Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her (25346 Views)

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown / Woman Sued Police For Shooting Her Dog 15 Times / Shocking Facts Of Pistorius' Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by mukina2: 2:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

They were also briefed about the model’s death by police and lawyers from the state prosecutor’s office.

In a sworn affidavit read to the bail hearing in Pretoria magistrates’ court last week, Pistorius claimed that he used the bat to break down the toilet door after the shooting, saying he had not realised his girlfriend was in the bathroom.

The bloodstained bat, which is currently being examined by a police forensics team, will be key evidence when Pistorius goes on trial for premeditated murder.

The ‘Blade Runner’ – who has previously boasted about having a cricket bat, pistol and machine gun at home to defend himself against intruders – claims the bat became blood-spattered at the scene.

Last week the prosecution did not mention any details about the bat and the role they believe it played in Reeva’s death, opting not to disclose their case against Pistorius. But to secure bail, Pistorius’s legal team had to detail his defence, which included why he had a blood-spattered cricket bat in his possession on the fatal night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283507/Horrified-family-told-Pistorius-DID-beat-Reeva-cricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html?ICO=most_read_module
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by devigblegble: 2:54am On Feb 25, 2013
too many different stories everyday

3 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by tellwisdom: 3:00am On Feb 25, 2013
I have been hearing this pistorious for some time now…Please what exactly is pistorious?? sad

7 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Feb 25, 2013
Choiii!! if to say dis tin happen for 9ja, i wonder how our police force for handle am undecided dem for don even arrest all the neighbours wen dey live for that street.

18 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by bookface: 3:05am On Feb 25, 2013
tellwisdom: I have been hearing this pistorious for some time now…Please what exactly is pistorious?? sad

It's a plant that is used for sexual charms.

34 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by ayando(m): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2013
diff stories. Na wa o. Smh
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by huninaija(f): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2013
I wonder why the details of the post mortem examination where withheld from last week's bail hearing?

I believe theirs much more to this case than meets the eye!

with the type of evidence being submitted it seems pistorious doesn't have clean hands...

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Nobody: 3:07am On Feb 25, 2013
South African forensic department is lousy. I can still remember the poor examinations and tests they conducted on Marakina dead miners.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 25, 2013
mukina2: Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

They were also briefed about the model’s death by police and lawyers from the state prosecutor’s office.

In a sworn affidavit read to the bail hearing in Pretoria magistrates’ court last week, Pistorius claimed that he used the bat to break down the toilet door after the shooting, saying he had not realised his girlfriend was in the bathroom.

The bloodstained bat, which is currently being examined by a police forensics team, will be key evidence when Pistorius goes on trial for premeditated murder.

The ‘Blade Runner’ – who has previously boasted about having a cricket bat, pistol and machine gun at home to defend himself against intruders – claims the bat became blood-spattered at the scene.

Last week the prosecution did not mention any details about the bat and the role they believe it played in Reeva’s death, opting not to disclose their case against Pistorius. But to secure bail, Pistorius’s legal team had to detail his defence, which included why he had a blood-spattered cricket bat in his possession on the fatal night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283507/Horrified-family-told-Pistorius-DID-beat-Reeva-cricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html?ICO=most_read_module
OP another Saharareporter wanna be.Where did you get this information,I guess you are among the Police men that carried out the investigation?Can you imagine the nonsense saying that the police told her family.Where is it done in investigation that findings of such will be revealed to just the family of the deceased.Spits on thread and click to another page

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by dare2think: 3:10am On Feb 25, 2013
I knew the bail may very well be to his detriment. The prosecutors will definitely have a lot of ammunition and would play this game like a poker game, they wont show their hands until they get him on trial. (Assuming they are good lawyers)

If the above is true and the forensic can prove he did use the bat on her, he is a goner! because he has a sworn affidavit already.

I bet he would eventually want a deal, I hope the prosecutors refuse.

Dude must serve the time, he killed someone daughter and sister.

8 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Mohjyh(f): 3:20am On Feb 25, 2013
bookface:

grin
bookface:

Looool
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by YorubaOmoge: 3:25am On Feb 25, 2013
Ok, he killed her.
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by pomporiking: 3:25am On Feb 25, 2013
Tomorrow we go hear sey na kabakaba d guy dey dance to

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by chymystique(f): 3:26am On Feb 25, 2013
Wait oo wah r d MODs Doin awake eh? kiss ets 3:27am ooo smiley
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Mohjyh(f): 3:30am On Feb 25, 2013
pompori king: Tomorrow we go hear sey na kabakaba d guy dey dance to

with a gun in his hands abi?

