Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus (22543 Views)

Buhari Approves Funds For Super Falcons After Protest Over Unpaid Bonus. / Angry PSG Fans Hang Banners In Protest Of Possible Pogba Signing From Man Utd / Manchester United Fans Burn American Flag In Protest Against Club Owners(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by ultimatekint(m): 6:58am On Jun 26, 2019
Is there a Fulani man in the team?
Bonus kor, bonus nii
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Stefan111(m): 6:59am On Jun 26, 2019
GSA01:
This embarrassment should stop na. The players and NFF are all bunch of selfish individuals jare.
Really maybe you should go and play. Do you know how many matches they have played without paying them which mikel did help to pay them all
Nigeria na hardcore
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by patrickmuf(m): 7:00am On Jun 26, 2019
emmasege:
I can almost bet it with anyone that this isn't the fault of NFF but of the lifeless president who will not constitute cabinet immediately after inauguration.

With a minister in place and early submission of budget to NASS, this sort of national embarrassment can always be prevented.

A minister would have facilitated an early release of all allowances.

This is why we say that Nigeria lacks a government since 2015 or maybe we have one which goes backward while every nation is striving to move forward.I thought the lifeless one was reported to be watching the super Eagles against Burundi. So, he was watching the boys that he hasn't paid. Very inept, lifeless and wicked soul!

MY ADVICE to the boys: Boycott match sef if your allowance is not paid. Nigeria is not worth dying for. Is it not the same Naija where cows are more important than human beings, and Buhari's terrorists (Boko boys and Fulani herdsmen) more important than peace-loving Nigerians?
I am not in any way holding brief for the presidency but the ministry of youths and sport has a permanent secretary right? In the mean time, he heads the ministry so your excuse of appointment doesn't in anyway cut it.
This is not the first of its kind, even when we had ministers, this trend was still the norm. It's not everything you heap on the head of the president, the ministry of youths and sport should've had things sorted out long before now.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by GSA01: 7:01am On Jun 26, 2019
Mk12:

how do you know money is available? or you think Nigeria football can finance itself? we still depend of government finance.
the office of the sport minister that is supposed to help facilitate the release is vacant

So what’s now the duty of the perm sec of the ministry?
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by namiji2598: 7:02am On Jun 26, 2019
GSA01:

Lol. Bunch of literate, where did taking your own time to read, took you to? Since you obviously cannot comment with an insult.
does that look like an insult? sorry
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by majamajic(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2019
Neddstark:
Before you boys were born, for Super Eagles this has always been the norm. And you shook your head go play for them. Now you are choosing to sabotage the nation because of unpaid bonuses. You think your career will ever be better?
Any wise footballer will give his best in this competition to make sure their names are written in the sands of time and so their performance gives them opportunity to play in big clubs as scouts are watching. If they like, let them keep playing for money. Their careers will end up worse than Lukman Haruna and Sani Kaita.

or femi opabunmi
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Neddstark: 7:04am On Jun 26, 2019
magicminister:

With your way of thinking, you’d never succeed in business. Never ever ever work for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your own family need your services, charge them half or quarter price but never work for free.
Nobody on earth appreciates something they didn’t pay for.

Then with this knowledge, don't support the super eagles. As they are not expected to give their beet because of no pay

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Neddstark: 7:06am On Jun 26, 2019
cjudy:

May you work and never be paid. Amen

May your evil prayer never come to pass but befall you and your generations.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by tfash96(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2019
psalmylee:
God is it a crime to b a Nigerian ?I tire for this kind country. the land is really really cursed
u just knew it's a sin to be a Nigerian. I'm a sinner u are also a sinner.. Nothing at all is working in this country.. For Nigerians to be going to Ghana for greener pasture u should know that it's over in this country..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by blowjohn(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2019
Benekruku:
National embarrassment!

Those smaller African countries be looking at our team like "Is that the team of the so called Giant of Africa."

