Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries (20972 Views)

Tinubu Budgets N7bn For Renovating President, Vice Official Residences In Lagos / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn / Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by cantiride2: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2019
What makes you feel he has not borrowed a dime or is it Becos they hardly disclose information.
OndoFirstBorn:
This is too early tho... I really really hope he succeeds sha. These governors need to be more initiative and creative in generating IGR. One of the reasons why you have to respect Governor Akeredolu. My Governor has paid 7 months arrears inherited from the previous administration and he has not borrowed a dime for salaries or execution of any project.

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by donbachi(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Sorry for your worthless Abia State where your elders drink kerosene and sorry for those in Imo who elected a Governor engaging in gossiping and idle chatter.

20 years from now, those 2 states go hear am.
u just exhibited ur own frustration...lastly,i'm from bonny,rivers state.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by jadeliyi(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:
This is too early tho... I really really hope he succeeds sha. These governors need to be more initiative and creative in generating IGR. One of the reasons why you have to respect Governor Akeredolu. My Governor has paid 7 months arrears inherited from the previous administration and he has not borrowed a dime for salaries or execution of any project.
but this is this man second day which was on the 31 should he wait for the IGR to accumlate? or should he wait until the joint state account which was frozen to be unfrozen at the expense of the people

9 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by bluke(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2019
donbachi:
Him never sit down well.him don borrow 7billion..wen him don sit down well,i sorry 4 d state.

he;s a business man in govt, its busiocracy.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by zoedew: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2019
No problems. Ogun State can make that back in a jiffy. Get to work Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by lexy2014: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2019
nunmary:
taking loan to pay salaries?

What kind of rational thinking is that?

Just leave d guy. So he will take loan again to pay June salary.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by lexy2014: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2019
zoedew:
No problems. Ogun State can make that back in a jiffy. Get to work Sir!

So u believe d guy?
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by zoedew: 7:55am On Jun 25, 2019
lexy2014:

So u believe d guy?

I have no reason to disbelieve him.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by jrusky(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Hope its not too early for such huge debt and is Amosun that bad that he left no money in the govt purse?
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Olujoe1(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
My Brother God bless you.

Because of that, I will Build a free Logo for your Product or Business Brother
you can help my career too

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:

Let me guess that you have comprehension problem. Try to have small sense now, the man took power on the 29th and he paid salary on the 31st,........habaaaaaaa........let's appreciate him.

7 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2019
Sanromeo:

‘I met no money in the treasury’

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that he took a loan of N7bn to pay workers’ May salaries.

He said this on Monday while addressing leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

He added that he would rather focus on ensuring good governance in the state than pre-occupy himself with the actions or inactions of his predecessor.

He said “We have by far too many things to do than to begin to be bogged down by what someone did or what he did not do or what he left behind.

“I cannot begin to describe in the open to you the Ogun State that we inherited. I cannot begin to describe it to you. I will not because I have made up my mind that publicly and privately, I will not discuss anything about the past administration.

“We have resolved to draw the line and to move forward from there. We need to be focused. We are going to rebrand and re-launch the security trust fund.”

Abiodun added that his first challenge in office was how to pay the May workers’ salary, saying he had to call his friends who are managing directors of banks to get a credit facility of over N7bn to pay the workers.

He said, “30th day of May was our first day in office. And on the 31st, it dawn on me that it was the end of the month and we need to pay salaries.

“But here we are on our second day in office. I don’t even have an office; I don’t even know how to sign any document; I don’t even know what the protocols are. Suddenly, we realised it was 31st and I intend to keep my end of the tripartite agreement. So, I called the Head of Service; I told him we must pay salary. But he said to me, ‘You are new in government and everybody understands that you just assumed office and we don’t have that expectation of you paying salaries now. They (workers) will understand. There is very little or no money. We can talk to them.’

“I told the Head of Service, whether they (the workers) were expectant or not, it was my promise to the people that salaries would be paid as and when due.”

He added, “So, I picked my phone and called my friends who are MDs in different banks. I told them I needed to pay salaries and this is the little I have; almost nothing in the state account.

“I requested for a credit facility to allow me to pay over N7bn which is the state wage bill. That day, my intention was that maybe one or two will oblige me, but the five banks I called obliged me.”

He said civil servants received their alerts that evening and that gave a sense of fulfillment, being his first task in office.

The governor later held a closed-door meeting with the APC chiefs.

