Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform (6479 Views)

Atiku: 'Six Decades Of A Missing President' By Cyprian Edward-Ekpo / Wife To The Enugu State Governor, Gracefully Unveil A Mega Tippy Taps For School / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by itemregistry: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
The Nigeria Police Force have partnered with a group, Primly Premium Solutions to develop an application where cases of missing persons can be reported.

Speaking during the launch on Tuesday in Abuja, the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Philip Maku said the initiative would help give the needed attention to the issue of missing cases in the country.

Maku added that the application would help report cases of missing persons with ease within the parameters of the law.

He said, “One aspect of human security which is rarely discussed in this part of the world is that of missing persons.

“While we understand the situation surrounding people who are missing as a result of violent conflicts in parts of Nigeria, it is worthy of note that people also go missing as a result of other factors.

“Some of these persons go missing because of domestic violence, kidnapping and a range of other factors.

“Sadly, there are few opportunities for people to report cases, raise public awareness to help in finding missing persons and report unidentified persons lurking around our homes, offices and environment.

“Hence, we birthed the idea of the missing persons platform; this was researched, developed and today, launched by Primly Premium Solutions in partnership with the Nigeria Police Force. This innovative IT-based solution will help people report missing persons within the confines of Nigerian laws.“

The representative of the company, Bestman Christine, said the need to get a database for missing persons in the country necessitated the move to partner with the police to come up with the initiative.

She said, “There is currently no national database for missing persons in Nigeria. This has proven to be a confounding factor in the efforts to raise awareness as well as keep track of progress made over time. This concern and the dire consequences it appears to have on the safety of the Nigerian population is what inspired the development of the Missing Persons Platform.“

She explained that the Missing Person’s Platform is a multilevel and multidisciplinary project that revolves around an online database for reporting and cataloging missing people and verifying unidentified persons.

https://independent.ng/police-develops-app-to-report-missing-persons/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Fahdiga(m): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
If they like they can partner with FBI nothing works under the lifeless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Prolific007(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
They're just posing for the camera, investigations are made when you're a wealthy personality and if you're poor you're on your own. The sad reality of one Nijiriyya

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by helphelp: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Laudable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by googlepikins: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Two years ago some small boys were pranking my sister on her phone number that she will be kidnap soon.

We reported the case to Nigerian police, and my brother, that was the most depressing thing we've ever done in our lives.

They copied the boys number and told us that they will swing into action, however they need ₦200,000 for running around. Two days later they came and told us they've located the area where the kidnappers are but they need another ₦200,000 for fuel and running around.

We Jejely told them we are no longer interested in the case, let's wait for the kidnappers to do their worse.

Las Las it turns out to be a prank from some small boys in my sister's school.

I pray not to have situation that requires me to go ask Nigerian police officers for help.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Hyphy(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
Very commendable. We should also have an offenders database where biodata and biometrics would be collected and stored.
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by inoki247: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
When dem go open Pet own cos my snake dey miss...
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Lemmy123(m): 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

Not just to announce, the Nigerian police I know, will they follow it up??

I remember there was a robbery in the house next to mine and before they got to the room of a particular man, he called the police and they told him to protect himself. In the morning they came and asked how it happened... Lol

That's how lowly our police force have become

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Boogyman557: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
All of Dem are theivies
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Chatflick(m): 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Peace should be listed on that platform even though it's not a person

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Cerebellum: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
grin

Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by okotv(m): 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Any website of app we can download to do the needful ?
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by allen113: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

Not just to announce, the Nigerian police I know, will they follow it up??

I remember there was a robbery in the house next to mine and before they got to the room of a particular man, he called the police and they told him to protect himself. In the morning they came and asked how it happened... Lol

That's how lowly our police force have become

This one off me I swear grin
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by JMK9600(f): 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
This is Nigeria where nothing is working

Anyways, all for the grams
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Lemmy123(m): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
allen113:

This one off me I swear grin
The matter long, Brother
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Aether(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
Cruise
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
We dey watch
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Hotzone(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
What about wanted people’s app for likes of Buhari, liar Mohammed and Malami?
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by alizma: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even if heaven is brought down, some people will never appreciate it. So the good news is not for everybody.
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Mancrossfire: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
This bloody criminals in black uniform will not do anything to save any missing person cos they collaborate with criminals and ritualists.
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by seyz91(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
cheesy cheesy
googlepikins:
Two years ago some small boys were pranking my sister on her phone number that she will be kidnap soon.

We reported the case to Nigerian police, and my brother, that was the most depressing thing we've ever done in our lives.

They copied the boys number and told us that they will swing into action, however they need ₦200,000 for running around. Two days later they came and told us they've located the area where the kidnappers are but they need another ₦200,000 for fuel and running around.

We Jejely told them we are no longer interested in the case, let's wait for the kidnappers to do their worse.

Las Las it turns out to be a prank from some small boys in my sister's school.

I pray not to have situation that requires me to go ask Nigerian police officers for help.
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by NaijaphiliaBlog: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by Charmingrascal(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Primly Premium Solution did well but the issue is that even if such cases are reported on the App they want to create, will the Nigeria Police Force professionally respond to a missing person's case if such person is not influential or affiliated to any influential personality?
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by vicfajeze: 1:37am On Nov 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
abeg,who be lifeless? Tinubu?
Re: Nigeria Police Force Inpartnership With PPS Unveil A Missing Persons Platform by IntersectCon: 9:18am On Sep 13, 2022
The number of Missing Persons in Nigeria keeps increasing by the day. It’s a sad reality.
Please use the Missing Persons Platform to list this information.

The Platform allows you to share information on missing and unidentified persons. It also helps you create a poster you can share on Social Media.
www.missingpersonsplatform.com

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa / List Of Names Of Christian Excos In APC / Current Result Of 2015 Presidential E-poll By Sahara Reporter (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.