When I said in an earlier thread that these players are the most useless some people came to bash me.
They pay most national team players like England peanuts and they even donate their money to charity whenever they play for country. Yet they always ginger to play for their country.
But here in Nigeria and Africa after just one match they start protesting.
Someone was asking if it's fair to work and not be paid!
Please, that should be related to club functions not national call ups.
This is football. This is about glory and honor.
Useless players that can't play anything. They are not even up to the level of them kanu yet they r protesting. Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Benekruku(m): 7:30am On Jun 26, 2019
blowjohn:

When I said in an earlier thread that these players are the most useless some people came to bash me.
They pay most national team players like England peanuts and they even donate their money to charity whenever they play for country. Yet they always ginger to play for their country.
Useless players that can't play anything. They are not even up to the level of them kanu yet they r protesting. Nonsense.

You said it all!
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Kenneth10110(m): 7:31am On Jun 26, 2019
Neddstark:
Before you boys were born, for Super Eagles this has always been the norm. And you shook your head go play for them. Now you are choosing to sabotage the nation because of unpaid bonuses. You think your career will ever be better?
Any wise footballer will give his best in this competition to make sure their names are written in the sands of time and so their performance gives them opportunity to play in big clubs as scouts are watching. If they like, let them keep playing for money. Their careers will end up worse than Lukman Haruna and Sani Kaita.

Stop spitting poo these Nigeria system is bleeped up why can't Burundi protest for allowance or you think if Madrid owe their players salary upon how much they pay they won't protest ? Let them boycott the match cuz even teachers working to train the children for a better tomorrow are being owed up to 6 months or more even with them protesting no remedy so think next before you elect a president.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Kenneth10110(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2019
blowjohn:

They pay English players peanuts you will just be typing rubbish. Yes they pay them but why didn't tell us if they have been owed even for a week. These trash must stop from owing U-20 to Super Falcons now owing the main football team of the country. Come and work then I'll owe you for two months lets see how you feel and how you'll react to duty.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by orazx: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2019
GSA01:
This embarrassment should stop na. The players and NFF are all bunch of selfish individuals jare.
. Baba,if you are also one of these players you will act like that,our football Federation is corrupt just like our government, The U-20 guys had issues with them, Our Super Falcons too,now the Super Eagles.. This one of the reasons why our UK born players will always reject Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Alexrayz(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2019
nairalaila:
The Super Eagles players who yesterday refused to turn up for a media conference, have also boycotted training in protest over their unpaid bonus. 

Suleiman Folarin, an ESPN sports journalist who confirmed the Super Eagles boycotted training in protest over their unpaid bonus, tweeted; 

"BREAKING: @NGSuperEagles of #NGA are boycotting practice today. Players have gone on strike due to unpaid allowances. Tuesday’s training scheduled for 14:15 Egyptian time hrs has been cancelled. #TotalAFCON2019"

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/26/super-eagles-players-boycott-training-in-protest-over-unpaid-bonus/

It not rocket science been expecting this since I heard Nff did not include it in the national budget knowing the will hold all the cards to ask for anything cause they will have the sympathy of the country and entire world and for the players with no shame they can as well loose the match knowing they sit on a high scale just to prove a point ... Who ever say the leaders are to be blame for the backwardness of the country and refuse to see that Nigerians as a whole need to be taken away from this Earth need a serious recheck
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by blowjohn(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2019
Kenneth10110:

They pay English players peanuts you will just be typing rubbish. Yes they pay them but why didn't tell us if they have been owed even for a week. These trash must stop from owing U-20 to Super Falcons now owing the main football team of the country. Come and work then I'll owe you for two months lets see how you feel and how you'll react to duty.