Briefing journalists after the meeting, the Publicity Secretary of party’s caretaker Committee, Mr Tunde Oladunjoye, said the governor called the meeting to brief them on the activities of his administration in the last one month.

https://punchng.com/i-took-n7bn-loan-to-pay-may-salaries-says-abiodun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I THINK EMBITTERED IBIKUNLE AMOSUN MUST HAVE CREATED THAT SCENARIO FOR HIM.

Following the events that led to him being denied his choice for governor of Ogun state.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Abogwara: 8:10am On Jun 25, 2019
Everyday Rochas this Okorocha that but yet he left 48 billion Naira for his successor and for the last one month they've been searching in vain for what to use against him but ended up finding only potholes. God bless Okorocha

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2019
He should take a closer look at the wage bill, it's impossibly huge for a mostly rural economy like Ogun state where Abeokuta is the only mid-sized town!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2019
well it's time to hit the ground running..let's not hear you borrow to pay this June salaries again...bravo
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2019
This is the same Ogun state whose IGR is bigger than that of New York city oo lol
Nigeria and useless leaders eh
Abia was sharing Kerosene
Lagos was sharing coca cola
Osun was sharing Lipton
Ekiti was sharing agege bread
Ogun was showcasing fake rice pyramid and fake IGR. chai lol

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2019
tyson98:

Stfu Amosun drained ogun state we the residents know!
prove it with facts instead of meresays. Prove it oga!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2019
He should take a closer look at the wage bill, it's impossibly huge for a mostly rural economy like Ogun state where Abeokuta is the only mid-sized town
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2019
wink2015:

I THINK EMBITTERED IBIKUNLE AMOSUN MUST HAVE CREATED THAT SCENARIO FOR HIM.

Following the events that led to him being denied his choice for governor of Ogun state.

You're right. Amosun too met empty treasury and perhaps he did decide to leave it empty. All politicians are rogues.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Angelfrost(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2019
"I met no money in the treasury".... I didn't bother reading beyond that blatant, silly, and unnecessary lie.

I have learnt not to take self-hyping leaders who claim they met empty treasuries serious... Grandstanding and playing to the gallery irritate me in no small measure.

Nigga get to work, and leave cheap lies for Sir. Mohammed. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2019
zoedew:

I have no reason to disbelieve him.
if you dare believe a politician, you're deluded. Who knows if this governor is lying or not? Most of them always tarnish their predecessor's name for cheap political gains. I know this because I'm in the known.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:
This is the same Ogun state whose IGR is bigger than that of New York city oo lol
Nigeria and useless leaders eh
Abia was sharing Kerosene
Lagos was sharing coca cola
Osun was sharing Lipton
Ekiti was sharing agege bread
Ogun was showcasing fake rice pyramid and fake IGR. chai lol
ogun state truly make the IGR, so shut up. Whether they aren't using it appropriately is another topic. Statistics don't lie kiddo...

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
ogun state truly make the IGR, so shut up. Whether they aren't using it appropriately is another topic. Statistics don't lie kiddo...

lol
Keep giving yourself hope. The governor currently borrowed from 5 banks, next time, he will borrow from 12 banks lol
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2019
Keep believing these governors at your own detriment. What they do is clear what they met in the states coffer on the assumption of office, to offset their election debts, and then come openly to declare the state's treasury empty. We already know their antics. I will advise him to start working and stop all these lamentations because 4 years is just around the corner. Government is continuum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by BeijinDossier: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2019
This useless old man stop embarrassing the sane people of your state. What about over 200billion incurred by okoroawusa?

200-48=?

Okoroawusa actually messed up imo state. Just wait for the committee setup to calculate the total debt of imo state to conclude work. The debt okoroawusa left behind is mind blowing

Abogwara:
Everyday Rochas this Okorocha that but yet he left 48 billion Naira for his successor and for the last one month they've been searching in vain for what to use against him but ended up finding only potholes. God bless Okorocha
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:30am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

lol
Keep giving yourself hope. The governor currently borrowed from 5 banks, next time, he will borrow from 12 banks lol
Why do I have to prove anything to you, a sheer novice of happenings in ogun state? Say what you desire, ogun generate IGR the size of all the 5 eastern states combined. What the governor chooses to do with the money remain a seperate topic. Use your brain boy. Lagos is Nigeria's economic hub and ogun state is enjoying spill-over from Lagos. An average Lagos business man will prefer to move his business to ogun state if need arises, due to proximity, rather than taking it afar which means more money for ogun govt. Common sense isn't common.

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Lightening: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2019
Sanromeo:

‘I met no money in the treasury’

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that he took a loan of N7bn to pay workers’ May salaries.

He said this on Monday while addressing leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

He added that he would rather focus on ensuring good governance in the state than pre-occupy himself with the actions or inactions of his predecessor.

