Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo (11836 Views)

There Won’t Be Any Clash If Osinbajo Decides To Run Against Tinubu — Lagos APC / ‘There Won’t Be Outside Influence’ — CJN Speaks On Supreme Court ‘VAT Panel’ / “i’m In London To Pick Up Some Pizza And My Inauguration Clothes” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
Anambra State Governor-Elect, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, on Thursday, said that there won’t be fanfare during his inauguration on March 17. He said that funds for such would be used to address more important development issues in the state.

Soludo made it clear that he had adopted an open governance model that would guarantee transparency and accountability to Ndi Anambra; insisting that his administration would not waste the state’s resources on jamborees.

The incoming governor bared his mind during the inauguration of his 80-man transition committee led by Mrs Obiageli Ezekwesili at Golden Tulip Hotel, Agulu in Anaocha Local Government Area of the state.

The former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor said that he would move from the inauguration venue to his office and from there to Onitsha and environs particularly Okpoko community where he plans to clean up.

He said that those who would be appointed into the government must be ready to work as “there is no time to waste”, saying that he was determined to revamp Anambra’s economy and place the state on the global map.

“I’ll be heading to Okpoko immediately after the inauguration. I’ll put in eight hours of work immediately after the inauguration. Don’t expect fanfare because it won’t take place”, he stated.

Soludo promised to finish the works started by the outgoing Governor Willie Obiano and then initiate new ones; adding that he would source for competent hands that would help to develop the state irrespective of where they come from.

“If a Pakistani will give us 24 hours of electricity, I will bring him and make him commissioner for utilities. What the people care about is the services they get and not necessarily who did it. We want to get good results here. What matters is the result. Accountability is a must here”, Soludo declared.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/there-wont-be-fanfare-at-my-inauguration-says-soludo/

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by gasparpisciotta: 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
This will be one of the best ever state government in Nigeria

This I have seen

Prof Boramah of Afrexim bank is also a member but he was absent perhaps cos of official matters

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by gasparpisciotta: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
I am very eager to see what transformations Soludo will bring to Anambra.

Whatever he does may propel him to be a future Nigerian President

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by ViperAda: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
e still dey shark dis one, too much talks, too many paparazzi, too many jamboree. By the time you enter into the murky waters in Agu Akwa Government house , una eyes go clear.

-Viper

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
[s]
ViperAda:
e still dey shark dis one, too much talks, too many paparazzi, too many jamboree. By the time you enter into the murky waters in Agu Akwa Government house , una eyes go clear.

-Viper
[/s]
He is not new in public sector

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by ViperAda: 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
post=109546620:
[s][/s]
He is not new in public sector
Those before him with PhD, impressive credentials and years of public sector experience, also said even more than him yet they fell short.
Unless he won't be depending on the monthly allocations from Abuja. I can't see anything different he's got to offer but to steal his own share of the loot like his predecessors.

-Viper

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by NoahHadNoArk: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
[s]
ViperAda:

-Viper
[/s]

You are a real viper......

The last thing anyone needs now is a dose of your bad energy and negativity.
Swallow it!

Ewu!!!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Nonpartisan1: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Useless man! After appointing more than 200 people to handle your transition?

3 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Cyberterror: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
I am from Imo state but Anambara is very lucky to have Soludo as their governor.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Dumbo mind with bitterness, pls can you show us the list of 200 people he appointed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by helinues: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2022
That make sense.

1 Like

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by IGBOSON1: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
A Daniel come to judgement!

Had it been Nigeria wasn’t a country where things were done upside down...that’s when they’re done at all, and there wasn’t this senseless ethno-religious inspired lust for power at the centre that throws up incapable and questionable characters for president, then by now we should be talking of someone like Soludo having a chance in 2023! Instead, we’re talking of the likes of Tinubu, Kalu and Yahaya Bello!

