Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition (8441 Views)

Ngige Withdraws From 2023 Presidential Race (See The Letter) / NWC Panel Dissociates Self From Ongoing APC Primary In Lagos / 2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Condemns Saraki’s Declaration, Dissociates Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Amarachi1990: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
xGovernor David Umahi has dissociated himself from the purported inauguration of a campaign platform known as ‘Southeast for President 2023’.

He described the inauguration of the group on Tuesday in Abakaliki, the state capital as a distraction.

Umahi in a statement by his chief press secretary, Emmanuel Uzor dissociated himself and his Government from any form of political gathering with intent to promote him for President in 2023.

He said he is more committed to delivering quality and purposeful leadership to the people of Ebonyi State.

Uzor said that promoters of his purported 2023 Presidential ambition did not have his support and therefore should not link him with any election that is four years ahead.

“The Governor was greatly embarrassed by the link to Presidential ambition of 2023 being circulated in various social media platforms and wishes to state that he will not be distracted by the various endorsements by groups and individuals who clamour for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction”, Mr Uzor said.

“Governor Umahi does not know the promoters of the platform and could not have contracted them to do the job but believes that any genuine and law abiding Nigerians reserve the right to go about their business as long as it doesn’t not impinge on laid down rules of the country “

The statement further quoted the governor as having dismissed the insinuation of his Presidential ambition.

“2023 is still very far ahead of us. I am the Governor of Ebonyi State and a second term Governor for that matter by the grace of God, I put all my energy and concentration to serve my people as Governor and deliver on my Campaign promises. I am not looking at where I will be tomorrow. Allow God to determine my next political fate but don’t distract me with Presidential ambition of 2023 now in 2019, its ridiculous”

“Let me say again, as a Nigerian and Igbo man and in my capacity as the Chairman of South East Governors Forum, I am not against the idea or agitation for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction but linking me to it at this time is mostly embarrassing, distracting and premature and I beg to be left out of it,” Umahi said.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/umahi-dissociates-self-2023-presidential-ambition/

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
Is too late to reject what you stage planned.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Egalitarian1: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
Ok o
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by sparog(m): 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
These people must think we are all fools oh

Even if some of us are fools as shown by comments here on nairaland

grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by GentleMoney: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2019

1 Share

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by helinues: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
grin grin

Dave is a presidential materials but not ripe yet for 2023

ACF - Arewa Cash Forum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Governor David Umahi has dissociated himself from the purported inauguration of a campaign platform known as ‘Southeast for President 2023’.

Lol cheesy wink grin grin.

For more jokes : Text 2023 Presidential Ambition to 419.

grin cheesy wink wink grin grin cheesy wink

STARBOY we know!! wink
Continuity is sure!!

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!
wink

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by NOL2dworld(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
After hearing some people are stocking weapons and ammunition in their houses..

Who won die.
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good to know.
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
livelymatilda:

Why is it that Igbos are their own greatest Enemy? Why do you hate this man so much?

Ask Wikipedia, yahoo or google.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Kobicove(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
I agree with him...

The agitation is rather premature undecided
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by chiedu7: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
See Mumu that whats to sell the South East to the fulanis.

livelymatilda:

Why is it that Igbos are their own greatest Enemy? Why do you hate this man so much? Is it because he is from Ebonyi or what? Does that makes him a lesser Igbo?

We dont like sell outs.
you seem to have no issue with them,we do.

For Fulani Herdsmen to endorse Umahi,it means he has sold out to them

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by MarianaTrench: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
Aurielfinizu:
A man with Sense..

He wants to focus on ebonyi state 1st

This is a man who has his pple at heart..

Unilke rochas and orji kalu and co..

Okoroawusa is the most selfish easterner alive!
(Notice that I did not refer to him as an Igbo man)

1 Like

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by livelymatilda: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Ask Wikipedia, yahoo or google.
I am asking you..

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2019
A man with Sense..

