Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others (25338 Views)

Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / 9/11 Attack: Biden Announces The Withdrawal Of U.S Troops From Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Aidejay(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
9jvirgin:
The whole of Africa should be a country instead what we have is 54 senseless people parading themselves as "presidents"
damn! Savage

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by nwakibie3(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
TrollKiller:
Ipob pigs caused this nonsense

ipob is not the cause of your frustration

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
That's the only way for Africa but greed won't let her leaders come together.
Everybody want to be president and governors. Gadaffi was fighting for this course.

9jvirgin:
The whole of Africa should be a country instead what we have is 54 senseless people parading themselves as "presidents"

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by chloride6: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
This country isnt serious...

1st RTGS dollar

Then this,
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by JimohMomoh: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
foster212:
Buhari caused this.

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Ningi2020(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
TrollKiller:
Ipob pigs caused this nonsense
I agree with ur point, Ipob re bad market everywhere the go
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Zuriel100(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
one hundred trillion dollars??¿¿

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Maket: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Thank God it was stopped in Nigeria. If not .......
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by ferrariLaferrari: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
I don laugh tire for this tread
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by veesion: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
9jvirgin:
Except Rwanda and a few other I can say
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by chapmanapr: 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
Very brilliant move! If anyone wants to buy goods or services in Zimbabwe, they would have to buy Zimbabwe Dollars. I pray CBN would do the same.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by blowjohn(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
RDPMAN:
Everyone living in Zimbabwe is a billionaire grin grin grin

u mean poor billionaires grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by holywind(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
RDPMAN:
hahahahahahahahahahaha grin
RDPMAN:
hahahahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Adejal: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
African leaders ought to have agreed on a uniform currency for the whole continent maybe things would work out for us, we can't continue blaming the oyinbos for slavery, colonialism etc for our failures
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by crackhouse(m): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Way to go. Nigeria too should impose sanctions on US. How can Trump refer to our President as Lifeless?
slowpoke. U can't even read and understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Oharina(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
That means if i should land in zimbabwe with one hundred thousand naira, i will be like a god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by 2eggs1goal: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
What most African countries should be fighting is the rate of inflation..

High inflation rate makes African currencies very useless
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by haryomikun(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
ogbonti:

I hope Sowore and all those minimum wage must be 100,000 naira a month crusaders are listening

It is not the quantity of currency that you receive that matters, it is the Purchasing power of the currency!
I've said it several times to several people. A 100k minimum wage will run the country down.

One thing I however fail to understand is how developed countries have high minimum wages and still have controlled inflation rate.

The only way I can presume possible for high minimum wage and low inflation is to find a way to concurrently increase the rate of unemployment which isn't beneficial for any nation.

Do you have any answer about that sir?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by cactusland(m): 1:14am On Jul 01, 2019
9jvirgin:
2 kings still, eSwatini and Lesotho
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by booksrite001: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2019
blowjohn:
u mean poor billionaires

Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by udemzyudex(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
ogbonti:

I hope Sowore and all those minimum wage must be 100,000 naira a month crusaders are listening

It is not the quantity of currency that you receive that matters, it is the Purchasing power of the currency!

Oga is Zimbabwe the only country in Africa, South Africa, Kenya etc get 5 heads?

Stop comparing this country with Zimbabwe, lagos alone can stand them.
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by blowjohn(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
booksrite001:

Confused?
Re: Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others by Horus(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqcwqtiO_4

Zimbabwe Bans USD & UK Pounds As New Currency Introduced

Zimbabwe has banned the use of USD and UK pound from being used in the country as they try to exit the multi-currency system
that has made them very vulnerable to the financial manipulations of "foreign powers"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her / Russian Debt Default Is Now Very Likely After The US Blocked Payments / Saad Hariri Resigns As Lebanese Prime Minister After Nationwide Mass Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.