What work are u talking about?
Is it every day they play for the country?
Is it every week?
In fact, is it every month?
They work for their club bro.
U fail to realize that these players are even playing for country as a means to get richer.
Is that how it's supposed to be?
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:46am On Jun 26, 2019
make dem no go do craze for there o. I carry dem straight win for my ticket. and Na dem and Egypt remain for the ticket
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Kenneth10110(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2019
blowjohn:

What work are u talking about?
Is it every day they play for the country?
Is it every week?
In fact, is it every month?
They work for their club bro.
U fail to realize that these players are even playing for country as a means to get richer.
Is that how it's supposed to be?

You just said it all they ply for country to get richer it shows they get paid regularly and high
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by adanny01(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2019
emmasege:
I can almost bet it with anyone that this isn't the fault of NFF but of the lifeless president who will not constitute cabinet immediately after inauguration.

With a minister in place and early submission of budget to NASS, this sort of national embarrassment can always be prevented.

A minister would have facilitated an early release of all allowances.

This is why we say that Nigeria lacks a government since 2015 or maybe we have one which goes backward while every nation is striving to move forward.I thought the lifeless one was reported to be watching the super Eagles against Burundi. So, he was watching the boys that he hasn't paid. Very inept, lifeless and wicked soul!

MY ADVICE to the boys: Boycott match sef if your allowance is not paid. Nigeria is not worth dying for. Is it not the same Naija where cows are more important than human beings, and Buhari's terrorists (Boko boys and Fulani herdsmen) more important than peace-loving Nigerians?

Wow

Me i tire for these dumb and baseless accusations. Persin go hit im leg for stone, Buhari! One persin snatch another mans babe, Buhari!! When finally Nigeria loses out of AFCON, na Buhari!!!

Lets just make Buhari the treasurer of NFF and Captain of Super Eagles so that he will pay on time and win the AFCON.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Originalsly: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2019
Neddstark:

Do you realise that this is the kind mentality that has the country in a mess? ... and is the biggest problem facing the country? Greed and selfishness. You are the kind of person that will work for free.....one of the many that will report for duty month after month without being paid and do nothing about it.... and condemn others who will want to fight for their rights.... mentality of a slave and don't know it. The question of why aren't they paid their bonus will never enter your mind..... who is pocketing the money will never interest you... supporting corruption and diversion of funds and don't even know it.
With people now standing up for their rights worldwide..... and getting international attention and support which is bringing about change ... here are our Super Eagles standing up for their rights ....hoping to get attention and bring about change.... but instead of us sufferers rallying behind them...here we are condemning them. And we wonder why the Chinese and the Indians and the Arabs can come and abuse us in our own land. Wayyyyy too many spineless people.
If not paid... they should not play.... let the international.press get to the root of the problem and .ake the players be paid by force.... and of possible...pressure the fg to press charges against whoever is withholding their bonus.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Neddstark: 8:05am On Jun 26, 2019
Originalsly:

Do you realise that this is the kind mentality that has the country in a mess? ... and is the biggest problem facing the country? Greed and selfishness. You are the kind of person that will work for free.....one of the many that will report for duty month after month without being paid and do nothing about it.... and condemn others who will want to fight for their rights.... mentality of a slave and don't know it. The question of why aren't they paid their bonus will never enter your mind..... who is pocketing the money will never interest you... supporting corruption and diversion of funds and don't even know it.
With people now standing up for their rights worldwide..... and getting international attention and support which is bringing about change ... here are our Super Eagles stand up for their rights ....hoping to get attention and bring about change.... but instead of us sufferers rally behind them...here we are condemning them. And we wonder why the Chinese and the Indians and the Arabs can come and abuse us in our own land. Wayyyyy too many spineless people.

Rather than ranting, do something about it. Let them boycott it. You think this government will keep budgeting high for Nigerian Football after that? There is something caller focus. They shouldnt let payment obfuscate the zeal to win the cup. Look at falcons, very disgraceful. Who is fighting for their salary when they were just abysmal?
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by dohyn(m): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2019
It's so gratifying to see people support the Super Eagles insistence on their match bonuses.

I just hope to see to see this same energy when next Doctors go on strike to demand for their own unpaid salaries too. Nobody should talk about Oath then.

