Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

"Oh, The Love That Unveiled Me: The Grace That Set Me Free!" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Oh, The Love That Unveiled Me: The Grace That Set Me Free!" (308 Views)

Mbaka: They Planned To Use Prostitutes To Set Me Up Before Killing Me / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor David Ibiyeomie: Any Love That Does Not Involve Giving Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Oh, The Love That Unveiled Me: The Grace That Set Me Free!" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
OH, THE LOVE THAT UNVEILED ME: THE GRACE THAT SET ME FREE!
**To My Muslim Friends; this is especially for you**

My experience as a follower of Jesus Christ is indescribable, and it is immeasurable; but I will try telling it to you in a very simple language that you will hopefully understand here, though the full story which time will not permit me to put down here is long. Look, no one is paying me anything to relate it to you, I'm not soliciting for a favor, and I stand alone to tell you the truth even though I may have to suffer for it again because I strongly believe in this truth.

I will never forget that day, when Jesus Christ Himself, the One "Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" according to Philippians 2:6. The One Whom God referred to as "My Only begotten Son in whom I'm well pleased." I'm talking about Jesus Christ who was present at creation and before everything else was created He was present; and how He came down to me in His light and glory and said to me, "I am the way, the truth and the life, follow me."

Before that day I have never known that these words were written in the bible, but I later discovered them in John 14:6. No, I cannot describe HIM nor use any picture to describe what I saw. I have never prayed as a Christian before but somehow I found myself kneeling down to pray asking Jesus to forgive my sin and take me. I saw myself sobbing with tears that come with both feeling of joy that I saw Jesus, and feelings of fear that if I'm caught with this act something bad will happen to me.

It was a week before my scheduled Qur'an completion ceremony to recite the entire "holy book" end to end at a very young age. I was never exposed to Christianity before this time. In fact, my grandfather was a notable Imam... Long story short, after my short prayer there was an unusual confidence with peace that I had that evening. I wasn't interested in the Qur'an recitation ceremony anymore, and I skipped my Islam evening prayers (Maghrib and Isha). There was this burning desire for me to know more about Jesus who appeared to me.

Just a day before this experience I was drawn to a close relationship with a friend, named Blessing of Deeper Christian Life Ministry. The way she related to her family and the love in their home got me very interested to know the motivation behind it. Though she did invite me to her church event at one point where I also listened to a sound bible teaching…Time won't permit me to share the persecution experience at this time, but the Lord helped me through it....Everyone in my Islamic school knows me as a very zealous student, and so were my family members. I held to most of the five pillars of Islam (five daily prayers, fasting during Ramadan, etc.). I went beyond reading the "holy book" to reading books of "Hadith."

No, my instructor (mallam Luqman) will never have thought of "Christian journey"….long story short, this salvation experience was real, I felt it, I witnessed it, and I accepted the consequences that followed_severe persecution that almost took my life. Yet, this same Jesus has never failed me throughout the journey till today. There were trying times; including persecution from false Christian believers, but my personal encounter with Jesus is what has kept me this long. Of course some of you that know the story can take your mind back to some of the things I had to endure to preserve this wonderful experience…

Friend, yes, Jesus is the ONLY way. He appeared to me twice and told me so, and His words to me are validated in the bible. I encourage you to read the entire books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the New Testament. Start with John and read the rest afterwards. I pray you will experience Him, not so much because anyone coarse you into it, but because you experience Him yourself. This is the only way you can stand in the days of persecution and affliction as a result. Do not use today's Christianity as a yardstick because it may fail you.

This thing I'm talking about is not just about Church and their principles. As you are reading the life of Jesus note down what is coming to your mind. Focus your heart on God as you want to know Him. You will be born again alone when you confess your sins, and accept Jesus into your heart, not with a Church founder or other Christians though they can help to encourage you. The ultimate is your personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. There is no other way, but following Jesus. There is a passion that controls the world and flesh. You need the divine nature of God imparted in you to overcome the doubts and belief systems of this world. I will stop here for now until another time on this topic.

Please bow down your head, focus your mind on Him and say the following prayer: 'O God Almighty, I thank you for your greatness. Though I do not fully understand this concept, I come to you to show me the way. Forgive me of all my sin. Let Jesus come into my heart and dwell there. Send your Spirit to teach it to me now. Let your presence be fully with me, I believe in you. Jesus is your Son. Help me to walk with you from now on. I pray these things in the name of Jesus, amen.' Friend, if you just pray this, you are now a new creature, meaning you are now "born again." I need you to look for a bible believing church and talk with someone about your new experience. Make out time to attend their bible study for new converts. They will help you in your new walk with God.

For the rest of you who have been "Christians" for a while now: What is your present relationship with God? Do you have a personal encounter that you can point back to? Or are you just following church and being religious? How discouraged are you with the journey because the real thing wasn't there to begin with? How are you now? The only way you can stand on your convictions is when you truly have the real thing-genuine salvation experience. This with the grace of God is what kept me until today living in the United States and still maintaining that conviction. It's not because people in my church didn't offend me, in fact they did many times. It's not because other "believers" have not done something unimaginable that would have sent me away, but I have learned to look on the ONE who appeared to me, the One who died on the cross to save me.

This is about eternity, and you. It's not about opinions of others, make your election sure today. God knows every details of your life. This is not a time to play games or religious scheme. It is a time to take these things very serious because the coming of The Lord is at hand. I am praying for you. Remain blessed. - Mrs. Rabi E.

The following are some bible verses:

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." [Word here is referring to Jesus Christ ok].

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Oh, The Love That Unveiled Me: The Grace That Set Me Free!" by EniHolar(f): 4:07am On Jun 26, 2019
Saving grace
Re: "Oh, The Love That Unveiled Me: The Grace That Set Me Free!" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
EniHolar:

Saving grace

To God be the glory. smiley

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Respond When A Church Leader Is Found Guilty Of Abuse / Jahova Witness Founder Was A Mason? New Video About The Organization / How Do I Know My Relationship With God Is Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.