Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC (28906 Views)

Police VGS QERRS To Tackle Crimes In Nigeria / EFCC Declares 'war' On 'the Home Of Cyber Crimes' LAUTECH / LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Amarachi1990: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
IBADAN – THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Monday, revealed that Oyo State has the highest number of cybercrimes and corruption related cases out of the six states in the South West.

This was disclosed by the zonal Head of the commission, Mr. Friday Ebelo when speaking with newsmen in Ibadan, Oyo State.

The statistics, he noted, was based on the last six months since the baton of leadership changed in the zone.

Most of the suspects, who perpetrate cybercrimes and other fraudulent acts, he noted, are between the ages of 18 and 40.

Ebelo said: “If you are looking for the number of convictions, Oyo State should be seen as the highest. We are based in Ibadan and since I resumed here, the tempo of our activities has increased.

“These suspects of cybercrimes and fraud related cases operate from Lagos and share their loots in Ibadan. But now, most of them are leaving Ibadan for the adjoining states.”

While giving further breakdown of the statistics, the EFCC official said: “This year, the zone received a total of 481 petitions. We were able to secure 83 convictions out of the 107 cases filed at different courts within the zone. That represents 83 per cent of the total number of cases filed.”

“From January to June 21, 2019, an aggregate sum of N116.9 million has been recovered. Others, which are in foreign currencies, include $39,129, £1,800 and £50,” he said.

He added that 65 vehicles were recovered from the suspects.

Ebelo explained that in some cases, criminals, who act as agents of the commission, use its name to seal up properties saying this is a scam as the commission does not work with any agents.

He appealed to parents to be more vigilant and pay constant visits to their wards in schools.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/oyo-highest-in-fraud-cybercrime-convictions-in-swest-efcc/%3famp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Benekruku(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ibadan boys no well na!

What amazes me is how they use that their English to scam Oyinbo!

At a time, Oyinbo people too dull o. Their sentences alone should tell you its one village unexposed boy you are talking too

114 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by helinues: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Lies

What is Oyo literacy level not to talk of populations
Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Anambralstson: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
helinues:
Lies

What is Oyo literacy level not to talk of populations

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/oyo-highest-in-fraud-cybercrime-convictions-in-swest-efcc/?amp
Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by helinues: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by simonlee(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
helinues:

Who did the survey?
Fulani herdsmen!

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by yomi962: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Who scam reach efcc and this evil government.no work, no money,,no light poverty everywere, nothing works again in this country all thanks to the gollum in aso rock,

15 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by simonlee(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
killsmith:
Yorubaland that was filled with professors and intellects, is now littered with Internet fraudsters and human parts processing engineers.

The igbos are responsible for this.
You're very far from making sense...very far!

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by yomi962: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
simonlee:
Fulani herdsmen!
wicked you are. Good answer to a dumb question.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
OK next
This just shows the technological prowess of yorubas in technology
An average yoruba person is tech savvy
Good or bad
Tech is life

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by superlightning: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:
OK next
Good or bad
Tech is life

Face saving mode activated....hehehe

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anambralstson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/oyo-highest-in-fraud-cybercrime-convictions-in-swest-efcc/?amp
Lalasticlala
This just shows they are technologically savvy
What is it? Mumu
Its only on yoruba matter u will c this nonentity

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Anambralstson: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:
OK next
Good or bad
Tech is life
High rate of lazy youths you mean

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anambralstson:

High rate of lazy youths you mean
Is that d reason y anambra youths full Asian prisons
Is that d reason y anambra youths were massacred in ozubulu because of hardworking drug dealing youths?
Is that d reason y Ibo ppl are killing themselves in south Africa ?

Mumu better look for a job

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by superlightning: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:

Is that d reason y anambra youths full Asian prisons
Is that d reason y anambra youths were massacred in ozubulu because of hardworking drug dealing youths?
Is that d reason y Ibo ppl are killing themselves in south Africa ?

Mumu better look for a job

For every individual anambra criminal there are x10 anambra high achievers... I love anambra... They are in many ways blessed

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anambralstson:

When you get home call your pale nonentity, anu
Hmm
Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by NkayStory(f): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
It should be Nigeria.

If there are more more fraudsters in Oyo than Lagos with thrice the population of Oyo,then surely Oyo State harbours the largest concentration of fraudsters in this country..

Simple.

12 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by superlightning: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:

It's better than drug smuggling and prostitution
At least they use their intellect and can operate computers
At least they are computer literates

The father of microchip semi-conductor technology in electronic gadgets is an anambra man - CYPRIAN EMEKA UZOH. The highest patented and most prolific Nigerian inventor.

https://punchng.com/ive-been-issued-more-than-256-utility-patents-in-us-cyprian-uzoh/

The list of computer gurus in anambra are too numerous to count. So shut up

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by NkayStory(f): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:
OK next
Good or bad
Tech is life

Lmao!!..,what is this joke?

I guess since Nigeria tops country with internet fraudsters,that mean she is more tech savy than most.

cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
superlightning:

For every individual anambra criminal there are x10 anambra high achievers... I love anambra... They are in many ways blessed
I could care less what they achieve
That's their problem
I can list numerous achievement of Ogun ppl,but I'm not stupid to b shouting on d internet,
I use my brain
I could care less who u are

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by killsmith(f): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:

Well this same chinedu should know what Soyinka has accomplished no body dead or alive from his generation can achieve half of that
And chinedu looked at him and screamed Lazarus soyinka, get up. Behold, soyinka stood up

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by superlightning: 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unlimitk2:

Well this same chinedu should know what Soyinka has accomplished no body dead or alive from his generation can achieve half of that

Chinua Achebe has produced and influenced many new generation literati e.g chimamnda, sefi atta, Chika unigwe, etc. Who soyinka's Nobel epp?

Nwoke be careful o....

I respect soyinka deeply for his work, not prize, but who Nobel epp abeg

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
NkayStory:

Lmao!!..,what is this joke?

I guess since Nigeria tops country with internet fraudsters,that mean she is more tech savy than most.

cheesy
Pls don't quote me, I'm warning u

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC by Unlimitk2(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
killsmith:
And chinedu looked at him and screamed Lazarus soyinka, get up. Behold, soyinka stood up
Well it was his sit
I guess this makes u ppl feel good
Pathetic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak Rocks Abule Egba, Lagos After Explosion By Vandals. PICS / Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 / Police Declare Nigerian Man Wanted In Malaysia For The Death Of A 5 Year Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.