Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries (20993 Views)

Tinubu Budgets N7bn For Renovating President, Vice Official Residences In Lagos / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn / Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nukilia: 8:45am On Jun 25, 2019
helixmanager:
Who did this to Nigeria? cry

Why are these leaders heartless?

How do we get out of mess?

Is it the youth that is immersed in yahoo yahoo that will rescue this Nation? Or a typical civil servant that sees political office as an opportunity to embezzle?

The governor was buying AK 47 and ammunitions like the state is planning to fight a war with America without plans for the smooth running of the government when he hands over.

The governors steal and move to senate to continue stealing without considering that the government must continue serve the people.

God help Nigeria!

Why is it that nobody is asking Amosun about the source of finance for the weapons and the aim for purchase of the weapons

What a country! cry

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:47am On Jun 25, 2019
RockHard:

Guy, I hope you followed Amosun to chop Ogun money, with the way you are defending him like so. He should release a press statement to offer his own side because Dapo's allegations are very weighty. We were all made to believe that Amosun's management prowess of the state was tops, with the reported high IGR and all, but all that seems to be a scam. Either way, I hope you are enjoying your share of the loot. wink
Did you even know that he is still owing a huge debt even before being elected? Did you know his oil company, heyden oil, was nearly shut down in the last years because of debts he's incurring? Don't you think being in govt office is an opportunity for him to clear his company's debt? I'm not saying amosun's govt was perfect but remember that same amosun raised the bar of ogun's IGR up. If dapo is ready for work, let him start working and leave other talks for EFCC. You will be alive by the time he leave office too and I wonder what you will be saying about him by then when he quit office. Remember both amosun and dapo were best of friends oooo.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by ceasare: 8:48am On Jun 25, 2019
I just hope this dapo abiodun won't be a failure of a governor as time goes on....securing loan from bank friends to pay wage bill?! Same connect he couldn't use to pay up his AMCON debt n subsidy scam issue! These politicians will crumble this nation faster than I thought!
A man campaigns,wins an election and he's lost on what to do afterwards as a governor!!!

What a country....

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Advancedman(m): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2019
Sanromeo:

‘I met no money in the treasury’

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that he took a loan of N7bn to pay workers’ May salaries.

He said this on Monday while addressing leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

He added that he would rather focus on ensuring good governance in the state than pre-occupy himself with the actions or inactions of his predecessor.

He said “We have by far too many things to do than to begin to be bogged down by what someone did or what he did not do or what he left behind.

“I cannot begin to describe in the open to you the Ogun State that we inherited. I cannot begin to describe it to you. I will not because I have made up my mind that publicly and privately, I will not discuss anything about the past administration.

“We have resolved to draw the line and to move forward from there. We need to be focused. We are going to rebrand and re-launch the security trust fund.”

Abiodun added that his first challenge in office was how to pay the May workers’ salary, saying he had to call his friends who are managing directors of banks to get a credit facility of over N7bn to pay the workers.

He said, “30th day of May was our first day in office. And on the 31st, it dawn on me that it was the end of the month and we need to pay salaries.

“But here we are on our second day in office. I don’t even have an office; I don’t even know how to sign any document; I don’t even know what the protocols are. Suddenly, we realised it was 31st and I intend to keep my end of the tripartite agreement. So, I called the Head of Service; I told him we must pay salary. But he said to me, ‘You are new in government and everybody understands that you just assumed office and we don’t have that expectation of you paying salaries now. They (workers) will understand. There is very little or no money. We can talk to them.’

“I told the Head of Service, whether they (the workers) were expectant or not, it was my promise to the people that salaries would be paid as and when due.”

He added, “So, I picked my phone and called my friends who are MDs in different banks. I told them I needed to pay salaries and this is the little I have; almost nothing in the state account.

“I requested for a credit facility to allow me to pay over N7bn which is the state wage bill. That day, my intention was that maybe one or two will oblige me, but the five banks I called obliged me.”

He said civil servants received their alerts that evening and that gave a sense of fulfillment, being his first task in office.

The governor later held a closed-door meeting with the APC chiefs.

