Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction (384 Views)

Ignore Rumours That Fulanis Are In Imo To Kill Igbo People — Uzodinma [VIDEO] / Imo To Recover Oil Wells From Rivers / Coalition Of Traders, Artisans Endorse Obaseki/Shaibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 26, 2019

Fears have gripped hundreds of traders within the Owerri metropolis, after the Imo state government gave them 72 hours to vacate.

The fears gathered Tuesday in Owerri, was that the traders said that the government failed to include in the announcement an alternative place for them to continue their petty businesses with which they sustain their families.

But the government through the General Manager of Imo state Environmental Transformation Commission, ENTRACO, Alex Emeziem, said that the order must be obeyed and that it’s operation targets only those occupying illegal structures in the areas mentioned.

According to the government, it’s part of the rebuild Imo programme and tree planting project for beautification purposes.

However, the government said it regreted the inconveniences the order could cause them. According to the government, the programme for which the 72 hour ultimatum was given stated: “All those doing business between Naze Roundabout and the road verge to Emmanuel College Roundabout, should vacate the area immediately.

“All persons occupying the Green Verge from Emmanuel College (New Road) to Umezuruike Hospital Opposite SGI Cabinet Office Owerri should also vacate immediately.

“All persons occupying Illegal structures where they carry out their respective businesses from Akanchawa Road to Port Harcourt Road junction should also vacate.

“All these affected areas must be vacated within 72 hours of this announcement to enable the state government carry out its beautification and tree planting programme.

“Defaulters risk prosecution. We regret the inconveniences this movement might cause you.”

As part of the order would lead to shutting down operators of illegal motor parks as well as addressing the issue of indiscriminate dumping of refuse in the state capital and its environs.

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/hundreds-of-traders-in-imo-to-face.html?m=1

Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by MetaPhysical: 4:33am On Jun 26, 2019
I follow this thread. I want to see how Ibos that cry of hatred in Lagos respond to exact same order in Imo.
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by Pubichairs(m): 4:50am On Jun 26, 2019
undecidedDouglas wey be major road nko, Mbaise road?

this Ihedioha na pig Toto

he's becoming clueless daily, getting to a month since his Inauguration he hasn't done anything tangible
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by greatiyk4u(m): 5:04am On Jun 26, 2019
What of Douglas, Mbaise and Royce road bt AMA Jk?

A Month is gone and all IHEDIOHA has achieved is just constituting of committee,appointment of cronies and media attack of Rochas the architect of modern Owerri

We are on ground to see the rebuild imo programme
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by Bridget95(f): 5:19am On Jun 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I follow this thread. I want to see how Ibos that cry of hatred in Lagos respond to exact same order in Imo.
How does this equal to the destruction of shops and theft of property in the dead of the night in oshodi sometimes ago before people could return from Christmas celebrations.
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by ayokellany: 5:24am On Jun 26, 2019
As una say una foolish PDP n it politician must prove to you say him foolish pass you s when next you see APC in Imo state you will beg to have them in power.
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by helinues: 5:30am On Jun 26, 2019
Ihedioha take it easy.. You are less than 2 months in power but most of the news about you are not that good.

Try and deliver your election promises to IMOLITES
Re: Hundreds Of Traders In Imo To Face Eviction by TRIGITIS: 5:37am On Jun 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:
In this case, they will tell you how such action will bring about the much needed development.

Blaming everyone for their failure except themselves.

Also, don't forget that 2-litre kerosene is a very huge gift.

Igbos are the most brainless of all pigs. angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gombe Governor Now Champion Of Wild Polio Eradication Campaign In North East / My WAEC Certificate Can’t Resolve Nigeria’s Problem – Buhari Tells Appeal Court / Boko Haram Releases NYSC Member, 4 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.