All workers deserve their wages. Thank you
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Originalsly: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2019
Neddstark:

Rather than ranting, do something about it. Let them boycott it. You think this government will keep budgeting high for Nigerian Football after that? There is something caller focus. They shouldnt let payment obfuscate the zeal to win the cup. Look at falcons, very disgraceful. Who is fighting for their salary when they were just abysmal?

Focus my foot. When you sign up to work for a company .... salary N70K..... will you focus and continue working if not paid? What will you do?
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Cocolatti(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2019
Neddstark:
Bros, the job or business you are doing is it for free? This guy's are footballers and that's their career where they earn a living. You now expect them to work free. I advice you to go and challenge your Legislators who collect millions for sleeping in the National Assembly to make sacrifice for the country

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by frankson1(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2019
tesppidd:
One would be forgiven to think that this guy was just born yesterday.

If some people don't mention Buhari and talk bad or insult him then their day is not complete.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by yashau(m): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2019
emmasege:

A minister would have facilitated an early release of all allowances. Stop saying what you don't know super eagle's were offered to pay in naira and they are demanding to pay them in dollar

Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by Cmanforall: 8:27am On Jun 26, 2019
nairalaila:
The Super
Eagles players who yesterday refused to turn up for a media conference, have also boycotted training in protest over their unpaid bonus. 

Suleiman Folarin, an ESPN sports journalist who confirmed the Super Eagles boycotted training in protest over their unpaid bonus, tweeted; 

"BREAKING: @NGSuperEagles of #NGA are boycotting practice today. Players have gone on strike due to unpaid allowances. Tuesday’s training scheduled for 14:15 Egyptian time hrs has been cancelled. #TotalAFCON2019"

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/26/super-eagles-players-boycott-training-in-protest-over-unpaid-bonus/

Boycotting training is not the best way to protest. Remember your opponents are working hard while you doing nothing. Do not blame this day you didn't train as cause of any future loss.
Anyway, your complaints have been heard. You would have used media ( social inclusive) , or make some placards sending your message as you train. And if you want to boycott anything, then let it be the main match.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by penearth(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2019
THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT INTERFERE IN THE AFFAIRS OF THE NFF. ITS THE SOLE ADMINISTRATION OF NFF TO OVERSEE THE FINANCIAL BONUSES OF THE SUPER EAGLES NOT THE GOVERNMENT. THE SUPER EAGLES DON'T GO CAP-IN-HAND TO THE PRESIDENCY,IF THAT HAPPENS FIFA HAMMER FALLS
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by oluwaahmed: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2019
NFF needs to start running as a biz enterprise with its own budget separate from that of the ministry of sports. Ordinarily the marketing department of the NFF should have gotten sponsors that will pay for stuff like match bonus. All these multinational Oil companies can confidently chest this bill now, afteralk is it not total that is sponsoring the nations cup as a whole. We need smart people to man these type of organizations, the embarrassment from ineptitude is too much. Haba
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2019
Kenneth10110:

Stop spitting poo these Nigeria system is bleeped up why can't Burundi protest for allowance or you think if Madrid owe their players salary upon how much they pay they won't protest ? Let them boycott the match cuz even teachers working to train the children for a better tomorrow are being owed up to 6 months or more even with them protesting no remedy so think next before you elect a president.

Club is different from National team bro.
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by jiksman3: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2019
And i carried dem straight wining today cry
Re: Super Eagles Players Boycott Training In Protest Over Unpaid Bonus by jesmond3945: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2019
Money is gradually destroying the game we love. This boys are very rich and it seems that patriotism is far away from them. They just want that exposure that would enable scouts from real madrid to see them. This issue is becoming a malady all over the world were FIFA is the chief supreintendant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official: Arsenal Sign Pepe For £72 From Lille / 5ft6 Kante Marks 6ft4 Van Dijk During Corner, Twitter Users React / Saudi Arabia Trip: Messi Apologises To Club, Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.