Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

3 Reasons Why Your ECM (car Brain Box) Always Go Bad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Reasons Why Your ECM (car Brain Box) Always Go Bad (1263 Views)

Training On Automobile Electronics, ECM/PCM/Brainbox And Hybrid Systems On Video / 5 Indications Of A Faulty Engine Control Module(ECM) / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Your ECM (car Brain Box) Always Go Bad by spiralwedge(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Due to the recent occurrence to my car that warranted changing of its brainbodx, I would like to post this article I found online to help others.

Read what happened to my car here >>>https://www.nairaland.com/5250500/after-engine-washing-honda-baby

The brain box is also known as Powertrain Control Module (PCM), or Engine Control Module (ECM).

Three major reasons are.

1. Removing the battery head while the key is plugged to the ignition switch

2. Allowing water get in contact with the ECM (brain box)

3. This may look unimportant but it counts, do not allow any naked wiring in your car , ensure to tape any when you find one. All the body of your car is earthy allowing any expose will result to short circuiting which may damage the ECM

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Highway Code?? / Don't Be Scared Of High Mileage Cars / Opel Zafira 7 Seaters For Sale, Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.