11 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by IGBOSON1: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
ViperAda:

Those before him with PhD, impressive credentials and years of public sector experience, also said even more than him yet they fell short.
Unless he won't be depending on the monthly allocations from Abuja. I can't see anything different he's got to offer but to steal his own share of the loot like his predecessors.

-Viper

There’s a reason we need to keep unimaginative and dull characters like you away from governance. For you, governance just entails rushing to Abuja monthly to collect allocation! sad

25 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by slivertongue: 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
“If a Pakistani will give us 24 hours of electricity, I will bring him and make him commissioner for utilities. What the people care about is the services they get and not necessarily who did it. We want to get good results here. What matters is the result. Accountability is a must here”, Soludo declared.

54 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
e pain am ooo
how far incoming cofnor Andy Uba grin

19 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by IGBOSON1: 12:58am On Jan 21, 2022
slivertongue:

This here is my fear....that the present structure of the Nigerian polity (the constitution) could prevent the incoming administration from performing optimally. All sorts of stumbling blocks could be placed in his way by Abuja...the Anambra airport, still not being cleared to take wide-bodied aircraft, is a case in point.

The electricity he mentioned is in the exclusive list, and there’s little a state can do....even if it has the capacity, to guarantee 24 hrs electricity when all power generation goes to the NATIONAL GRID!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 21, 2022
I don't know much about Obiano but one of the reasons I like him is that he understands chain of command, as a governor he knows how to attract investments (public/private) and he knows how to negotiate with Abuja to make it work.
Soludo knows this too, you should have confidence in him

IGBOSON1:

This here is my fear....that the present structure of the Nigerian polity (the constitution) could prevent the incoming administration from performing optimally. All sorts of stumbling blocks could be placed in his way by Abuja...the Anambra airport, still not being cleared to take wide-bodied aircraft, is a case in point.

The electricity he mentioned is in the exclusive list, and there’s little a state can do....even if it has the capacity, to guarantee 24 hrs electricity when all power generation goes to the NATIONAL GRID!

4 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by RuddyFusion(m): 1:44am On Jan 21, 2022
Soludo we are waiting!!!

4 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:48am On Jan 21, 2022
The People's Choice. i wish SE can produce three soludos at a time.

9 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by kettykin: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The People's Choice. i wish SE can produce three soludos at a time.

If we can have Soludo , Umahi rule Anambra and ebonyi for the next 24 years , the south east demograph will change. The problem Igbo land has had is incompetent , vision less people in government

11 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by mrvitalis(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Not really there are several loop holes one can exploit if u are smart enough

U only need to transfer to national Grid if u produce more than 15mw of electricity 15mw n below can be use

So if Anambra wants 24 hours power what it first needs is a massive pipeline network for gas ....if that's done ... neighborhoods can easily build their own gas turbines 5mw to 15mw and use ...n trust Anambra billionaires ...every factory would have a gas turbine n share to its neighbours

It's complex yes but doable

7 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2022
There should be no noise ja re. For the benefit of all and sundry; wishing you success in the task ahead.

1 Like

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 21, 2022
Normally, this governor is wise! angry

5 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by ProfAmaben(m): 8:27am On Jan 21, 2022
I believe you're the best man for the job

7 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:27am On Jan 21, 2022
Okay naaw
Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Yibo(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Just tell us that Anambla state purse is empty we will understand you and blame Maxi Tulumbu for that.
Ndi ara
Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by lampard8888: 8:28am On Jan 21, 2022
F
Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Kateland: 8:28am On Jan 21, 2022
my guy don start work grin

2 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Obakoolex(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2022
When you have a learned person with great insight and a believer of legacy at the helm of state affairs no doubt the state is blessed!
Congratulations to my eastern people from Anambra for making a right decision

8 Likes

Re: There Won’t Be Fanfare At My Inauguration - Soludo by Ethannathan(m): 8:29am On Jan 21, 2022
O

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5000 Flee As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue And Nassarawa / Court Summons Okorocha Over Alleged Breach Of Peace / Boko Haram Attacks Shani Town In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.