He wants to focus on ebonyi state 1st

This is a man who has his pple at heart..

Unilke rochas and orji kalu and co..

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
livelymatilda:

I am asking you..

Am not the editot in Wikipedia neither do I work in Google developing circle.....

Why me?
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by MetaPhysical: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
Amarachi1990:
xGovernor David Umahi has dissociated himself from the purported inauguration of a campaign platform known as ‘Southeast for President 2023’.

He described the inauguration of the group on Tuesday in Abakaliki, the state capital as a distraction.

Umahi in a statement by his chief press secretary, Emmanuel Uzor dissociated himself and his Government from any form of political gathering with intent to promote him for President in 2023.

He said he is more committed to delivering quality and purposeful leadership to the people of Ebonyi State.

Uzor said that promoters of his purported 2023 Presidential ambition did not have his support and therefore should not link him with any election that is four years ahead.

“The Governor was greatly embarrassed by the link to Presidential ambition of 2023 being circulated in various social media platforms and wishes to state that he will not be distracted by the various endorsements by groups and individuals who clamour for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction”, Mr Uzor said.

“Governor Umahi does not know the promoters of the platform and could not have contracted them to do the job but believes that any genuine and law abiding Nigerians reserve the right to go about their business as long as it doesn’t not impinge on laid down rules of the country “

The statement further quoted the governor as having dismissed the insinuation of his Presidential ambition.

“2023 is still very far ahead of us. I am the Governor of Ebonyi State and a second term Governor for that matter by the grace of God, I put all my energy and concentration to serve my people as Governor and deliver on my Campaign promises. I am not looking at where I will be tomorrow. Allow God to determine my next political fate but don’t distract me with Presidential ambition of 2023 now in 2019, its ridiculous”

“Let me say again, as a Nigerian and Igbo man and in my capacity as the Chairman of South East Governors Forum, I am not against the idea or agitation for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction but linking me to it at this time is mostly embarrassing, distracting and premature and I beg to be left out of it,” Umahi said.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/umahi-dissociates-self-2023-presidential-ambition/

MACBAN pronounced him a Presidential hopeful in 2023. Why did he not tell them face to face that he wanted to be left out? Does macban go in there with charms to speak to these guys? How come they dont have their voice when in same room with macban and they only wake up a week later to speak to press? Was he deaf when macban security partners told him he would be President in 2023?

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by valuedammy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
They don't even know if God will spare his life till 23rd of next month, they want him to contest for President in the year 2023.
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
MarianaTrench:

Okoroawusa is the most selfish easterner alive!
(Notice that I did not refer to him as an Igbo man)

Yes oo, but he is better than yeye Bello of kogi
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
the earlier the better

Unless you want to port to APc and slug it out with Tinubu

The PDP have already zoned the presidency to the north

1 Like

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Richkid97(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
No South Yeast will smell that sit
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Richkid97(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
Tinubu or Osinbajo 2023
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Officialgarri: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
Umahi for president. Talk and do

The only issue is workers might suffer a lot, but in terms of infrastructure, Nigeria will move forward

1 Like

Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Benekruku(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
If you like, dissociate yourself

You still the most viable candidate after Orji Uzor Kalu
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by LLobiorah: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:

MACBAN pronounced him a Presidential hopeful in 2023. Why did he not tell them face to face that he wanted to be left out? Does macban go in there with charms to speak to these guys? How come they dont have their voice when in same room with macban and they only wake up a week later to speak to press? Was he deaf when macban security partners told him he would be President in 2023?

He had his deputy representing him in the meeting chief.
Re: Umahi Dissociates Self From 2023 Presidential Ambition by Guyman02: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
He wants to deny his agreement with Miyetti Allah sad
Let him come and establish Fulani vigilante in Igboland let us see. Efulefu angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Stop Politics Of Division Between Osinbajo, Tinubu - Ojudu / Who Is Rivers State Governor At The Moment? / How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.