Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria (11869 Views)

Ganduje: Why Governors Are Afraid Of Signing Death Warrants / Miyetti Allah: You Will Leave North If Your Governors Insist On Evicting Herders / COVID-19: Northern Governors Insist On Banning Almajiri System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by karma2000: 11:34am On Jun 26, 2019
State police and true federalism a new guide to karma
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2019
itsme01:
cool

we need state police and true federalism, this Unitary system giving central government too much power isn't doing us any good, and all thanks to Aguyi Ironsi it wouldn't have been like this.

If Chicago decides to kill each other with their gun violence , its non of the business of Washington metro police or NYPD

Same as a state like Dubai and Abudhabi are growing real fast and Ajman and Alain are not drawing them back

That man was just a shortsighted fool who destroyed a perfectly working federalism in the name of eradicating tribalism and forging one stupid national unity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2019
Sadly we don't mature to the extent that state police should be created.
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2019
xarm:
tongue
so that they can turn their offices to arsenal. many of them have not been able to pay their workers salary, the police are extorting masses when they are been paid regularly by fg, what will now happen when they state government start owing them 3 to 6 months salary? i guess they will legalize robbery.

Officers of state police extorting money from the masses, especially drivers and motorcycles plying state roads could easily be reported to the governor, and the serious and no-nonsense governors among the 36 would sack those involved in such practices. But when a member of the Nigerian Police extorts you in one interior village can you have access to the IG of police or the president himself to seek redress? The system just has to be decentralized for it to work.
Moreover, state/community police will majorly gather intelligence information on potential criminal acts at the grassroots...an area in which the centralized police has failed woefully hence insurgents and kidnappers are having a field day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2019
shocked hope it's not sport advert.
cligence:
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO CONTACT NAIRALAND, I PAID FOR AN ADVERT GETTING TO 1 WEEK NOW AND HAVE SENT NOTIFICATION TO OLUWASEUN MULTIPLE TIMES, STILL NO RESPONSE, THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME OF RUNNING ADHERE, AT LEAST I HAVE SPENT OVER HALF A MILLION, I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY POOR COMMUNICATION AND SERVICE.
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by backT(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2019
NSNA:
The Governor's should go ahead and create state police.

They don't need permission from the government.

Just like lastma.

If all SW governors should do this simultaneously there is nothing the FG can do about it.
Security is in the exclusive list. They can only get the approval if the federal remove it from there.
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by NSNA: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2019
backT:

Security is in the exclusive list. They can only get the approval if the federal remove it from there.

Believe me if tomorrow all SW governors should start state police what will FG do about it. Nothing.

If they stop federal allocations the state can stop all contributions to the FG.

Then a face off.

Trump 101 negotiation

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by Artzdanielsz(m): 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
Federal and state police will kill themselves, no be police that harasses other paramilitary units
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by blackboy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
Una neva finish last years salary you want to join another maybe 50,000 to the workers you cannot pay or struggling to pay. Greed and selfishness.
FG should work on the NPF to do more and better. States should work on themselves by putting things in place to make life better for those living therein.
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by Immaculate090: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
State police is a good idea, but the issue am going to have with them is owing them 6/9months salary and they turn themselves to nuisance in each states ....

Way forward, the federal government should sign Peace Corp and other pending Marshalls into law, to curb herdsmen and other security issues in our nation, while states should prepared to improve their economy , once each states economy is strong to pay minimum wage without stress, then we can call for state police.

My opinion
Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
Restructure no, state police no, divide no, let States generate their electricity no, sell the country no, and everything is getting worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
sky101:
I picked two things here.
Nigeria is still a developing country
If the Federal Government often use police to harass perceived enemies, imagine what will be the norm in 36+ states.

Governors are already acting like mini God's adding state police to that will be too much at this stage of democracy in Nigeria.

Imagine if Rochas Okorocha OR Yahaya Bello had total control of police in their states?

Stop electing idiots into state assembly problem solved. They're supposed to write laws to limit executive over reach so they dont act tyrannical. The other solution is LG police.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria by booksrite001: 6:12am On Jul 02, 2019
dblackceazer:
Restructure no, state police no, divide no, let States generate their electricity no, sell the country no, and everything is getting worse.

cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Buhari, Governors Postponed NEC Meeting Amid APC Crisis / Petroleum Tanker Drivers Begin Strike As Talks With Govt Fail / There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.