Briefing journalists after the meeting, the Publicity Secretary of party’s caretaker Committee, Mr Tunde Oladunjoye, said the governor called the meeting to brief them on the activities of his administration in the last one month.

https://punchng.com/i-took-n7bn-loan-to-pay-may-salaries-says-abiodun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
To pay salary or your political sponsors
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 8:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
Mumu and oponu like you, Lagos is the most indebted state in Nigeria yet they are the most advanced state. USA have the highest debt profile in the world, yet they are world's numéro uno. Sorry kid, which school did you attend before I know what to size you up with? So because a state pays worker's salary regularly means they are the best state. If I were to go by your childish and stupendous permutations, then Lagos shouldn't have been recording huge successes due to their high debts. With the so called "doing well" status of Eastern states, their citizens always save up to catch the next available bus to Lagos. It's either you're just being naive or you're totally lost. Grab a crash course on governance boy.

Which Lagos is developed? You must be ashamed of yourself for spewing that trash. A state whose governor spent the last 4 years constructing BRT bus stops is developed. Have you been to other African cities that generate as much IGR as Lagos to see what development is all about? A state littered with trash, bad roads, congested slums on the island and mainland, growing a new occupation of thuggery etc is developed? Lagos which is the smallest state in Nigeria is not even the neatest state neither does it have the best road network or least magnitude of Slums in the country. The state has borrowed over 1 trillion naira and still could not deliver on the light rail project. Useless state.
And please stop using the Easterners as a bench mark to judge your backwardness or progress. The easterners are found in large quantities in all states of the federation and the SE is the most densely populated geopolitical zone in Nigeria so don't get it twisted.

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by jbtobsyn(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:
This is too early tho... I really really hope he succeeds sha. These governors need to be more initiative and creative in generating IGR. One of the reasons why you have to respect Governor Akeredolu. My Governor has paid 7 months arrears inherited from the previous administration and he has not borrowed a dime for salaries or execution of any project.
This Dapo Abioun is lying. Which salary has he paid? Mapoly staffs has not been paid since January.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

Which Lagos is developed? You must be ashamed of yourself for spewing that trash. A state whose governor spent the last 4 years constructing BRT bus stops is developed. Have you been to other African cities that generate as much IGR as Lagos to see what development is all about? A state littered with trash, bad roads, contested slums on the island and mainland, growing a new occupation of thuggery etc is developed? Lagos which is the smallest state in Nigeria is not even the neatest state neither does it have the best road network or least magnitude of Slums in the country. The state has borrowed over 1 trillion naira and still could not deliver on the light rail project. Useless state.
And please stop using the Easterners as a bench mark to judge your backwardness or progress. The easterners are found in large quantities in all states of the federation and the SE is the most densely populated geopolitical zone in Nigeria so don't get it twisted.
I leave your case for your pastor to tackle. No matter how dilapidated Lagos could be, according to your "professional" summation, no state in Nigeria as we speak equals Lagos. Enjoy your day...

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Lightening: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
Mumu and oponu like you, Lagos is the most indebted state in Nigeria yet they are the most advanced state. USA have the highest debt profile in the world, yet they are world's numéro uno. Sorry kid, which school did you attend before I know what to size you up with? So because a state pays worker's salary regularly means they are the best state. If I were to go by your childish and stupendous permutations, then Lagos shouldn't have been recording huge successes due to their high debts. With the so called "doing well" status of Eastern states, their citizens always save up to catch the next available bus to Lagos. It's either you're just being naive or you're totally lost. Grab a crash course on governance boy.

See this Onuku. When their lies about SW's bouyancy are busted, they quickly reference Lagos which we all know was built by all Nigerians which makes it a nomansland.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by ceasare: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2019
Nukilia:

Why is it that nobody is asking Amosun about the source of finance for the weapons and the aim for purchase of the weapons

What a country! cry

He's buhari anointed son nobody dares question him.these are d things d populace see and they delve into crimes and illegality with d theme that if Mr A can get away with this why can I get away with mine.only God knows how many politicians have such amount of arms stockpiled somewhere in their houses....worse off his that d customs guys and DSS chaps on duty while this arms was imported will never get punished or discipline as Nobody gets disciplined for any infractions in Nigeria....it's really a jungle out there.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
I leave your case for your pastor to tackle. No matter how dilapidated Lagos could be, according to your "professional" summation, no state in Nigeria as we speak equals Lagos. Enjoy your day...

