Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group (2306 Views)

Northern Group Warns Against Plot To Undermine Tinubu / AIT Gets Threatened By A Northern Group / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by rasputinn(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2010
NPF has no right to speak for northerners – Northern group 
By Mike Odiegwu, Minna   
Thursday, 7 Oct 2010   

A northern socio-political group, the National Democratic Forum, on Wednesday, criticised the position taken against President Goodluck Jonathan by the Northern Political Forum and said the northern leaders have no justifiable grounds to speak for northerners.

The National President of the group, Mr. Jonathan Vatsa, spoke to our correspondent in Minna, Niger State, while reacting to a statement credited to the Chairman of NPF, Mallam Adamu Ciroma that Jonathan should either resign or be impeached.

Irked by the statement, Vatsa carpeted the members of NPF and asked that “they should all resign from politics for impoverishing the people of the north or face divine impeachment.”

He referred to members of the NPF as a clique of failed politicians who had used their political positions to entrench poverty in the north while amassing wealth for their immediate family members, friends and cronies.

He said the leaders were crying foul of zoning not because they had interest of the general north at heart but because they viewed politics as their only means of creating financial security for themselves and their family members.

He regretted that “the legacies created for the general interest of the north by past leaders, like the Sardauna of Sokoto, had been plundered by the same politicians who are hiding under the umbrella of NPF.”

He wondered why the leaders, who, through government resources, sent their children abroad and create employment opportunities for them in juicy federal agencies, amidst rising unemployment, should claim to be championing the cause of the north.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010073172368
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by rasputinn(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2010
rasputinn:

The National President of the group, Mr. Jonathan Vatsa, spoke to our correspondent in Minna, Niger State, while reacting to a statement credited to the Chairman of NPF, Mallam Adamu Ciroma that Jonathan should either resign or be impeached.

Irked by the statement, Vatsa carpeted the members of NPF and asked that “they should all resign from politics for impoverishing the people of the north or face divine impeachment.”
He referred to members of the NPF as a clique of failed politicians who had used their political positions to entrench poverty in the north while amassing wealth for their immediate family members, friends and cronies.

He said the leaders were crying foul of zoning not because they had interest of the general north at heart but because they viewed politics as their only means of creating financial security for themselves and their family members.

He regretted that “the legacies created for the general interest of the north by past leaders, like the Sardauna of Sokoto, had been plundered by the same politicians who are hiding under the umbrella of NPF.”

He wondered why the leaders, who, through government resources, sent their children abroad and create employment opportunities for them in juicy federal agencies, amidst rising unemployment, should claim to be championing the cause of the north.

God bless you for speaking the truth
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by emyworld: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2010
gbam!!!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by jamace(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2010

Pointblank truth. Me like it!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by CareTaker1(m): 11:40am On Oct 07, 2010
Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by debeginin(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
Honestly,I wish I could lay my hands on that retard called Ciroma.Him jst busy the heat the polity wit him cronies.Make fight start,we the Northern youths go surprise them by killin dem and their families.nonsense,expired old fools.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by Goddex: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
That ciroma man is senile.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by edoyad(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
All these 'northern' rubbish stories you people dig up from god knows where, could some one please define the areas or people that constitute that so called 'north' ?
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
would you vote for IBB, Gusau, Atiku, or Bukola Saraki whats their agenda, and manifesto
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by NAJALYN: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
I thank God that Nigerians are beginning to embrace good & vehemently opposing evil. I thank Jonathan Vatsa & members of the National Democratic Forum for putting to shame their northern elders. The elders who are supposed to act as elders have lost all sense of direction and are bent on plunging this Country into another civil war. But they will all reap what they are sewing & will continue to face disgrace. God will continue to keep Nigeria & her people together in peace, love, unity & harmony. Anyone who attempts to compound our problems will find himself taken out of the Country & will not believe what hit him. Long Live Nigeria. NAJALYN
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by NAJALYN: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
I thank God that Nigerians are beginning to embrace good & vehemently opposing evil. I thank Jonathan Vatsa & members of the National Democratic Forum for putting to shame their northern elders. The elders who are supposed to act as elders have lost all sense of direction and are bent on plunging this Country into another civil war. But they will all reap what they are sewing & will continue to face disgrace. God will continue to keep Nigeria & her people together in peace, love, unity & harmony. Anyone who attempts to compound our problems will find himself taken out of the Country & will not believe what hit him. Long Live Nigeria. NAJALYN
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by bestman09(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2010
Why cant ciroma and co rest? Shey na by force? Some body should pls tell them that their time is up!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by villous(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
WHO ARE DIS ELDERS IS IT NOT A CONGREGATION OF DOES WHITE BEARDS THAT HAS NOTHING ON THERE SCORE TO OFFER DER STATE WEN THEY ARE IN POWER BUT TO BRAIN WASH DER FOLLOWER BY FEEDING DEM WITH ONE BAG OF RICE THEY SIGN 10MILLION FOR PER DAYS.
THEY THOUGHT W ARE NOT SEEING DEM THE BUILT MANSION 4OO CHILDREN DIE OF LEAD POISING,THEY BUILT EMPIRE FOR DER CHILDREN CLAIMING 32 TOILET FOR 200 MILLION IDIOT ELDERS.
SEPTEMBER 27 ATTACK DID BUSH RESIGN
JAN 27 BLAST DID OBJ RESIGN
DELE GIWA DEAD DD IBB RESIGN
PAKISTAN FLOOD DAT CLAIM MILLION DD DER PRESIDENT RESIGN
BUT YOU DIS GOOD FOR NOTHING ELDERS AT THE NORTH THAT STRIVE FOR NOTHING BUT YOUR PULSE MAY THE ALMIGHTY ALLAH THAT YOU USE IN DECEIVING JUDGE YOU AND UR GENERATION WITH SERIOUS AND TERRIBLE DISASTER THAT YOU WONT RECOVERED FROM DEM FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION UNLESS YOU REPENT OF YOUR DUBIOUS AND WICKED WAY
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by reindeer: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
Unfortunately, the sane guys who wrote this are the educated youths who are of course a minority in the north of the country. Ciroma and his cohorts have a larger number of illiterate boko haram types who'll kill anyone for their bosses,so far they get their free sallah food and meat. Ciroma and co are used to the rankadede they have enjoyed for generations.
The means to free Nigeria must start by educating her youths, but of course, if they do that how will their kids educated here get the edge when they go back home?
I only wish this kind of media stories go out on hausa radio in the nothern states and in hausa not turenchi. wink
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by denitro(m): 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
Allah bless you
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by mimionye(m): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
My brothers,be still and watch.
God is not asleep.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by MaiSuya(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
rasputinn:

By Mike Odiegwu, Minna   
Thursday, 7 Oct 2010   

A northern socio-political group, the National Democratic Forum, on Wednesday, criticised the position taken against President Goodluck Jonathan by the Northern Political Forum and said the northern leaders have no justifiable grounds to speak for northerners.

I just LOOOOOOVE THIS!! cheesy
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by MaziUche0(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
I do not believe this Northern Group. . .

The way the North has acted throughout Nigerian history has said the contrary.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by ayinba1(f): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^ I guess u only see what your eyes choose to see!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by ItGeek(m): 11:33pm On Oct 07, 2010
Who are these NPF, are they not the same set of leader that has made sure that the nothern part of the country continues to lag behind since independence.

They only want the status quo to remain.

Its time to do away with these set of old men. mscheeeew,
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by abenelo: 9:24am On Oct 08, 2010
Ciroma nad his group has lost it. The North is not interested in blind politics anymore. Leaders who can attend to the need of the masses is what everyone wants.

I am not for or gainst jonathan but I think it is insane for some irrelevant selfish expired old fools to play politics out of a very unfortunate incidence.

GEJ gaffed when he hurriedly exonarated meant but that is not an impeachable offense neither is a mass muderer so called confession a fact that can be relied on.

The fact is that Presidents all over the world make mistakes that even cost lives and they are not impeached.
Bush took America to a hopless war in iraq, he was not impeached even at the height of his unpopularity home and abroad.

Thank God Nigerians have started seeing beyond the ethnic curtian that have been used by these self serving politicians to their personal gains. WE WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by Aussienavy: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2010
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by anonimi: 10:20am On Oct 08, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by Zab: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2010
Very happy my dream is manifesting. Nigerians can now analyse national issues with ethnic prejudice. May God continue to inject this spirit in us. Amen
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by Jencejyde(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2010
rasputinn:

By Mike Odiegwu, Minna   
Thursday, 7 Oct 2010   

Great words of integrity!!! I guess there is hope afterall.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by cjfavour(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2010
Is Adamu Ciroma ok? Why is he talking as if he is the father of Nigeria? This evil man should leave 9ja alone. He is campaigning for IBB so that he will give him chance to loot 9ja. Shame on him.
Re: Npf Has No Right To Speak For Northerners – Northern Group by ranran99: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2010
Five minutes later, he signed in as the GL, and said he'd been putting the guild through a test and that we'd Buy WOW Gold. He then proceeded to dress my husband down in guild chat for his comment, saying that my husband was wrong to RuneScape Gold "talking about him behind his back", and that if we were going to give the cold shoulder to new recruits, the guild was going to fail. My husband responded by saying that he hadn't intended it in a malicious way, and that the way a guild would succeed was if the members were more involved, not through tests and secrecy. Then my husband offered to leave the RS Gold, in order to avoid further conflict, which he ended up doing RuneScape Gold.

(1) (Reply)

Nass Election Prediction: Acn Controlled Nass / Massive Shake-up In Army •gocs, Brigade Commanders, Others Moved / A Brief Explanaition Of My Money Laundering Allegation - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.