Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State (473 Views)

Two Teenagers Caught Trying To Use 14-year-old Girl For Rituals In Bayelsa / Three Sisters Drown In Ebonyi River (Graphic Photos) / Two Teenagers Drown In Lagos Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State by GistmoreNG: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2019
GistMore.com

A fast-rising Nollywood writer, actor, and director, Kagho, Harley Akpor, has reportedly drown in a swimming pool at a popular hotel in Asaba, Delta State.

Although details of the incident were still sketchy as at press time, sources said the actor was at a film location shooting a movie alongside other crew members when he fell into the pool.

The source said the writer might have drowned because he had no swimming skills, adding that as at the time he was rescued from the water, a lot of damage had been done.

Commissioner of Police in Delta State, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke who confirmed the incident in Asaba on Tuesday could also not give details.

Adeleke, however, said the deceased was not at a movie location when he allegedly drowned; he simply went to the swimming pool for other reasons when the sad incident occurred.

Meanwhile, two teenagers have allegedly drowned in a local pond in Ogwashi-Uku, in Aniocha South Local Government Area of the state.

The victims were said to have drowned when they went swimming in the pond which was recently dredged for fishing business.

Locals said the supposed pond was not initially meant for fish rearing but a burrow pit where water from a cassava processing machine close to it was being emptied.

Besides, the pit was also said to be used as a waste dump site by the residents.

A resident said: “From what we learnt, someone opted to dredge the pit, expand it and convert it to a fish pond. Already, the pit has been dredged and filled with new water.

“It was in the pond that the little boys went on an adventure to swim unaware that the dredging was not properly done because there was still accumulated mud beneath which obviously trapped their leg and that resulted in the drowning.”

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nollywood-actor-two-teenagers-drown-in-delta-state

Re: Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State by GistmoreNG: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2019
kiss
Re: Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State by Nbote(m): 7:06am On Jun 26, 2019
Me I have one rule, stay as far away as possible from any pool or body of water dat will b above my knees...
Re: Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:15am On Jun 26, 2019
Death by asphyxiation is one of the worst way to die.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Two Teenagers Drown In Delta State by delugajackson: 8:27am On Jun 26, 2019
This is why it is necessary to acquire some swimming skills.

You can save your own life by not drowning. Or better still, stay far away from any large body of water. Don't risk your life for a silly adventure.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cocaine Found Inside A Man's Car After Hitting And Killing Two Children Photos / Read Reno Omokri's Advice To Yahoo Boys / I Pray For My State. Yenagoa Cults Clash Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.