lol. You have nothing to say again.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2019
Lightening:

See this Onuku. When their lies about SW's bouyancy are busted, they quickly reference Lagos which we all know was built by all Nigerians which makes it a nomansland.
You've come again with your "nomansland " nonsense abi? You na no dey ever give up? I guess abuja, calabar and lokoja are no man's land too? These places were/is a seat of govt at one point in time yet the aren't close to Lagos. Calabar is very close to you people but you won't troop there, why? The answer is obvious. For you lots traveling hundreds of miles to come to Lagos instead of calabar shows how obsessed you are to Lagos. Lagos isn't the only former Federal capital so shut your trap up.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
You've come again with your "nomansland " nonsense abi? You na no dey ever give up? I guess abuja, calabar and lokoja are no man's land too? These places were/is a seat of govt at one point in time yet the aren't close to Lagos. Calabar is very close to you people but you won't troop there, why? The answer is obvious. For you lots traveling hundreds of miles to come to Lagos instead of calabar shows how obsessed you are to Lagos. Lagos isn't the only former Federal capital so shut your trap up.

Igbo people run major clothing and building materials markets in Calabar and its outskirts. Igbo people travel over 500km to Lagos and still travel over 800km to sokoto for business so don't make it look like we travel only to Lagos. We do business and make money to better our lives (and the eastern region) in all states across the federation. Your obsession with Ndigbo will not stop your Ogun state from borrowing from 12 banks to pay June salary lol

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2019
donbachi:
Him never sit down well.him don borrow 7billion..wen him don sit down well,i sorry 4 d state.
na the next governor go suffer am
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 9:17am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

Igbo people run major clothing and building materials markets in Calabar and its outskirts. Igbo people travel over 500km to Lagos and still travel over 800km to sokoto for business so don't make it look like we travel only to Lagos. We do business and make money to better our lives (and the eastern region) in all states across the federation. Your obsession with Ndigbo will not stop your Ogun state from borrowing from 12 banks to pay June salary lol
Has your abia governor borrowed another loan to share kerosene this month?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Fidelismaria: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2019
lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided

Why am I not surprised?

I knew this dapo guy is good for nothing

The only thing he knows how to do is visitation and taking of pictures

Yeye man
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by forgiveness: 9:20am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

Which Lagos is developed? You must be ashamed of yourself for spewing that trash. A state whose governor spent the last 4 years constructing BRT bus stops is developed. Have you been to other African cities that generate as much IGR as Lagos to see what development is all about? A state littered with trash, bad roads, congested slums on the island and mainland, growing a new occupation of thuggery etc is developed? Lagos which is the smallest state in Nigeria is not even the neatest state neither does it have the best road network or least magnitude of Slums in the country. The state has borrowed over 1 trillion naira and still could not deliver on the light rail project. Useless state.

Lagos is the first city that started using BRT system in the whole of Africa. Long before South Africa dreamt about it.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by forgiveness: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

Lagos state remains the most livable city in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by forgiveness: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

There are many cities in Lagos and they got levels.

In terms of slum, Cape town, Johannesburg, Nairobi (the slum capital of the whole world) etc have slims.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by IkpuMmadu: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2019
I thought the Lagos Ibadan expressway media said that Ogun State IGR is as high as that of New York

You see why we don't take them serious anymore

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by celeiyke: 9:27am On Jun 25, 2019
Y not owe d May salary and pay mid June
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
Has your abia governor borrowed another loan to share kerosene this month?

Sanwo olu should borrow to share more coca cola to lagosians lol. What of those poverty stricken Osun people who were receiving #10 Lipton lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2019
forgiveness:

Lagos state remains the most livable city in Nigeria.

lol with over 41,000 crime cases per year. Stop deceiving yourself Oga. Life in Abuja, Enugu and Calabar is less stressful than life in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 9:35am On Jun 25, 2019
forgiveness:

There are many cities in Lagos and they got levels.

In terms of slum, Cape town, Johannesburg, Nairobi (the slum capital of the whole world) etc have slims.