He said “We have by far too many things to do than to begin to be bogged down by what someone did or what he did not do or what he left behind.

“I cannot begin to describe in the open to you the Ogun State that we inherited. I cannot begin to describe it to you. I will not because I have made up my mind that publicly and privately, I will not discuss anything about the past administration.

“We have resolved to draw the line and to move forward from there. We need to be focused. We are going to rebrand and re-launch the security trust fund.”

Abiodun added that his first challenge in office was how to pay the May workers’ salary, saying he had to call his friends who are managing directors of banks to get a credit facility of over N7bn to pay the workers.

He said, “30th day of May was our first day in office. And on the 31st, it dawn on me that it was the end of the month and we need to pay salaries.

“But here we are on our second day in office. I don’t even have an office; I don’t even know how to sign any document; I don’t even know what the protocols are. Suddenly, we realised it was 31st and I intend to keep my end of the tripartite agreement. So, I called the Head of Service; I told him we must pay salary. But he said to me, ‘You are new in government and everybody understands that you just assumed office and we don’t have that expectation of you paying salaries now. They (workers) will understand. There is very little or no money. We can talk to them.’

“I told the Head of Service, whether they (the workers) were expectant or not, it was my promise to the people that salaries would be paid as and when due.”

He added, “So, I picked my phone and called my friends who are MDs in different banks. I told them I needed to pay salaries and this is the little I have; almost nothing in the state account.

“I requested for a credit facility to allow me to pay over N7bn which is the state wage bill. That day, my intention was that maybe one or two will oblige me, but the five banks I called obliged me.”

He said civil servants received their alerts that evening and that gave a sense of fulfillment, being his first task in office.

The governor later held a closed-door meeting with the APC chiefs.

Briefing journalists after the meeting, the Publicity Secretary of party’s caretaker Committee, Mr Tunde Oladunjoye, said the governor called the meeting to brief them on the activities of his administration in the last one month.

https://punchng.com/i-took-n7bn-loan-to-pay-may-salaries-says-abiodun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Ogun, a state touted to have a higher IGR than the whole SE put together is borrowing to pay salary. However Anambra taunted for having the lowest IGR has never borrowed to pay salary.
Lies always find it's way to the surface because liers most times are caught off guard.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Unbiased1: 8:35am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
Why do I have to prove anything to you, a sheer novice of happenings in ogun state? Say what you desire, ogun generate IGR the size of all the 5 eastern states combined. What the governor chooses to do with the money remain a seperate topic. Use your brain boy. Lagos is Nigeria's economic hub and ogun state is enjoying spill over from Lagos. An average Lagos business man will prefer to move his business to ogun state if need arises, due to proximity, rather than taking it afar which means more money for ogun govt. Common sense isn't common.

bla bla bla
this does not change the fact that the state borrows to pay salaries when Kebbi with a much weaker IGR pays salaries in time without borrowing. Ogun will soon borrow from 12 banks to pay June salary just watch and see lol
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by RockHard: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2019
Gazzy88:
prove it with facts instead of meresays. Prove it oga!!!!

Guy, I hope you followed Amosun to chop Ogun money, with the way you are defending him like so. He should release a press statement to offer his own side because Dapo's allegations are very weighty. We were all made to believe that Amosun's management prowess of the state was tops, with the reported high IGR and all, but all that seems to be a scam. Either way, I hope you are enjoying your share of the loot. wink

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by RexTramadol1: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2019
nunmary:
taking loan to pay salaries?

What kind of rational thinking is that?

Rational irrational thinking
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2019
Unbiased1:

bla bla bla
this does not change the fact that the state borrows to pay salaries when Kebbi with a much weaker IGR pays salaries in time without borrowing. Ogun will soon borrow from 12 banks to pay June salary just watch and see lol
Mumu and oponu like you, Lagos is the most indebted state in Nigeria yet they are the most advanced state. USA have the highest debt profile in the world, yet they are world's numéro uno. Sorry kid, which school did you attend before I know what to size you up with? So because a state pays worker's salary regularly means they are the best state. If I were to go by your childish and stupendous permutations, then Lagos shouldn't have been recording huge successes due to their high debts. With the so called "doing well" status of Eastern states, their citizens always save up to catch the next available bus to Lagos. It's either you're just being naive or you're totally lost. Grab a crash course on governance boy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Sagay Says Buhari’s Silence Fueling More Crisis In APC / Law To Legalise Cultivation Of Marijuana In Nigeria Underway / Demolition Threat: Tinubu May Sacrifice You – Daniel Bwala Warns Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.