evidence, as is the way many of our Nigerians brothers are used to reasoning.
We already have folks labeling Aljazeera a biased group simply because it also reports on issues that pertain to Nigeria. Is that rational in any way?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Deployment In Lagos Was Requested By Lagos State Govt - Army Spokesman / Nigerian Navy Special Forces On Airborne Training (photos) / Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.