All cities have slums. Ibadan has the largest slum in Africa not Nairobi. Stop giving your record to Nairobi lol. There is nothing like many cities in Lagos. Lagos has just Island and Ikeja that are considered urban except you consider mushin and ijora as cities.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by IkpuMmadu: 9:40am On Jun 25, 2019
lonelydora:
Oga Dapo, we don't care where you got the money, just make sure you keep paying salaries.

A worker deserves his wage. Since all you governors don't have sense

By should he borrow to pay salaries! It then means that the workers are liabilities be use they can't workout money so why borrow to keep liabilities?
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by forgiveness: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

lol with over 41,000 crime cases per year. Stop deceiving yourself Oga. Life in Abuja, Enugu and Calabar is less stressful than life in Lagos

2019 Mercer quality of city rating ranked Lagos higher than Abuja. The reason Enugu and Calabar should not be in the picture.

Besides, see the snapshot below for you to have an idea how livability of cities are measured. Hence, Lagos remains the most livable city in Nigeria based on international ratings because no city in Nigeria beat Lagos in these factors.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by forgiveness: 9:48am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

All cities have slums. Ibadan has the largest slum in Africa not Nairobi. Stop giving your record to Nairobi lol. There is nothing like many cities in Lagos. Lagos has just Island and Ikeja that are considered urban except you consider mushin and ijora as cities.

You are not informed. Nairobi Kenya is the slum capital of the whole world. Cape town has the second largest slum in the Africa.

If you don't know about cities in Lagos ask and I will inform you. Lagos state is different from Lagos. Learn

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by TundeeednuT: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2019
Missperplexity0:
Please help a sister survive this hardship, all i want is a job in lagos or some donation to set up something.....3022388333
sister kindly goan drink sniper
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by bigjj: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2019
If it is an empty treachery, no cause for alarm since it not a debt you met. Just ensure you also use your initiative to prove to the electorate that you are good enough to be in that position.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by omowumi9: 10:15am On Jun 25, 2019
His Excellency, The people of the state deserve to know the state of the State's treasury. Their should be no secrecy in government. We need to know what you inherited, where you are starting from, where you are after the completion of your tenure and your achievements. This will enable us to measure your performance. Without this knowledge, we can't measure your performance.
Don't cover anything for the sake of transparency and sincererity of purpose in your administration.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by blank(f): 10:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Am still lost on how our leaders think how much more loan will u take to pay salaries, can't the state itself find a medium to be self sufficient..All our leaders are same tho same archaic thinking without new measures to change the life of their subject

How do you want to "self sufficiently' raise 7b in one day to be able to pay salaries? Resumed on the 29th and no money in treasury to pay salaries on the 31st. Think it through.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by omowumi9: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2019
Who received the allocation for the month of May? How much is the monthly personnel cost of Ogun State?

Let's pray we don't have to borrow to pay salaries subsequently.

blank:

How do you want to "self sufficiently' raise 7b in one day to be able to pay salaries? Resumed on the 29th and no money in treasury to pay salaries on the 31st. Think it through.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by da3pu0(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2019
As far as I know, Ogun state IGR is around seven billion per month in 2018 which I want to believe would increase in 2019. That alone would be able to pay the workers salary even though I don't know who collected the may IGR between the past government and the present. Its high time we Nigerians has to think. IGR of a state ought to take care of the workers salary and federal allocation ought to be used for development of the state. But the smart governors will bombard the citizens with lies that they borrow to pay salaries as well as developing the state. For a governor like amosun whom people trusted with their vote to get the 2nd term , he should have been shown the way out of the Senate to realise his f.up but instead the gullible set of Ogun state people go ahead to make him the Senate one more time. This clearly shows that they never learn . if care is not taken , this other man ( abiodun ) would do worst than amosun since he realizes his people are not wise enough . why can't they learn from Oyo politics where one useless ajimobi got the 2nd term on a platter of gold and started spitting rubbish to the elders and the workers. He lost his bid to the Senate and cost his party the governorship seat of the state even though their god fathers made Oyo state their home on the eve of election. Truth be told , its high time to vote for candidates with good pedigree, competence and vision . forget party affiliation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwo-Olu Inspects Red Rail Line Projects / Sahara Reporters To Abati: You Lied / Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.