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by YorubaOmoge: 3:35am On Feb 25, 2013
Mohjyh:

with a gun in his hands abi?
grin

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by free2ryhme: 3:35am On Feb 25, 2013
reserved
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 25, 2013
ok, so now it's very clear, he killed her
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by YorubaOmoge: 3:44am On Feb 25, 2013
Sybellah: ok, so now it's very clear, he killed her

Yea, I guess the first few screams te neighbors heard was during the skull bashing, before the gun shots.

I mean, it makes no sense to shoot her 4 times and then bash her skull afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by ghostofsparta(m): 3:52am On Feb 25, 2013
all4naija: South African forensic department is lousy. I can still remember the poor examinations and tests they conducted on Marakina dead miners.

[size=18pt]Really? but as lousy as they may be, can we even boast of having effective crime scene investigators in Nigeria much less of forensics[/size] tongue

3 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by JNdupu: 3:53am On Feb 25, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Yea, I guess the first few screams te neighbors heard was during the skull bashing, before the gun shots.

I mean, it makes no sense to shoot her 4 times and then bash her skull afterwards.

This was discredited in court. The so-called "neighbors" live more than 600 meters away.

I think these drip-drip breifings from the Police is very unprofessional and seems designed to turn the public against him. It won't be allowed in places like the UK because they are effectively prejudicing the case.
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by 50calibre(m): 4:09am On Feb 25, 2013
JNdupu:

This was discredited in court. The so-called "neighbors" live more than 600 meters away.

I think these drip-drip breifings from the Police is very unprofessional and seems designed to turn the public against him. It won't be allowed in places like the UK because they are effectively prejudicing the case.

Yes you won't hear that in the UK because the UK is fu*ked up, their whole court process is shrouded in secrecy unlike places like the US where the public are kept abreast of the latest developments of a case.

E.g when MJ died, results of his autopsy were already public few weeks after his death, long before the trial of his doctor.
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

correct! and that Pistorious dude is evil and i-diot!
bashing her skull with a bat? did he expect this not to be known at least after the autopsy?
it's awkward how he thought he could get away with such weak lies
there must be smthg fishy going on, he must be counting on something

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by azpekuliar: 4:12am On Feb 25, 2013
ghostofsparta:

[size=18pt]Really? but as lousy as they may be, can we even boast of having effective crime scene investigators in Nigeria much less of forensics[/size] tongue

No we can't. Forensics is as good as a dead art in the Nigerian Police Force!
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by metti(m): 4:28am On Feb 25, 2013
tellwisdom: I have been hearing this pistorious for some time now…Please what exactly is pistorious?? sad
Pistorious is a South African sprinter. He is an amputee but runs with able body men using artificial legs called Blade. Hence His nick name The Blade Runner. He represented South African at the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by puskin: 4:31am On Feb 25, 2013
all4naija: South African forensic department is lousy. I can still remember the poor examinations and tests they conducted on Marakina dead miners.

....and where naija own dey?? undecided
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by YorubaOmoge: 4:47am On Feb 25, 2013
Sybellah:

correct! and that Pistorious dude is evil and i-diot!
bashing her skull with a bat? did he expect this not to be known at least after the autopsy?
it's awkward how he thought he could get away with such weak lies
there must be smthg fishy going on, he must be counting on something

Lol that's prolly why he gave the "I bashed the door with the bat" explanation for later leverage.

The toilet seat was nowhere close to the door, so how will he be able to explain this one o.

JNdupu:

Yea, I said sth about this on another thread.
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by drlizzy(f): 5:08am On Feb 25, 2013
Roland17: Choiii!! if to say dis tin happen for 9ja, i wonder how our police force for handle am undecided dem for don even arrest all the neighbours wen dey live for that street.
Very True
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by Iaz93: 5:22am On Feb 25, 2013
OK
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by denny4ril: 5:23am On Feb 25, 2013
bookface:

what an answer....! LWKMD
Re: Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her by fittty(m): 5:26am On Feb 25, 2013
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saad Hariri Resigns As Lebanese Prime Minister After Nationwide Mass Protests / Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media / Biden Imposes Visa Ban On 76 Saudis Over Khashoggi's Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.