Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread (478 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by dominique(f): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yeah it's match day 6, a little late for this thread but better late than never right? smiley

As we root for our favourite teams during the current AFCON, there are other matches teams that interest us but are not featured on frontpage

We can use this thread to discuss fixtures, live matches, results, player's performances and of course hype our favourite teams cool �� ��
Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by dominique(f): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Today's Fixtures

Group B
3:30pm: Nigeria vs Guinea (see thread here)

Group A
6:00pm: Uganda Vs Zimbabwe

9:00pm: Egypt vs DR Congo

I thought Uganda and Zimbabwe were the underdogs of this group but after Zimbabwe almost dazed Egypt with a goalless draw and Uganda trashed Congo DR by 2 goals to nothing, I've seen this is going to be one hell of an unpredictable group. This tournament is showing is that there are no more small teams on this continent, underestimate any team at your own risk. See what happened between Ghana and Benin yesterday, who would have thought those little squirrels would hold a whole black stars of Ghana to a 2 all draw?
Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by hoodedjaystrim(m): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
Who are the possible opponents we are likely to face in R16
Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by Nayo08(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by dominique(f): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nayo08:
smiley I think there's a similar thread to this https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-russia-2018

Are you sure the OP didn't recently modify the topic to include AFCON 2019? Are other teams discussed on there?

hoodedjaystrim:
Who are the possible opponents we are likely to face in R16

To be honest I don't know how they'll do the pairing with this new grouping. Even CAF website has not revealed anything

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by Nayo08(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
dominique:

Are you sure the OP didn't recently modify the topic to include AFCON 2019? Are other teams discussed on there?
I think the topic was just modified and yes other teams are discussed since there are none Nigerians there also
Re: AFCON 2019 Discussion Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
My awesome Madam Dominique smiley

Good day Ma'am. Guess I have to just stop by at your boulevard and say hi ..... grin

And about the Afcon 2019 tag on the Super Eagles thread. It was wasn't recent. We modified it since the beginning of the qualifiers. So it's been a long time.

Anyway, Ma'am... Trust you doing just great. Thanks for checking on me the last time. I really appreciate. You have a beautiful soul. Take care Ma'am and please do join us on that Super Eagles thread sometimes.... It would be such an honor having a super mod like you in the mansion... wink

dominique:

To be honest I don't know how they'll do the pairing with this new grouping. Even CAF website has not revealed anything

(1) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Makes Man United 2019-20 Pre Season Tour Squad / Arsenal Day Celebration Going On In Kogi State / Harry Maguire First United Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.